Combining Two Reservations?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I made a last minute(ish) decision to tack 9/30-10/3 onto the end of my September trip. I was unable to book my dates as one reservation but succeeded (by constantly checking) to get reservations for 9/30-10/1 and 10/01-10/03. Both are for Premium sites.

is there any way to combine these or do I have to wait for check-in?

Thanks!

you can call Disney Reservations, enjoy the hold music, then they can combine them to one reservation.

Yes. If the CM you get says they can't do it (which is hit-or-miss these days) then ask to be transferred to the "Guest Services" department who can combine dates and deposits into one reservation number. Your separate reservations need to be at the same level of campsite and back-to-back dates (no gaps). I hope your reservation before 9/30 is the same level as these two.

Although honestly, I don't know what you gain by doing this at this point. I did it in the past before I hit my 180-day ADR window to get the 180+10 benefit on hard to get ADR's. But on your first check-in (or at any point during the first stay) go up to the Fort lobby (or call) and tell them about the subsequent reservations and they will pre-assign your current campsite number to the other reservations and put a do-not-bump notification on them.

Given you are inside the 60 day window (even the 60+10 nearly) I don't see a real benefit unless some can tell me what I'm missing.

Bama Ed

Thanks, I guess my main thing is I don’t want to have to move. This will be my first time solo!

I see your point but if you went to the lobby and talked with the CM and had it all worked out, I would refuse to move if it got screwed up. But it wouldn't come to that.

I've been on the receiving end of a similar arrangement.

Let's say @jsmla worked it out in advance after they arrived and on check-out day of res#1 heads to the MK early. You haven't vacated the site so the Cast Member can't clean/prep it for the "next guest" so the site number is not updated as "ready" so the auto text to the next site saying "Welcome your site #58 is ready" doesn't go out. And if checking in in person it would show not ready.

Sometime mid-day someone in the Fort lobby would call your cell which you had on file asking why you haven't left. And you would explain and say you weren't moving. But since you had an arrival that day (which obviously had a different site pre-assigned), they would take that pre-assigned site and give it to the OTHER arriving guest (same level of sites in both cases so it's just a shell game).

My experience with this was I checked in one morning and negotiated to get site 116 in loop 100 (it's the site to the left of the walkway that goes down to the Settlement TP). I was in luck - the campers on it were leaving that morning.

I killed time visiting the TP and such and went by there at noon and the rig was still there. So I called the lobby and asked what was going on? They contacted the current guest who wanted to extend their stay and work it out later that evening when they got back from the parks. Since there were vacancies, they could extend their stay and since they occupied the site, they got to stay there. I got put somewhere else.

I wouldn't waste my time on hold to get a merge done unless there was some defined benefit. Make a good faith effort to work it out when you arrive at first and then don't worry about it. If someone calls that day, remember its a shell game.

Bama Ed

Thanks, I’m really not bothered about any specific site, just don’t want to move. I might try and call on a day that isn’t so crazy like it is today with the Remy’s Preview registrations.

In order to merge to reservations they have to be the same type. They have to both be either packages with eight digit confirmation numbers or room onlys with 12 digit confirmation numbers. They also need to be the same site type. And they can't combine them if they have different offers like if you have a special offer on one but not the other they won't combine them. But even if they can't combine them they can note each reservation that you'd like to stay in the same place which can be helpful for the site assigners.

Thanks, they’re the same type (room only, rack) and category (Premium)

Update: Called Disney 10:00(ish) and, for the first time, got an estimated wait time under an hour. It took several spells on hold but the CM was able to combine my reservations. Everything, including hold time, took 43 minutes.

This will be my first solo visit and I’m not 100% confident with the hookups so I’m a little relieved!

Last edited:
Sometime in the last couple of weeks my October reservation lost it's "change reservation" button and I can't search to add on addition days anymore. But unable to sleep at 4am, I found a one night stay in a Full Hook Up site for the night prior to our stay, same category and booked it. I called this morning and got someone who said she couldn't combine the two reservations. She did say she added notes to each reservation to keep the same site. Given Ed's explanation above, I'm not sure calling back will be of any benefit, except peace of mind would be nice. And of course by booking two, I have two deposits out, instead of just adding to the balance of the original reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter