Combining points stay with cash stay

Gary2T

Mouseketeer
We were planing on doing a 7 night split stay this July. 3 nights at BCV studio followed by 4 nights in a Poly villa, both on rented points. After doing some Disney Math, we are flying a night earlier.

If I were to book the 1st night with cash in a BCV studio, is there a way to link that reservation to my (rented) points reservation? They would both be a Deluxe Studio at BCV. DW really doesn't want to change rooms for only one night.

We were planing on doing a 7 night split stay this July. 3 nights at BCV studio followed by 4 nights in a Poly villa, both on rented points. After doing some Disney Math, we are flying a night earlier.

If I were to book the 1st night with cash in a BCV studio, is there a way to link that reservation to my (rented) points reservation? They would both be a Deluxe Studio at BCV. DW really doesn't want to change rooms for only one night.
You would have two different booking systems with a cash night through Disney Reservation Center and a points stay with DVC. They cannot be linked. All you can do is have "Continuing stay" added to the first night reservation with the next reservation noted. And hope for good luck. But it's no guarantee that you won't have to move.

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty much I was thinking, but wanted to double check just to be sure.

You would have two different booking systems with a cash night through Disney Reservation Center and a points stay with DVC. They cannot be linked. All you can do is have "Continuing stay" added to the first night reservation with the next reservation noted. And hope for good luck. But it's no guarantee that you won't have to move.
Got a question here, would she get housekeeping on that next day in the BCV studio since that night was paid for in cash and not on points?

Got a question here, would she get housekeeping on that next day in the BCV studio since that night was paid for in cash and not on points?
Maybe. It just depends on the Housekeeper.

Maybe. It just depends on the Housekeeper.
I just wondered about that. I wonder if there are people that will book a cash stay at the resort they are in during the middle of their DVC trip in order to qualify for housekeeping. Or would that even work?

I just wondered about that. I wonder if there are people that will book a cash stay at the resort they are in during the middle of their DVC trip in order to qualify for housekeeping. Or would that even work?
In my opinion it is high risk for low possible return. Doing that you may have to move twice - out of your Villa into cash room, - out of cash room into new points Villa. Crazy

In my opinion it is high risk for low possible return. Doing that you may have to move twice - out of your Villa into cash room, - out of cash room into new points Villa. Crazy
Ya, that is true. I am looking at booking a studio at SSR with cash on the very end of my trip in April because as of now there are none available with points, but it is at the very end of my trip. I am hoping if I end up having to book with cash, I will get to keep the same studio.

Ya, that is true. I am looking at booking a studio at SSR with cash on the very end of my trip in April because as of now there are none available with points, but it is at the very end of my trip. I am hoping if I end up having to book with cash, I will get to keep the same studio.
That is different than your earlier post
However it is highly unlikely that you will be able to stay in the same Villa. Points Villas inventory is totally separate from Cash inventory. They can not be linked for a continuing stay

That is different than your earlier post
However it is highly unlikely that you will be able to stay in the same Villa. Points Villas inventory is totally separate from Cash inventory. They can not be linked for a continuing stay
Ok, what did I post earlier? Something different I am sure as my plans do change. I have done this at Hilton Head and got to stay in the same unit. I bet I would be able to stay in the same studio, not 100% for certain of course, but I bet the odds are in favor of me doing so. But I am hoping that I don't have to as to rent those points is a whole lot cheaper than booking with cash.

Ok, what did I post earlier? Something different I am sure as my plans do change. I have done this at Hilton Head and got to stay in the same unit. I bet I would be able to stay in the same studio, not 100% for certain of course, but I bet the odds are in favor of me doing so. But I am hoping that I don't have to as to rent those points is a whole lot cheaper than booking with cash.
You earlier posted about booking a cash stay in the middle of your stay in order to get housekeeping.

You earlier posted about booking a cash stay in the middle of your stay in order to get housekeeping.
No, I was not asking about that for myself. I was just curious as to what they do in that situation. You assumed that. You assumed wrong.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this, and I don't see what the upside would be. You've already paid for the points, and then to put out $400+ cash for a night in a studio just to get a cleaning you can pay $30 for?

I haven't heard of anyone doing this, and I don't see what the upside would be. You've already paid for the points, and then to put out $400+ cash for a night in a studio just to get a cleaning you can pay $30 for?
No I wouldn't do that either. I was just wondering what the procedure would be if someone was to do that. Believe me, I am hoping like crazy the day I am wanting will come open with points, because it is a lot cheaper than the cash price.

If you want extra housekeeping, just pay for it. Then you don't have to check out and check in and worry you are not in the same villa.

If you want extra housekeeping, just pay for it. Then you don't have to check out and check in and worry you are not in the same villa.
I'm not doing that. I will do my own housekeeping!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:In fact, I got the extra night booked on points today.

I'm not doing that. I will do my own housekeeping!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:In fact, I got the extra night booked on points today.
Good for you. I am glad you got your last day
But your post was very confusing, as seen by the responses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter