College Program Parents Thread...

The thing about that is that if someone discovers that and then discovers that he is also an active Cast Member.....

It isn't unheard of for a Cast Member to be instantly terminated on the spot for something like that, particularly during CP Arrival Seasons, when everyone sorta knows that something like that is going to happen and is on alert for it.

It probably would be best if you just avoid the Extra Magic Hours offering this time around. There will probably be many more chances to take advantage of it, particulary once he discovers the 50% Discount on Resort Rooms :rolleyes1.

When are the 50% discounts on resort rooms available for incoming CP participants? We are trying to decide where to stay when we bring DD down - at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, or at a resort.

When are the 50% discounts on resort rooms available for incoming CP participants? We are trying to decide where to stay when we bring DD down - at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, or at a resort.

Not until they have Hub access. If they knew someone else participating on a CP currently with Hub access, they could book a 40% off Friends/Family room now.

You can put him on the dining plan but then plan some two credit meals to use up whatever credits he would not use. We did that last year when we were better off using a package than my daughters hotel discount.
\Another option is when you are there after you have checked in on whatever day it is you want him to go to the EMHs with you go to the front desk and tell them your son who lives in town in going to meet you (stay with you?) and you would like a card for him. We did that on two different occasions with a niece in the area no problem.

I would probably avoid having him use someone else's card because he could get in trouble if found in the park during these hours without proper ID.

My daughter has a roommate who was fired for something similar (being at the Holiday parties without tickets).

I really don't think you will have any problem adding him after you get there for just the room portion of the visit. I know DVC does things a little differently but I still think that will doable.

And then your final option would be to just avoid EMH mornings and nights when he is with you.

Liz
do not want to get him into trouble so we will prob avoid emh alltogether

do not want to get him into trouble so we will prob avoid emh alltogether

Probably the better option, but it doesn't hurt to ask at check-in for him to be added. Since the dining plan is already paid for (assuming), it may work. Doesn't hurt to ask if it is the only option.

Please NOTE: This is my mom asking this question.

What have you guys heard about the housing in terms of safety, alcohol use, drugs, and sexuality? She has heard some negatives about the housing complexes.

Safety: The complexes are gated with 24 hour security.

Other: It's said that Vista is the party place, Patterson is the quietest, and Chatham is in the middle.

Personally, I believe that, like anywhere else, it's who you hang out with that makes the difference. My DD met her roommates on FB before she went, and deliberately chose girls who had the same values as she does - no partying, no drinking or drugs, no overnight sleepovers, etc. As long as you choose your friends wisely, you'll be fine!

Please NOTE: This is my mom asking this question.

What have you guys heard about the housing in terms of safety, alcohol use, drugs, and sexuality? She has heard some negatives about the housing complexes.

It's just like living in a dorm room at a college. Some people party and drink while others opt not too. During my CP I went to parties but my other roommates didn't. The consequences for being caught underage drinking or doing drugs are harsher than college's though because instead of taking an alcohol edu class you are termed from the program, many times immediately.

It is safe because you have to sign in people who don't live in that housing complex (so if I have a friend in Chatham who comes to visit me at Vista I'd have to sign them in after 9pm...if they aren't a CP they have to be signed in no matter what time)
The security guards check IDs 24 hours a day. There's also a time that people who don't live in that particular housing complex have to out of it (1am).

Hi. My dd started her CP last week at Hollywood Studios. She's been too busy (having fun!) to check on the HUB for hotel discounts for mom. ;) I was reading the materials that we received in our Parents packet and it says that there may be some blackout dates. We were planning to come for the week of Easter 28th-4/4. Does anyone know if these are blacked out dates for the discount?

The room discount does not really announce black out dates - it's all first come first serve (between CMs and regular guests). So if she can even find anything I'd book it fast before it goes away.

As for her maingate (getting you in the park for free) Easter is typically a block out period - it's the second busiest week of the year (behind Christmas/New Years).

MK is blocked: March 27-April 10
Epcot is blocked: March 29-April 8
DHS is blocked: March 31-April 7
DAK is blocked: March 29-April 7

Wow! Thanks for the super quick reply and the useful info! I've been trying to reach her. She said that cell service isn't the greatest at her apt at Patterson. I'll try to get her to book this for me asap!!! Thanks again. :goodvibes

We are going to be going down to move our DD back at the end of her CP. I was wondering if we can attend her graduation? And if so,is there a limit to the number of guests?

TIA

We are going to be going down to move our DD back at the end of her CP. I was wondering if we can attend her graduation? And if so,is there a limit to the number of guests?

TIA

It's not the type of graduation you might be thinking of. When I did my program, it was 2 different days with the same events on both days. You just pick up your "diploma", mouse ears and can get something to eat. There's different events and games and things. Each participant gets their own ticket. I didn't stay very long. They checked out tickets when we entered.

So no, you won't be able to go. I'm sorry!

It's not the type of graduation you might be thinking of. When I did my program, it was 2 different days with the same events on both days. You just pick up your "diploma", mouse ears and can get something to eat. There's different events and games and things. Each participant gets their own ticket. I didn't stay very long. They checked out tickets when we entered.

So no, you won't be able to go. I'm sorry!

Oh, please don't spread this around! ;) I spent a week when my son started in January, and his sister and I are going back in March for another week. She is planning another trip in May, and then I was going back for the big 'finale' in August. Not sure I can justify more time and $$$ if I won't see the festivities....guess I'll have to think about it!

My son is thinking about doing career start in the fall. He is probably going to apply sometime next week after he gets his letter of recommendation written. If he gets accepted when do they want him to accept it? I want him to keep his options open about college as well. He was going do to the college prgram, but feels career start might work better so he doesn't have to stop classes in the middle of his college career.

My son is thinking about doing career start in the fall. He is probably going to apply sometime next week after he gets his letter of recommendation written. If he gets accepted when do they want him to accept it? I want him to keep his options open about college as well. He was going do to the college prgram, but feels career start might work better so he doesn't have to stop classes in the middle of his college career.

Your son won't need a letter of recommendation. As far as I know it is no longer required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter