Collecting something special at aWDW

Grace and Mickey

DIS Veteran
Hi. I am looking for idea for my grandchildren to collect at WDW. I know some people collect Keychain, magets, something like this, something we could collected at differ rides attrations, parks.. looking for that would help them to remember the special memories made on the trip.. we are really pin trade.. Thanks for help me .

Hi. I am looking for idea for my grandchildren to collect at WDW. I know some people collect Keychain, magets, something like this, something we could collected at differ rides attrations, parks.. looking for that would help them to remember the special memories made on the trip.. we are really pin trade.. Thanks for help me .

We bought one of the pressed penny collector book things last trip and on our next trip we're going to hit up every one we see. Make a challenge out of it to see how many we can do.

What about selfies with the grandparents at each ride entrance/every place you eat?

We buy an ornament with every trip. And my kids have done a few pressed pennies here and there which are currently here and there in my house....

Or maybe buy them a small stuffed animal or they can take one from their collection assuming they have a collection like my kids, and take a picture with that item everywhere from the airport terminal to the seats, to looking out the window, to DME, etc...

My kids really like the pressed pennies better than anything we've done.

Also, I like the pics I've taken of the kids in the same spots as they've grown. It's kind of like a growth chart for vacations :)

I think you said you are not into pin trading? Collecting is just fine, too! You never HAVE to trade pins at WDW. I have to say, some of the ride pins are just really, really cool...they move or open, etc. So you may not want to trade them because they are the best collectibles. I bought these shadow boxes at hobby lobby and display the nice pins (ones we do not trade) in those. I even like to get them from the resorts where we stay and I have a separate 'patriotic/July 4' pin collection. Pins run 7.95-12.95 (I think!!) but someone may know exact cost in 2017 or confirm. What a special thing you are doing!!

Last edited:

The pressed pennies are a big hit here, too. The boys enjoy finding the machines and looking for ones we don't have yet.

We do the trading pins but could never part with one to actually trade. We get one from each park, and from different rides, shows etc. We have one of the castle that shows the fireworks in black and white, and when you pull a tab at the top the fireworks turn to colors. Our grandkids get that one out every time they are here and try to figure out how it works! We keep ours in a brass box and the kids are allowed to get them out as much as they like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter