Coinstar

Well this is just my 2 cents..but since you and are bf are moving in together, I personally would go open at bank account at your local credit union.

1. it possible would cash your change for free
2. you would probably need a checking account or something to pay your bills.

coinstars are great if you just have a little bit of change and don't mind losing a few bucks. if you think you have more then 100 dollars you would lose $10. that extra $10 could have been more food or items for your new place. i work in a grocery store that has a coinstar, and i cant believe the number of people that would cash in over $300 in change!

Before you head to a coinstar, check the locations online. It will tell you which places you can cash out for for free gift cards at which location. The walmart in town won't cash anything out for free but at the grocery store I have about 8 places to choose from and at the other grocery store in town I only have about 6, so good to check before you go :thumbsup2

It was free to non-customers when it was Commerce Bank. TDBank charges a fee if you don't have an account with them.

http://www.tdbank.com/exc/html/penny_arcade_pop_up.html

I just want to share my experience with their coin counter. I am a customer there, so there was no fee. However, I knew I had at least $130 in change because there is a counter on top of our money jar. The machine SEVERELY shorted me by almost $100. Had I have not known how much I had, I probably would have walked away with my $40. Instead I told the worker and she opened the machine and it was all stuck in the bottom. So beware when using those coin counters! Thinking back there were times I used coinstar and though for sure I had more in the jar than I did (no digital counter then). I guarantee I was shorted.

And this is why I love this place. I did NOT know of all the giftcard options they have. Wow! Amazon and Gap get the majority of my $$ for school clothes and holiday gifts. Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter