Code watch January 2017

Grandmatoniko

Mouseketeer
Hi, Just wondering if there was thread for code watch for January 2017? We went in Jan 2015 and there was stay, play, dine discount. So excited!!! I wanna start planning :rolleyes1 anyone else???

The free dining details for the UK have,l just been announced so you never know...

I'm planning a January 2017 stay as well and also took advantage of the Play, Stay and Dine in 2015. I have already booked the Swan for the first 4 nights and will be looking for a room only discount this time. With 3 adults and 2 teenage boys 1 room is not going to cut it. I don't expect to see anything until the fall.

I too am planning a January trip and am hoping for a discount. The waiting is torture!!!!

Hi all! We are moving our November 2016 stay to January 2017! First time for a January stay. We are really excited because we thought we would have to cancel altogether. Hoping for a code!! :)

Is the UK offer really 'free' or does it require park hoppers?

It requires UK tickets (14 or 21 day ultimates which include memory maker) & a 5 night stay

FREE Disney Dining, $200 Gift Card & Disney's 14 for 7-Day Ultimate Ticket!
Make big savings when you book a 2017 package that includes one of our FREE Dining Plans. Book by 7th July 2016 to also benefit from $200 worth of Disney Spending Money and Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket for the price of a 7-day ticket.

Everyone on your booking dines for free during their entire stay when you book a Disney Moderate-, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort Hotel and Ticket package for a minimum of 5 nights.

Breakfast at Values
QSDP at Mods
DDP at Deluxe

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/deals/2017-free-dine-packages/032/

We trying to find a week that works for 16 people. It's looking like the week around the marathon in January is going to work for most. How does the marathon affect the crowds?

I have a code but it's only good up until December so I'm really hoping for one for January!

Thank you for mentioning the marathon! I never go in January but planning my niece's trip for that w/e and was not aware how big it is!
I checked out the routes and which parks are affected.
Now my questions:
1. Do the racer's routes close streets to the extent that they disrupt bus transportation to the parks?
2. Do the racers tend to stay in the park where the marathon ends? Making that the most crowded park on that day?
3. Do the other parks tend to be low attendance because people tend to stay away that w/e if not in the marathon?

Thank you for any help!

We went last year during Marathon Weekend and will be going again in 2017 during it.
I did not find the crowds bad at all, it seemed like most of the racers either didn't do the parks, or spread out so much throughout the 4 that it was not an issue at all.
Transportation was delayed a little bit in the early morning. But if you jut plan for the delay it will not be a problem.

Now my questions:
1. Do the racer's routes close streets to the extent that they disrupt bus transportation to the parks?
2. Do the racers tend to stay in the park where the marathon ends? Making that the most crowded park on that day?
3. Do the other parks tend to be low attendance because people tend to stay away that w/e if not in the marathon?

Thank you for any help!

Marathon weekend is a special animal, as it's 4 races over 4 days (5k Thursday, 10k Friday, Half Saturday, Full Sunday). I haven't been to this particular weekend (doing it next year) but from my experience at other races:

1. Not really for the 5k and 10k. The half will have some closures. The full will definitely disrupt traffic, especially in the second half of the course, as the course is open until midday or so. Rope drop may be challenging.
2) Nope. I mean, I'm sure there are some people that don't mind staying in their workout clothes after running 3, 6, 13 or 26 miles...but I'm definitely not one of them. I shower, maybe nap and eat, and then go to the parks. I will say that many like to go to MK after the races, though, so they can get pictures with all their medals near the castle and entrances, etc. I think that one is probably the busiest after a race. Epcot may be a close second because of the food and drinks.
3) Not really. Remember that it's not only racers, but their families as well. Not to mention that the weekend is the beginning of the off season, so prices are much lower than during the holidays. Also, that is also a LOT of people's winter breaks still, so that's likely to bump up the numbers this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter