Cocktails?

Here are some of my faves:

- Margarita flight from La Cava or La Hacienda - this is great to try some of each of the margaritas although I'll list my favorites next...
- Rosita Margarita from La hacienda - I WISH La Cava served this one up! It is tart and has rose petals in it and is pink :cheer2:
- Avocado Margarita at La Cava - I know it sounds weird but it has a soothing melon taste and it is frozen (only frozen one they suggest frozen at this place). A great drink to cool you down from the heat and to drink slowly (if that's what you want!)
- Pineapple or Pomegrante Margarita at La Cava - OH YUM!!!
- Did I mention the La Cava margaritas??? :upsidedow
- Bacardi frozen mojito at Epcot's refreshment port - tastes like a mojito and really good considering it is from a machine at a kiosk
- Grey Goose Slushie at France
- Champagne at the France wine store
- Red Stag Frozen Lemonade at Fife and Drum
- Beer from Germany
- Ice Wine Martini at Le Cellier
- Island Sunset at Tambu Lounge
- Poolside Lemonade and Caribbean Limeade at most resort/pool bars (these are light and refreshing and don't fill you up)
- Chimay Belgian ale at Victoria and Alberts (along with all the wine pairings)
- Blood Mary at Mizner's GF
- Sake inside at the sake bar at Mitsukoshi department store (the nice ladies will even give you a souvenir sake cup and write your name in japanese - love it!)
- Italian red wine at La Trattoria

Ok, these are just a FEW - there are so many yummy drinks out there!!

Oooo! What is a lapu-lapu?

Lapu Lapu is a fruity fru fru drink that is only available at the Poly. Apparently its yummy, but since I don't drink sweet stuff I can't tell you for sure what it tastes like.

I'm big on fru fru drinks ;) but I would not say that a lapu lapu is fru fru! It is really strong! It is a mai-tai like cocktail in a pineapple but with a serious kick (151 rum). Many fans bring a spork to scoop out the pineapple after the drink is gone because it tastes really good all soaked in the alcohol. It is so potent that DH and I SHARE one - that's saying something because we are from a high altitude and drinking at sea level is 'easy' for us!! :rotfl2:

where is the bluezoo sounds like a fun place to visit?

Bluezoo is in the Dolphin. If you walk into the Dolphin from the Boardwalk, it is immediately on your right. Fun, unique restaurant with yummy drinks and appetizers. Although I have not gotten the fun bartenders I've heard mentioned in this thread!

I tippled at The Wave this past trip, and it was really good. Friendly bartenders and good conversation as well. I think a lot of the bars at the "deluxe" resorts may have a similar menu. I'd recommend the Habanero Lime Margarita if that's your thing. I almost exclusively have margaritas on vacation only, and theirs are quite good.

My brother and I have also had a beer at Kimonos Lounge at the Swan, and it's a good place for a more "professional" atmosphere if you want to take a break from "Disney magic" for a few minutes.

For fun bartenders, I had more luck at the Cabana than at BlueZoo. At BZ, we always commandeer a booth tho, because we like to nosh.

When DH and I go on adult only trips, we like to go to the Hole in the Wall outside Ragland Road at DTD. They have happy hour every evening with beer and drink specials and there are always interesting people to talk to!

Surprised no one has mentioned jellyrolls on the boardwalk. There it's more about the entertainment than the drinks but a great adult night out. Makes you wish pleasure island was still around.

Surprised no one has mentioned jellyrolls on the boardwalk. There it's more about the entertainment than the drinks but a great adult night out. Makes you wish pleasure island was still around.

We loved Jellyrolls, but after trying the big red cup and the wine there, we decided that the only safe thing to do was to order something in a bottle. We went with Strongbow cider, which was a very wise decision.

There are plenty of places to enjoy adult beverages in the world. We love the wine bar in Italy and La Cava inside Mexico, try the cucumber margarita, it really is my favorite. DBF might argue, he discovered the Grand Marnier slushie with the extra shot of Grand Marnier to be his favorite.

Try the tequila sampler at the bar inside the EPCOT Mexico pavilion La Cava del Tequila.

I have looked for this place the past couple of times I've visited and this is the first post that made me realize that it is INSIDE the pavillion!!!! :thanks:

Another vote for a Lapu Lapu at the Poly. Make sure you get it in the pineapple and bring a spork with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter