Cockroaches in Hotels

I don't remember ever seeing a roach in our room in 10 trips. We've had other problems like severe mold right before the remodel at Coronado, or a spearmint bomb going off in our room shortly before check-in at OKW, but no bugs so far. We don't visit in summer, maybe that helps our chances?

Same. We have stayed Value 3 times, Moderate 1 time, and Deluxe 4 times. We have never seen a cockroach or palmetto bug. The only time I have seen them is in the inner city school I teach in up north.
If you are talking about north of the Mason Dixon line, you didn't see palmetto bugs. You saw a German roach.

My family goes to Disney one or twice a year and have been for years....We've never seen a roach in any room with the EXCEPTION of the Pop Century. We primarily stay at the Deluxes with an occasional stay at Port Orleans. My friend and I, along w our kids were looking for a budget friendly last minute trip for Pres Day weekend. The Pop was the only one w availability. We were both on the top floor and BOTH of us saw roaches in our room within the first couple hours of checking in. My friend's son had two roaches crawl into his sneaker on the floor. We wound up asking to be moved to a different hotel. Never again will I ever step foot in there. If money was an issue, I'd wait it out before going back there.

I always ask for a ground floor room and have never had a roach in my room. I think that they look for more quiet areas and the first floor gets way more foot traffic. I can see them seeking the higher floors to get away from the "traffic".

We just go back from Pop and no bugs in our room - with 3 kids and the amount of trash they produced if we didn't have bugs there's no way you will.

Never saw one in our room at Any of the resorts at any level of stay with many many visits of varying lengths. Luck? who knows, I’d suggest a higher floor as well and Ck for bedbugs before bringing ur luggage in.

We always stay at ground level and have never had a bug of any kind in our room. we've been going to disney since l978 and stayed at CS, POR, and POFQ. Maybe we just got lucky, or our eyesight got worse, LOL.

Maybe with the rooms being empty for so long, bugs have moved into some of them. They probably need to do a pest control of all the rooms. At least go in and take a really good look around. I really don't think it matters what floor you are on since bugs can climb. I think it is more that the room has been unoccupied.

The most important thing would be interior corridors.....

And though people say bugs can climb and fly so higher floors wouldn’t help, they don’t technically want to be in your way, but the ground is filled with dirt and plants and grass that they can hang out in.....so that’s way more likely than them scurrying out of your way on the 3rd floor walkway into.....the air.....

We were at Pop! a week back in September. No roaches, but tons of the little worms that seek water. Not scary, but irritating and we ended up dealing with probably a dozen over the week.

I have seen roaches in Pop! and the other values before, though. I live in Florida and they are a hazard of the location. As others have suggested, upper floors and keep any and all food covered or in the fridge.

I very much sympathize with OP as I have the same phobia. When we travel to FL I let the hotel know ahead of time that I would like a deep cleaning. I check the room before bringing in our bags, don't let any food in our room, never get a room with outside balcony doors, always choose a hotel with inside corridors, close all drains when not in use, and then basically check room every day while we're there. It gets so that I know any and every mark already in the room. My DH always says that if there is a bug somewhere I will find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter