Cobbler

Sorry I haven't had a chance to put up my crust recipe...I haven't been home and with access to a computer. I am so sleepy right now. I am glad I get 2 whole days off...at least that's the plan so far...they could always call me in on my day off. Ugg. As I am trying to lose weight I will not be making any kind of cobbler or pie until fathers day which is only about a month away. Hope you all are having fun baking.

Sarah

PS the cake in the mug sound delish!

Okay, here's my grandma's recipe for apple cobbler or rubbarb cobbler. It's a crumble one, not a crust one but it's really easy and it uses fresh fruit!

4 cups sliced apples (4-6 med. apples)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar (use more or less depending on how tart the apples are and how sweet you like it)

Mix apples, lemon juice and sugar together in a bowl. Put mixture in greased shallow baking dish.

** for rhubarb cut up 4 cups of rhubarb into 1 inch pieces and mix in a bowl with 2/3 cup sugar **

Topping:
1/3 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup melted margarine

Mix topping ingredients together until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over top of apples (or rhubarb) and bake at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.

Oh and I'm going to have to try that chocolate cake in a mug. That sounds yummy!

It sounds divine, yummm.:thumbsup2
Thank you so much Lavender Peach!

I made these today and they were delish! :)

Lemon Squares

1 Lemon Cake Mix
1 egg
3 T veg oil.
Mix above with fork until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup.
Press rest of mixture into square baking pan. Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat well 8 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar and juice of 2 lemons. Pour mixture on top of baked dish and sprinkle reserved batter on top of cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Chill before serving.

Today I made three different batches, each with a different fruit pressed into the cheese mixture before serving. I did blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. I think the raspberries were the best.

I made these today and they were delish! :)

Lemon Squares

1 Lemon Cake Mix
1 egg
3 T veg oil.
Mix above with fork until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup.
Press rest of mixture into square baking pan. Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat well 8 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar and juice of 2 lemons. Pour mixture on top of baked dish and sprinkle reserved batter on top of cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Chill before serving.

Today I made three different batches, each with a different fruit pressed into the cheese mixture before serving. I did blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. I think the raspberries were the best.

Those sound to die for. I love me a good lemon bar. Thanks!

Billy Fan,

That sounds wonderful!!! I want to do the lemon and strawberry one. Did you use fresh strawberries, raspb, etc or can fruit? Did you use lemon cake for all of them? I was wondering if a chocolate cake with the strawberry would work. Can you tell I love chocolate?! :worship:

Haven't read through all the replies but this is my all time favorite dessert and just made it a couple days ago!

1/2 cup melted butter
1 can (16oz) canned peach slices, undrained
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat over to 400F

Melt butter in a microwavable dish; pour in to 13x9 baking pan; spread into each corner. Spread peaches with juice evenly on top of butter; set aside.

Thoroughly combine sugar, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Stir in milk and vanilla. Spread mixture on top of peaches and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Side note: When I have them fresh or frozen, I usually add 1 cup of blueberries with the peaches

This tastes so yummy!

Billy Fan,

That sounds wonderful!!! I want to do the lemon and strawberry one. Did you use fresh strawberries, raspb, etc or can fruit? Did you use lemon cake for all of them? I was wondering if a chocolate cake with the strawberry would work. Can you tell I love chocolate?! :worship:

I used fresh fruit and lemon cake for all. I think chocolate cake with strawberries would be awesome, and I think I may just steal your idea! If you do it that way, I would just omit the lemon juice in the filling and maybe you a bit of vanilla.

Billy Fan,

I used fresh fruit and lemon cake for all. I think chocolate cake with strawberries would be awesome, and I think I may just steal your idea! If you do it that way, I would just omit the lemon juice in the filling and maybe you a bit of vanilla.

Mmmmm....... I like the chocolate cake idea too! That sounds like it would be really good. I'm not much of a fan of fruity desserts (dare I post that on a thread about cobblers? :scared:) but chocolate....now that catches my attention! If anyone tries the chocolate version let us know how it went!

I think chocolate cake with strawberries would be awesome, and I think I may just steal your idea! If you do it that way, I would just omit the lemon juice in the filling and maybe you a bit of vanilla.
Steal away! I was thinking the same thing about the vanilla instead of lemon. Maybe I will try it this weekend! Will let you know how it turns out Lavendar.

I know I'm a little slow, I just saw this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents.
2 cans Pie filling.
mix 1 cake mix (I use Yellow) with 1 softened cube of butter.
Spread on top of filling.
I don't cook, but this is so easy how can I pass it up. The neighbors love it!
I've made a cherry cobbler, & a Peach Cobbler before. Hope it's not to late.:thumbsup2

This is all very similar to mine, but we use rhubarb and whatever other fruit we want...

In a 13 X 9 pan spread rhubarb and fruit of choice to cover bottom. Spinkle on a package of powdered jello...flavor of choice. Spread 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar or sugar substitute over top and then put 1/2 box yellow cake mix over top of that. Drizzle on 1 cube margarine or 1/2 -1 cup water. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Anyway, I usually substitue the sugar and the butter to make it a little better for the waistline, but either way is yummy...my fave is with raspberries but you can use anything, peaches, plums, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, you name it...don't know how it would do with apples though...I have never tried it.

Sarah

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to try this recipe using sliced peaches and pears.

I think it will be fine! I had a whole bag of pears & apples that have gone uneaten. I've put it together just now. I made it a little different from your recipe, because I wanted some crunch. I put the fruit on the bottom, then in a bowl I chopped pecans and cranraisins together, then I added about 1/4 c. of brown sugar and about 1/4 cup of water. Blended them and topped the fruit with it.

Then I put a box of vanilla flavored Jello over that. I went a little crazy on the crunch factor. :upsidedow I added some granola on top of that. It has dried raspberries, coconut, strawberries and almonds in it.

Lastly I put the cake mix on top of all of that and put some lite margarine pats here and there on top. Not too much different than your recipe, Sarah. :) I'll let you know how it turns out!

I have made the basic dump caken described in other posts (dry cake mix over pie filling and butter drizzled on top). I mix up the cake flavors with different pie fillings. Cherry pie filling with devil food cake mix is good. Spice cake mix with apple or peaches is another favorite. Blueberry and strawberry works well with white, yellow or butter cake mixes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter