CNN link - Pete sends his mom to Disney World

Behind the scenes is where I found the most courageous and unsung heroes of all; this is where my gratitude heart lies. As a former C-level employee/resource, I have many years of experience to lift-up those up that truly serve WITHOUT recognition.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know where I'd place my chips in a poker tournament given dedication/support/passion. I no longer "need" to concede to corporate mandates and am blessed to use my insight to inspire others to be.....
Support staff mantra
"Even the heaviest, biggest, most elaborate statues depend on a strong, solid foundation".

Looks like Steve and Deni and maybe Kathy were at the airport too. Was there a Dis event somewhere this week?

Looks like Steve and Deni and maybe Kathy were at the airport too. Was there a Dis event somewhere this week?
I thought maybe they were all the Official Greeting Committee at the airport for Pete coming back from his Alaska cruise? (But I could be sadly mistaken!) :) I saw Deni and Steve, didn't notice Kathy.

It also would have added some gravitas to the interview knowing the person speaking wasn't just some random person the crew happened to encounter at the airport. It was a travel industry professional, somebody who knows of what he speaks.

I could see it going the other way, that it would lead people to think he was just trying to "sell". :confused3

Congratulations to Pete and the Team. Extremely helpful, straight to the point and timely information that will help many visitors and Orlando residents. Pete and his employees are small business people who work their backsides off to deliver free quality content to all. I am in awe of their hard work, well earned success and philanthropy. Give Kids the World being one prominent example. When a CNN producer contacts you, and gives you a narrow time window to be interviewed in the face of an incoming hurricane, and you drop everything including personal, home, family and business commitments to do that interview, good on you to deliver in a professional yet personable and responsible way. That information may well help thousands. If the DIS gets a good dose of PR and name recognition then wonderful for them. Well deserved and hard earned. Pete and the DIS answered the call, got great helpful info out, and should be congratulated. I'm proud of them. So are most DIS'rs.

LOL It just *keeps* popping up, every time I open CNN or Apple News... There's our Pete! We literally threw it on to the Apple TV, and we all sat there and cheered him on!

I fully agree with him - if you have to ride out a hurricane, there is no better place in the world! (She said, putting on her "I survived Hurricane Gaston at DisneyWorld" shirt)

I'm just wondering where they were all going. I haven't listened to the podcast this week, so not sure if they mentioned it?

I could see it going the other way, that it would lead people to think he was just trying to "sell". :confused3
I thought about that but personally, I'd much rather have the news interview people who know what they're talking about instead of random "person on the street" sort of interviews where much of the time I know more about the topic at hand than they do. And the Orlando news routinely brings local "experts" in to discuss area happenings. I remember Jeni Lynn used to be on from time to time to talk about theme park news.

Pete was even on the Dutch news today! :p I was talking to one of my co-workers about Dorian and, knowing how much I love WDW, she mentioned that someone was interviewed who booked a room for his mother at WDW because of how safe it is. I knew that could only be one person!

For those interested, you can watch it here: https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/video/uitzendingen/video/4834036/rtl-nieuws-0700-uur.

I was lucky enough to bump into Pete, Ryno and Deni at MCO just a few moments after the interview. For those curious about what the DIS was doing there, Pete explained to me that the airport was simply a convenient meeting place for themselves and the CNN crew. They were very friendly and glad to take the attached photo.

Funny enough, I also met Ryno, Craig and Steve at the Galaxy's Edge opening the day prior, so this was an extra fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!