CM trade out new pins?

Minnie222

DIS Veteran
My friend is at the park this week, and she encountered a CM that trade out new Disney Marathon pins (with backs)!!

Does it happen often?
Because I haven't seen this happen before.

I haven’t seen this myself in the parks, but it does happen on the cruise line. I would guess it’s very difficult to sell pins that were part of a particular event that has passed. So, Disney sometimes put those pins on CM lanyards. For example, on the Disney Wonder, you can sometimes find pins from the cruises to Alaska in the fall and winter after the summer season. So, perhaps there were leftover pins from the marathon that didn’t sell, and so this is how Disney is choosing to get rid of them.

My friend is at the park this week, and she encountered a CM that trade out new Disney Marathon pins (with backs)!!

Does it happen often?
Because I haven't seen this happen before.

This happened to us when they were training a new cm to do trading. The cm came out with a new pack. We got three of them very fun!

I haven’t seen this myself in the parks, but it does happen on the cruise line. I would guess it’s very difficult to sell pins that were part of a particular event that has passed. So, Disney sometimes put those pins on CM lanyards. For example, on the Disney Wonder, you can sometimes find pins from the cruises to Alaska in the fall and winter after the summer season. So, perhaps there were leftover pins from the marathon that didn’t sell, and so this is how Disney is choosing to get rid of them.

We were on the Disney Cruise Dream last week. They had Star Wars cruise pins at a discount. Different designs were 3.99-4.99. A pretty good deal.

The Disney outlet will have pins from previous run events. I have traded with a cast before and picked the run event pin, both star wars & character pins. I would think that a cast member probably received the pin in trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter