Club level

westie55

DIS Veteran
To those who have stayed club level, did you find that you could make meals out of the food available for breakfast and possibly lunch? Also, this may be a silly question, but can you take beer out of the lounge or do you have to drink it sitting in the lounge? Looking for feedback in general on club level, WL in particular.

Most people think there’s plenty for breakfast. Breakfast at most resorts is pastry, fruit, bagels, cold hard boiled or deviled eggs & usually a cold meat… turkey, ham etc. Some resorts were doing Mickey waffles or omelets before the close down, but not all.

Resorts were very different on afternoon offerings. Some had lunch type foods like soups or lunch meats. Some had only crudite & cookies.

You can take any food or beverage out of the lounge. Nothing needs to be consumed there.

This is the CL thread. You can get much more specific info on WL there. This link will work even tho it looks like it’s loading.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/unread

To those who have stayed club level, did you find that you could make meals out of the food available for breakfast and possibly lunch? Also, this may be a silly question, but can you take beer out of the lounge or do you have to drink it sitting in the lounge? Looking for feedback in general on club level, WL in particular.
Yes. Breakfast definitely is a meal. Lunch can be a meal if you're okay with a light lunch.

Between all of the offerings available at all the different times (breakfast, morning snack, the wine and cheese hour, appetizer time, dessert, etc., ) we basically buy 1 take out meal (usually QS) and buy snacks we want out and about. More food filling options are available closer to evening like the appetizers, but theres good grazing items throughout the day. You will not go hungry, but youll most likely supplement a real meal and then try whatever snacks you want at the parks. If you've seen something out one day but want one later when you don't it never hurts to ask if they have any =they will go get you it if they can. Also, we have requested alcohol when it technically wasnt' out yet, and they get it for you. If it is closed at the moment (switchovers) - they will get you what you need also. The 2 CL;s we stayed at were wonderful -- AKL and WL. Enjoy!!! Try all of the new little strange offerings they put out too, they are usually from a restaurant there, or something to do with the theme, like African wines at AKL or Wilderessy Draft beer on tap at WL.

Lunch can be a meal if you're okay with a light lunch.
theres good grazing items throughout the day.

Just pointing out that lunch options are very resort specific. Like I said above, some resorts had soup or cold meats out in the afternoon, which would certainly make a light lunch. However, other resorts have only crudite , cookies & chips in the afternoon. The only way you could make lunch at Yacht & Beach Clubs is if a few celery & carrot sticks is all you need for lunch. Grazing is about all you can do in the afternoon there.

Just pointing out that lunch options are very resort specific. Like I said above, some resorts had soup or cold meats out in the afternoon, which would certainly make a light lunch. However, other resorts have only crudite , cookies & chips in the afternoon. The only way you could make lunch at Yacht & Beach Clubs is if a few celery & carrot sticks is all you need for lunch. Grazing is about all you can do in the afternoon there.

Agree. Same with the others. A lot of sampling of a lot of things, same kind of things each day, with some variety. I look at it more like snacks all over the place. Even the hot appetizer time are really that. However, if you like to eat a lot of small stuff, and it fills you a little, then if you are like me 1 meal and park snacks works. If you are a big eater and a 3 meals a day sort, then this is not intended to be that.
Definetly follow the CL thread and view some of the pics. We do love it however!!!! But where I can fill up on a yogurt , some crackers and cheese and some fruit, my husband may need a bit more.

And for ex at YC, the lunch snacks may be less than other CL lounges, but their 5-7pm snacks have tended to be more substantial, and served with larger plates. All of the lounges are different and we don't know how they will be when they reopen so best bet is to keep watching for reviews on the specific lounges you are interested in. GF RPC had the most 'all day' service, with breakfast, lunch (soup, cheese, crudite, etc), afternoon tea (scones), and 5-7pm apps.

I mean, you *can* make a meal out of anything, right? And yes, it's handy to have the Club Level offerings at any time of day for those occasions when you are rushed or can't make a meal elsewhere for whatever reason. But if you're asking if it's a meal replacement plan for daily use, I would say not. For breakfast maybe that could work, but not a daily substantial meal alternative for lunch and dinner for a week's stay. Although you will definitely see some guests try(!) And it can get annoying when they take an entire offering of something as their dinner, leaving all other guests with an empty platter and having to wait. I haven't been in Covid though...so not sure how it's working right now (maybe no platters, because that is buffet-like).

We absolutely love WL CL! We could easily make breakfast work for us (fruit, cereal, pastries, etc.). We always did ADRs in the parks for lunch, because we needed the AC mainly before heading back to the resort for afternoon pool time or naps. We would always hit the dinner food offerings, which were just enough for us before going back out to the parks in the evening. If we later decided we were hungry, we'd get snacks in the parks but usually we didn't need it. We're not big eaters, so CL worked great for us. They used to put their cobbler or magic cookie bars out in the evening too. One evening when we were lamenting that we'd miss the cookies because we'd probably be late and the CM offered to put them in our room for us! As I said, we love WL CL! :)

We did club level at AKL in 2012 and it worked out for breakfast. We only did CL to do the Sunrise Safari (Well worth the extra cost)At the time the proce dofference was about $100 a night for the room. IMHO, for the food and drink offerings a lone the price was not worth it. We never went back to the resort during the day just for food. Too much time involved for that.

We could make a meal out of any of the offerings, however we weren't at the resort much. DH and I stayed concierge at GF a few years ago. While we enjoyed the breakfast/snacks, etc., we found we really were not at the resort enough to make it worth while.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread lol

I'm just wondering if there's a page I can find what you get with club level i.e. meals, alcohol, etc. I've been searching the Disney page, but can't find it.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread lol

I'm just wondering if there's a page I can find what you get with club level i.e. meals, alcohol, etc. I've been searching the Disney page, but can't find it.

The main CL thread is your best bet to ask questions: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/

But note, I would wait to see reports for how things are once some of the CLs start reopening later this year. They are all so different in terms of offerings, options, etc, and sometimes things change frequently - so it’s always a moving topic. It’s been a rather long time since any lounge has been open, hard to predict what things will be like now.

Historically, it we found CL food offerings quite ample to meet our needs for breakfast and a light dinner (WL has some DELICIOUS evening offerings!). As for lunch, I find the offerings a bit light everywhere except for RPC and Sugarloaf. As GADisneyDad14 mentions though, we don't really know what things will be like yet when things reopen. I'm crossing fingers and hoping things look like "Before Times" or better.

As regards Beer - you can take it out of the lounge back to your room (or anywhere)- but the cast members will open it first because of ABC laws and possible underage drinking. This is new as of (maybe) 4 years ago (I'm totally guessing there).

Also, I thought that WL had beer taps, with draft beer (not bottles). I thought that was something they were moving to in all the lounges (but then, COVID)

As regards Beer - you can take it out of the lounge back to your room (or anywhere)- but the cast members will open it first because of ABC laws and possible underage drinking. This is new as of (maybe) 4 years ago (I'm totally guessing there).

Also, I thought that WL had beer taps, with draft beer (not bottles). I thought that was something they were moving to in all the lounges (but then, COVID)

When we were there in 2018 summer they had both the taps and regular different kinds in the little fridge. Also, no one opened ours beers and my husband frequently grabbed 2 to bring back to the room

I have an upcoming GF Club and am hoping for the best. We like to stay YC or BC CL. Breakfast was fine, lunch was too light to make a meal out of and dinner was fine but it can get repetitive. The hot appetizers would change but the cheese plates and desserts didn't . You can take beer and wine out of the lounges.

Club food is in transition with Disney closing this level of service and slowly restarting it this year. As other have mentioned, each resort has its own unique offerings, based upon the resorts TS restaurants that provide some items. I would say expect less for more money, as Disney focuses on new customers with no reference to past offerings and rates. Do not go based upon past reviews/experiences. Alcoholic beverages are opened in the lounge as others mentioned they need to assure their aligned to drinking laws of Florida. We have seen drinks pulled from the line when made available for self-serve as people tried to take large amounts out of the lounge, but you are able to take 'served' drinks out of the lounge. They always have plastic glasses/cups to transfer your drink to help you on your way. I would also mention, that if you are there during the midday break that you can ask the CM to get you a drink, as they will not be on the line. Overall, you may consider how likely it will be that you will travel all the way back from a park to the Club Lounge or even the evening offering while still trying to complete your park plans, events or other items you have planned. In some cases, you may be better off not selecting club and having all that money in your pocket to provide special splurges across the parks with your family/group :drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter