Club 33 requested more info from me. Should I be excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will initially ask for the bio, then come the references, then an application, followed by interviews, then the dues ($50K initiation, $15K dues). Friends did the bio and references in October, and did their final interview last week, and have been told they will sign the contract in Feb.

Thanks for the info. Interviews in person or via phone? Dues via wire transfer/cashier's check, or can I put on my AmEx? Just curious.

They will initially ask for the bio, then come the references, then an application, followed by interviews, then the dues ($50K initiation, $15K dues). Friends did the bio and references in October, and did their final interview last week, and have been told they will sign the contract in Feb.

Thanks for the info. Interviews in person or via phone? Dues via wire transfer/cashier's check, or can I put on my AmEx? Just curious.

I know you can do the annual dues on CC but not sure about the initiation and first year fees.

Bah, Squirk, I want to PM you but I need 10 posts, lol. I had another account on here but couldn't figure out how to get back in, so I made a new one a couple days ago.

Bah, Squirk, I want to PM you but I need 10 posts, lol. I had another account on here but couldn't figure out how to get back in, so I made a new one a couple days ago.

I eagerly await your PM once you qualify. :teeth:

Good luck to you, squirk! What an amazing opportunity for you should it arise!

Thanks, all. It'd be exciting to get an invite. Wish I knew what they were looking for in my "personal bio". Not that I would lie or anything, but I'd be sure to emphasize the things I knew were of most interest to them.

Maybe just honesty. A heartfelt reason for wanting to join Club 33, a true expression of yourself. I think that always works best.

I just got the same thing last week. I sent in my first request in May 2014. This is probably normal at this time of year when a handful of members choose not to renew.

Keep in mind they are only offering platinum now and first year will cost over $50k. I've been fortunate to have access the last 8 years through a family friend and may never get a membership for myself, but at least I can try! And I have a member referral to help me. :)

I am curious...are there different levels of membership? Is "platinum" at $50k, the highest? And if so, what is the lowest and how much? And then, once you're in, are there yearly "dues"? I know nothing about this!

I am curious...are there different levels of membership? Is "platinum" at $50k, the highest? And if so, what is the lowest and how much? And then, once you're in, are there yearly "dues"? I know nothing about this!

My understanding is there used to be different levels, silver and gold for individuals and platinum geared toward corporate membership with accompanying tiers in pricing. They eliminated silver awhile ago and are gradually getting rid of gold by jacking member rates. For example, my friend's dues went up about 25% this year from last. She's still well below what they're charging for platinum (I've heard different numbers for PL dues, but let's say it's anywhere between $14-17k) but eventually they will bump her fees up to that level and in essence do away with gold.

The first year amount I quoted includes a $40k initiation fee. Then you pay annual dues thereafter. When my friend joined 14 years ago, she paid about $14k.

That doesn't even count what you'll spend to dine at the Club, lol. Meals run $70-80 pp at lunch, not including drinks and tip, and higher for dinner. We spent $800 for 4 people at our last dinner a few months ago.

Prior to 2012, there was Silver, Gold, and Corporate. In 2012, the only levels available were Platinum or Executive. Silver/Gold/Corporate were grandfathered, and members at those levels were allowed to upgrade without paying a new initiation fee. Currently, the only options are Platinum, Executive, or Executive Platinum. A new Platinum member is $50K for initiation, and $15K for the first years dues. Executives are $80K, plus $17K for Executive member, plus somewhere in the neighborhood of $8K for additional affiliates. I don't know the $$ for Executive Platinum, but know it is much more. Gold dues jumped frmo $4300 last year to $5500 this year.

Prior to 2012, there was Silver, Gold, and Corporate. In 2012, the only levels available were Platinum or Executive. Silver/Gold/Corporate were grandfathered, and members at those levels were allowed to upgrade without paying a new initiation fee. Currently, the only options are Platinum, Executive, or Executive Platinum. A new Platinum member is $50K for initiation, and $15K for the first years dues. Executives are $80K, plus $17K for Executive member, plus somewhere in the neighborhood of $8K for additional affiliates. I don't know the $$ for Executive Platinum, but know it is much more. Gold dues jumped frmo $4300 last year to $5500 this year.

Thanks for the details. So I amend my statement...$65k for the first year! Good times....

What in the world does one get for the "privilege" of paying these fees? o_O

Off hand the privilege of being able to visit the Court of Angels again or to begin with. In addition, say you are a member of an exclusive dining club. Pay for what has been described by many as a reasonably decent meal. And you may have wine too.

What in the world does one get for the "privilege" of paying these fees? o_O
4 Premier annual passes, 50 1-day park hoppers to be used for friends and family, use of lounges in both parks, 5- 8 hour VIP tours, concierge service, access to VIP areas for night time shows, fastpasses, access to special events through out the year (examples - tours of Walt's Apartment, dream suite, the Circle D ranch, helping with Disney Rose Bowl float, wine dinners with Gogi wine makers, Silverado winery, imagineers, parties after hours with rides open, etc....)

4 Premier annual passes, 50 1-day park hoppers to be used for friends and family, use of lounges in both parks, 5- 8 hour VIP tours, concierge service, access to VIP areas for night time shows, fastpasses, access to special events through out the year (examples - tours of Walt's Apartment, dream suite, the Circle D ranch, helping with Disney Rose Bowl float, wine dinners with Gogi wine makers, Silverado winery, imagineers, parties after hours with rides open, etc....)

Meh...I mean if it had more value I'd think about ponying up but I ant find anything of value in that.

I guess to say I'm a club 33 member would be cool but no value found for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter