Club 33 requested more info from me. Should I be excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I put in my application for Club 33 a ways back, and promptly put it out of my mind, figuring it would be years before I got an invitation to join, if ever.

Well, it's been a few years now, and I just received an email from them asking for a short bio on me, my family and why I want to join. I am wondering if this is just routine information-gathering, or if I am now in serious contention of getting an invite (assuming they like what they see on my bio and personal statement).

Was hoping Club 33 members and candidates could chime in on what this means. If a bunch of members say that they got an invite shortly after submitting this information, I'd be pretty excited. If a bunch of folks say they sent in the info but never heard back again, then I'd chalk this up to the aforementioned "routine information-gathering".

Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I would say it sounds promising! I put in an application the last time it opened up--a few years ago, I think--and I've never heard a word. I'm hoping I don't hear for a while because there's no way I could do it now, but thought maybe by the time my name came up I'd have my kids out of college :D

I would say it sounds promising! I put in an application the last time it opened up--a few years ago, I think--and I've never heard a word. I'm hoping I don't hear for a while because there's no way I could do it now, but thought maybe by the time my name came up I'd have my kids out of college :D

Play powerball!

That's cool whatever the outcome! Where does one hear about applications even being accepted and such?

Club 33 threw open the doors in 2012, essentially anyone willing to pay could join. Unfortunately a few "bad apples" joined, resulting in many rules changes (creating some negative press). There is no longer a "waiting list" but rather something best described as an "interest list". This allows a more in depth evaluation of potential members.
...I just received an email from them asking for a short bio on me, my family and why I want to join. I am wondering if this is just routine information-gathering, or if I am now in serious contention of getting an invite...
Assume this is your opportunity to put yourself in "serious contention" for membership.

Now you have to figure out how to make yourself sound impressive enough to actually be selected! :D

Good luck!!

I got an email also from Club 33 !
Received this week.
I had requested information from them as to joining over 8 years ago.
They requested documents from me also. I was planning on sending in my "Documents" as soon as my winning Powerball Jackpot numbers were drawn. Sadly, my numbers were not drawn (yet) so I'll have to wait on submitting my documents.
Good luck if you're submitting an application.
I'm heading to DLR for Dapper Days this spring and will atleast stroll past Club 33 and celebrate my 65th birthday at the Blue Bayou.
Sooooo, close to Club 33 .......
In the meantime I'm back to networking to get an "invite" to dine just once.
And will head out and buy another potentially "winning" lottery ticket.

Good luck and Pixie Dust if you're submitting your information !

Thanks, all. It'd be exciting to get an invite. Wish I knew what they were looking for in my "personal bio". Not that I would lie or anything, but I'd be sure to emphasize the things I knew were of most interest to them.

I just got the same thing last week. I sent in my first request in May 2014. This is probably normal at this time of year when a handful of members choose not to renew.

Keep in mind they are only offering platinum now and first year will cost over $50k. I've been fortunate to have access the last 8 years through a family friend and may never get a membership for myself, but at least I can try! And I have a member referral to help me. :)

I just got the same thing last week. I sent in my first request in May 2014. This is probably normal at this time of year when a handful of members choose not to renew.

Yes, that was what I was afraid was happening - just some routine verification of information, nothing to get excited about.

I guess we will see. Sadly, I do not (think I) know an existing member to give me a referral.

I'll still be dreaming of dining there some day.......
Faith, Trust and a little bit of Pixie Dust might help.
Won't hurt anyway.

:tinker:Perhaps a dream, but remember, dreams come true........

Last edited:
Good luck, Squirk. I'm going to send my paperwork in soon and hope they're truly evaluating based on candidate qualities, not just whether they have deep pockets.

Oh and you should absolutely be excited! Hopefully it's one step closer in the process, albeit a very sloooow process. I was on cloud 9 when I got my email, ha!

....Keep in mind they are only offering platinum now and first year will cost over $50k.
Unless I am mistaken, the deep pockets are a requirement regardless of a candidate's other qualities.
Certainly true. The 50k initiation fee should be enough to to qualify as "deep pockets", but the club also likely wants to make sure new members can easily afford to pay (and not fund membership with credit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter