• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

clothes for photoshoot

Ideally, we'd like to do WL in December and I was hoping to have the kids in their holiday outfits (thinking Christmas Card Photo :) ), they are plaid though- will that be ok if DH and I stay solid? and they are red too... :goodvibes

How do you think all pastels would work, say tan/khaki bottoms and a pale pink shirt for mom, pale yellow and mint green for boys and pale blue for dad... How do you think that would work?:)

They would all be in the same tonal range, so they would work fine. It's when you have someone who is completely darker or lighter...it totally stands out.

Ideally, we'd like to do WL in December and I was hoping to have the kids in their holiday outfits (thinking Christmas Card Photo :) ), they are plaid though- will that be ok if DH and I stay solid? and they are red too... :goodvibes

Honestly, I think holidays are a good time to break the rules, and with little ones, I think that plaid will be fine. I would keep the two adults away from the plaid though :)

My DD picked lime green (she is 4.5 years old, so she does not know about DIS) Disney shirts for us and I am debating if the 4 of us want to wear them for the pictures or if we should put the kids in lime green and the grown ups will wear white.

My DD picked lime green (she is 4.5 years old, so she does not know about DIS) Disney shirts for us and I am debating if the 4 of us want to wear them for the pictures or if we should put the kids in lime green and the grown ups will wear white.

Obviously it's your choice, but I don't know if I would have such a sharp contrast in clothing like that. White compared to the lime green. You will end up seeing the clothes instead of the people. Perhaps a tank under the lime green shirt and appease dd with a few shots with the lime then a t-shirt change?

How do you think all pastels would work, say tan/khaki bottoms and a pale pink shirt for mom, pale yellow and mint green for boys and pale blue for dad... How do you think that would work?:)

Not at Disney, but my neighbor just did this at a Jersey shore photo shoot and the pixs turned out beautiful!!!:)

We originally thought about all wearing black or navy tops and khaki shorts. However we had trouble finding tops in those colors for everyone in our group. So we ended up going with a brighter shade of pink for DD and I and DH and DS wore navy tops. We all wore khaki shorts. The colors looked wonderful in our pictures at the Grand Floridian. Very happy we chose the colors we did.

I'd definitely stay away from wearing whites, especially if having it done at the GF.

DH and I wore navy blue polos and khaki shorts and 7 month DS wore navy polo which had thin light blue and white stripes with khaki shorts - we wanted him to stand out a bit more and the pix turned out awesome - we did them at WL. I will post when I get my disc.

We did our shoot at the Poly and DS really wanted to wear a Hawaiian type shirt. Found one at Old Navy ... the only one, in his size on clearance for like $5. Then found the shirt I wore online at the Disney store on sale. I like how the pics turned out even though our shoot was in the rain!

image236.jpg

image280_00.jpg

image256_00.jpg

image248_00.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter