Closing Time!

Thank you! I went on a Googling rampage and came across othe disboards posts that also discussed this. Until everything is cleared, I will be keeping all signed documents at an easily accessible reach. Also emailed escrow officer to verify. They are a seasoned, albeit slow, company so hopefully they've got it under control. My initial thought was that we were on the hook for the additional money, which then immediately cued buyers remorse. I can go back to being excited now!
Same happened with me. Called Mason immediately. They said it is on the buyer and they will take care of it. That is if we ever get to close. They are still waiting for an appt at the US embassy. Waiting over a month now.

FINAL UPDATE:

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/
Offer made: 3/8/23
Offer accepted: 3/8/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/18/23
Passed ROFR: 3/24/23
Closing docs received: 3/29/23
Closing docs returned: 4/11/2023
Closing: 4/19/23
Deed recorded: 4/19/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 05/2/23
Points in account: 05/05/2023

Days Total: 58

I promise I tried to be patient, but I knew studio availability was slipping away for early August and I'm desperate to go see Happily Ever After in person and cry the whole way through it - so I chatted with member services on the website. Very friendly and helpful although he did initially quote 6-8 weeks as the transfer timeline for points, but apparently that timeline starts well before you get your new member emails. Still, it freaked me out momentarily!

My last (?) question for this lovely group: How do I add a Beach Club Villas panoramic image to my signature line on DisBoards? Is there an old thread that provides instructions? TIA!
You can find them here.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...reated-for-all-to-enjoy.3770739/post-63764147

I need a little help from my DIS friends while I wait for a reply from the title co., broker and lender.

I received my closing packet today (yay!) but I see notes that a few documents need to be notarized. From what I've read on here and on magicvacationtitle.com site, a buyer doesn't need to notarize docs. Is this different if I'm financing it?

They require two witnesses for the notary and I'm trying to figure out how I'll get them when we can't use anyone related.

UPDATE
Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker:
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 03/24
Offer accepted: 3/25
Sent to ROFR: 3/26
Passed ROFR: 4/04 (9 days)
Estoppel Issued: 4/04
Closing docs received: 5/05
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a little help from my DIS friends while I wait for a reply from the title co., broker and lender.

I received my closing packet today (yay!) but I see notes that a few documents need to be notarized. From what I've read on here and on magicvacationtitle.com site, a buyer doesn't need to notarize docs. Is this different if I'm financing it?

They require two witnesses for the notary and I'm trying to figure out how I'll get them when we can't use anyone related.

I think it could be because you are financing, but I could also be wrong lol. The only time I had to have my signature notarized was when I bought my AKV contract and I had financed. My other 2 I paid cash and just had to do an electronic signature.

I used Mason Title for all 3 so I don't think it's because of the title company you use.

I think it could be because you are financing, but I could also be wrong lol. The only time I had to have my signature notarized was when I bought my AKV contract and I had financed. My other 2 I paid cash and just had to do an electronic signature.

I used Mason Title for all 3 so I don't think it's because of the title company you use.
That's what I'm thinking too. I'm wondering if the notary can act as one of the witnesses...

We recently had documents notarized that required two witnesses in addition to the notary. We usually get our documents notarized at our local mailing & shipping agency, so we asked them whether there were times when they had two employees in addition to the notary on duty, and they did, so we had the documents notarized and witnessed there without any problems. We're in Texas, though, and I understand that notary laws are different in other states.

We recently had documents notarized that required two witnesses in addition to the notary. We usually get our documents notarized at our local mailing & shipping agency, so we asked them whether there were times when they had two employees in addition to the notary on duty, and they did, so we had the documents notarized and witnessed there without any problems. We're in Texas, though, and I understand that notary laws are different in other states.
thanks for sharing your experience! I emailed the lender and they said they are okay with the notary being one of the witnesses. I checked and both CA and FL are okay with the notary acting as one of the witnesses.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm wondering if the notary can act as one of the witnesses...
Many states (including California, Florida, and a quite a few others) allow the notary to also be a witness to the signature. Whenever I need witnesses, I go to the local UPS store but I call before hand to make sure I go when there is another employee in addition to the notary on duty. No additional charge.

Many states (including California, Florida, and a quite a few others) allow the notary to also be a witness to the signature. Whenever I need witnesses, I go to the local UPS store but I call before hand to make sure I go when there is another employee in addition to the notary on duty. No additional charge.
I second calling the UPS store because their online system will let you book notary appointments regardless of whether there is an actual notary working.

I called my local UPS and they said that the second witness had to be someone who knew you (which from everything I read is not true).

I called a mail center place nearby and they confirmed they had an additional employee who could be my second witness. In and out in 15 minutes :dogdance:

Now off to finish the paperwork and wire the funds!

I'm guessing between all the good direct deals and the new sale of VDH happening we have suddenly been relegated to the back of the pack. We recorded on April 19 and its crickets over here. I know it CAN take longer but I was eyeing all those lucky folks who got their email in 11-13 days and thinking this week was totally our week. 😓

UPDATE
Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 03/24
Offer accepted: 3/25
Sent to ROFR: 3/26
Passed ROFR: 4/04 (9 days)
Estoppel Issued: 4/04
Closing docs received: 5/05
Closing docs returned: 5/05 (buyer, funds wired 5/05)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Additional Update:

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: https://resales.*******.com/
Title Company: Hayes
Offer made: 4/4
Offer accepted: 4/4
Sent to ROFR: 4/4 (?)
Passed ROFR: 4/21
Closing docs received (buyer): 5/2
Closing docs returned (buyer): 5/2
Closing docs returned (seller): ?
Closing: 5/2
Deed recorded: 5/2
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 29
Who was your agent at Hayes? We (buyer and seller) signed contract on 5/3, and besides an email from Karen at Hayes saying my credit card was charged the deposit, I haven’t heard anything about it being sent to ROFR.

I'm guessing between all the good direct deals and the new sale of VDH happening we have suddenly been relegated to the back of the pack. We recorded on April 19 and its crickets over here. I know it CAN take longer but I was eyeing all those lucky folks who got their email in 11-13 days and thinking this week was totally our week. 😓

I’m hoping this isn’t the new normal. We closed on 5/2 and I was really hoping we would get account emails at the 13-14 day mark as most have recently.

Who was your agent at Hayes? We (buyer and seller) signed contract on 5/3, and besides an email from Karen at Hayes saying my credit card was charged the deposit, I haven’t heard anything about it being sent to ROFR.
I believe she is the only agent there. I know on mine there was a screw up on the deposit (the selling broker sent me a form that asked for the three-digit CVV number on the back of the card, even though I was using AmEx). I had to email Karen, who told me the broker had sent an old form with a typo, and she proceeded to send me the correct form. I asked if this had prevented the contract from going to ROFR and she said no, it had been sent regardless, but that notification typically comes from the broker, which it did.

Selling brokers typically notify buyers that contracts have been submitted to ROFR (they seem to like being the ones to send that good news), and even moreso when they pass, at least that has been my experience.

Last edited:
I’m hoping this isn’t the new normal. We closed on 5/2 and I was really hoping we would get account emails at the 13-14 day mark as most have recently.
Oh I doubt it's the new normal. I think we just happened to be at the tail end of the mega resale deal buying boom that perfectly coincided with VDH/magical beginnings/animal kingdom deal/etc. A few that recorded around the same time as us got their emails days ago. I think I'm just unlucky and didn't squeak through before the influx of direct buys. Once they deal with all of that I bet things return to normal.

I think so too.

We did go ahead with our plan to buy GFV, just went direct instead and that contact & pts were in account & used within 2 hrs

But for PVB resale closed on 4/25 and still impatiently waiting for it to show up in existing account, really only been 11 days so far …just seems longer.

In the meantime keep seeing room inventory for after Thanksgiving week going down..down..down.

facebook twitter