Closing Time!!

If I was sent to ROFR yesterday, is there a chance I get through and close to the point that I can upgrade my tickets for 11/14 to an sorcerer's AP? Hoping that whatever chaos that is allowing white cards to get the discount sticks around.

If I was sent to ROFR yesterday, is there a chance I get through and close to the point that I can upgrade my tickets for 11/14 to an sorcerer's AP? Hoping that whatever chaos that is allowing white cards to get the discount sticks around.

It is taking about 4 to 5 weeks for ROFR. Then, at least 4 to 5 weeks from closing until you have your contract and points. You have to add to that the time it takes to actual close. Depending on how fast your sellers get in their closing documents, that could add another few weeks.

So, I would say that it is highly unlikely you will even be able to try!

Final Update:
What a long road it has felt like!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/01/21
Offer accepted: 6/01/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/07/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel received: 7/1/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/9/21 with cashier's check.
Closing docs returned seller: 8/16/21(take two) 7/28/21 (take one).
Closing: 8/23/21
Deed recorded: 8/25/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/21/21
Points in account:9/21/21

113 days from offer to points :cheer2:

I did send an email to member admin on Monday 9/20 politely asking for an update, I received the canned response. I checked Tuesday morning and no contract, received a welcome home email at 3:45pm to which I immediately logged in to see my beautiful new contract with no points. I promptly called Member Services and despite some phone issues on Disney's end Bella was wonderful and got my points loaded. This process is definitely not for the impatient (such as myself).

Hi all! Thank you again for remembering that we ask that the link to all brokers, including the board sponsor be listed.

If you can’t get it to work, please just leave it blank. When just a name is posted, I have to delete your hard work, which is hate to do.

Finally get to join this thread (with correct formatting this time too :-) )!

Contract 1:
Home Resort: BWV
Offer made: 6/29/21
Offer accepted: 6/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/01/21
Passed ROFR: 7/26/21
Estoppel received: 8/02/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned buyer:
Closing docs returned seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

This one is a delayed closing, so I won't receive the closing docs until sometime late October according to the title company.

Total Days: 87 days and counting on apart of the delayed closing

Contract 2:
Home Resort: SSR
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 8/24/21
Offer accepted: 8/24/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/26/21
Passed ROFR: 9/23/21
Estoppel received: 9/23/21
Closing docs received: 9/23/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 9/23/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

It is nice now that Disney seems to always be sending the estoppel at the same time as the ROFR decision. Speeds things up a little.
Hoping this SSR contract can close quickly so I can start booking for 2022!

Total Days: 31 Days so far

Hi all! Thank you again for remembering that we ask that the link to all brokers, including the board sponsor be listed.

If you can’t get it to work, please just leave it blank. When just a name is posted, I have to delete your hard work, which is hate to do.
Oops, I’ll fix my entry.

Hopefully this is formatted correctly…

Home Resort: BCV
Offer made: 8/20/21
Offer accepted: 8/22/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/23/21
Passed ROFR: 9/22/21
Closing docs received: 9/22/21
Closing docs returned: 9/23/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): N/A
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home: BLT
Broker: www.********.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 7/7/21
Offer accepted: 7/8/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/9/21
Passed ROFR: 8/12/21
Estoppel Received: 8/12/21
Closing docs received: 8/12/21
Closing docs returned: 8/12/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/17/21
Funds Wired: 8/16/21
Closing: 8/23/21
Deed recorded: 8/24/21
Contract Showing on Membership (New): 9/22/21
Points in account: 9/23/21

End-to-End we were 78 days. We decided to call MS to get points loaded once we learned about some left over points we didn't know about and figured we could do an extra trip in this use-year. Big thanks to Lori/Mark at DVCSales and Cammy at Mason for moving our first resale along so smoothly!

Home: VGF
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 3/8/21
Offer accepted: 3/8/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/10/21
Passed ROFR: 3/31/21
Estoppel Received: 4/19/21
Closing docs received: 4/23/21
Closing docs returned: 4/23/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/19/21
Closing: 8/26/21
Deed recorded: 8/27/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/25/21
Points in account: 9/27/21

Finally done!!!!

Closing docs returned seller: 9/27/21
Closing: 9/29/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Days: 36 Days so far

Definitely been happy with the movement of this contract. From offer to closing it was just a little over a month. Seems like it's moved so fast for resale. Hoping I'll have my membership in 3-4 weeks.

Closing docs returned seller: 9/27/21
Closing: 9/29/21
Deed recorded: 9/30/21
Points in account:

Total Days: 37 Days so far

Now just time to wait for the emails!

Update. Closed today. 45 days and counting. Not too bad. I’m sure it’ll record in the next day or so, then just the wait for points to load.

Home Resort: BCV
Offer made: 8/20/21
Offer accepted: 8/22/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/23/21
Passed ROFR: 9/22/21
Closing docs received: 9/22/21
Closing docs returned: 9/23/21
Seller closing docs returned: 9/29/21
Buyer funds wired: 9/30/21
Closing: 10/4/21
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): N/A
Points in account:

Days Total:

This paragraph was in an email I received from the (blocked) resale company when I closed yesterday. I'm wondering if resale brokers are getting push back from Members Administration about owners calling?

"Disney will now begin the points transfer process, which normally takes around 5 weeks depending on how busy each of their departments are. You may read online that you can speed this process up by calling member administration, however we can assure you that Disney is not making exceptions and they process files as quickly as possible in the order they receive them. You should see communication coming from them in pieces, and once you see the new points in your Membership portal, you can begin booking even more magical stays!"

We all know that Disney IS making exceptions (unless something recently changed) because we read about them all the time.

This paragraph was in an email I received from the (blocked) resale company when I closed yesterday. I'm wondering if resale brokers are getting push back from Members Administration about owners calling?

"Disney will now begin the points transfer process, which normally takes around 5 weeks depending on how busy each of their departments are. You may read online that you can speed this process up by calling member administration, however we can assure you that Disney is not making exceptions and they process files as quickly as possible in the order they receive them. You should see communication coming from them in pieces, and once you see the new points in your Membership portal, you can begin booking even more magical stays!"

We all know that Disney IS making exceptions (unless something recently changed) because we read about them all the time.
I’ve only done resale once before, on my second time now. I thought the steps for existing DVC members were: closing, deed recording, contract number showing up, then points showing up. I know that some people have had luck calling MS after the contract number shows up to speed up points loading. But is there a way to speed up getting your contract in the system after the deed has been recorded?

On that topic, how long does it normally take for the deed to record on the OC Comptroller’s website. We closed on Monday, and still nothing on the site. Just patiently (impatiently?) waiting for the next clock to start. As Tiana says…”I’m almost there”

I’ve only done resale once before, on my second time now. I thought the steps for existing DVC members were: closing, deed recording, contract number showing up, then points showing up. I know that some people have had luck calling MS after the contract number shows up to speed up points loading. But is there a way to speed up getting your contract in the system after the deed has been recorded?

On that topic, how long does it normally take for the deed to record on the OC Comptroller’s website. We closed on Monday, and still nothing on the site. Just patiently (impatiently?) waiting for the next clock to start. As Tiana says…”I’m almost there”

Mine have shown up on comptroller site within 2 days. In terms of contract loading, it took 5 weeks in 2020 and 22 days this past August. I had emailed MA three times and it did not speed the process.

I was able to get Chat to load points the same day, so I did jump the line with that.

Ooo. My first time here.

Contract 1:
Home Resort: OKW
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 9/17/21
Offer accepted: 9/17/21
Sent to ROFR: 9/23/21
WAITING
Estoppel received:
Closing docs received:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Days:

Contract 2:
Home Resort: OKW
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 10/1/21
Offer accepted: 10/5/21
Sent to ROFR: 10/6/21
WAITING
Estoppel received:
Closing docs received:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I "closed" yesterday. I showed up in the Comptroller's site today.

I called when I closed back in May, 2021 and they loaded the points that day. I was just surprised that the resale company had that data in their notification email to me. I'm totally fine waiting 5 weeks, but if I can speed up the process by a few days after the contract shows up by calling, I absolutely will!

Quick update on the time it's taking member administration to load contracts after the deed has been recorded... It looks like they are catching back up after the delays that the July shutdown caused. Here are three data points:

Contract #1 - Deed recorded on 9/9 and took 24 days for membership ID to appear in my account
Contract #2 - Deed recorded on 9/14 and took 21 days for membership ID to appear in my account
Contract #3 - Deed recorded on 9/16 and took 20 days for membership ID to appear in my account

So what was taking 30 plus days in August and September is down to 20 days...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!