Closing Time!!

Someone above got theirs loaded in 8 days. I really think it's random and makes me wonder if it depends who grabs what stack of recorded deeds 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Home: AUL
Broker: http://oceanwind-hawaii.com
Title Company: First American Hawaii
Offer made: 3/15/2021
Offer accepted: 3/18/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/22/2021
Estoppel Received: 5/06/2021
Closing docs received: 06/25/2021
Closing docs returned: 07/01/2021
Funds wired: 06/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 07/12/2021 (international)
Closing: 08/04/2021?
Deed recorded: 08/05/2021
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Total days: 144 and counting

Home: BLT
Broker: www.dvcresalecompany.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/31/2021
Offer accepted: 4/1/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/5/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/4/2021
Estoppel Received: 5/20/2021
Closing docs received: 5/24/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/1/2021
Funds wired: 6/1/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/7/2021
Closing: 6/24/2021
Deed recorded: 7/2/2021
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

STILL DO NOT HAVE MY POINTS IN MY ACCOUNT.......I am SOOOO frustrated!

Update

Home: SSR
Broker:
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Seller
Offer made: 05/09/21
Offer accepted: 05/11/21
Sent to ROFR: 05/12/21
Passed ROFR: 06/01/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 06/15/21
Closing docs returned: 06/16/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 07/19/21
Closing: 07/21/21
Deed recorded: 07/22/21
Points in account:

18 Days since closing and still nothing from Disney...

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/19/21
Offer accepted: 6/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/21
Passed ROFR: 7/30/21
Closing docs received: 8/3/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/9/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update...

Closing: 8/10/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Was told that its at least 2 to 3 weeks now from the date they get the paperwork. Looking more like the 3 week timeline than 2.
One certainly hopes their business processes aren't used for the model of efficiency (or transparency)

I checked in via message option yesterday after getting super frustrated with no member number and they said they are further behind than usual. I'm like come on DVC we are all anxious and some of us are just wishing they would acknowledge the deed received and that it's in processing instead of nothing once it closes imo

Was told that its at least 2 to 3 weeks now from the date they get the paperwork. Looking more like the 3 week timeline than 2.

Oh nooooo...... I was already cutting it close when I "closed" on 7/26 (I have a vacation I'm paying cash for mid-September and was hoping to get a couple nights ANYWHERE DVC and save a little $$)....but I wasn't holding my breath given the timeline to get a member number and points.

After this whole botched closing/error on deed situation I feel like I will be lucky to see points by Jan 2022 :bored:Still no revised/signed/notarized closing docs returned by the sellers yet.....

To be fair though.... I read plenty on the forums before I made this decision and knew it would take a while!!! :sad:

I checked in via message option yesterday after getting super frustrated with no member number and they said they are further behind than usual. I'm like come on DVC we are all anxious and some of us are just wishing they would acknowledge the deed received and that it's in processing instead of nothing once it closes imo
When you say the message option, which one are you using?

When I tried the DVC website yesterday, they said they only answer direct sales questions.

Is this something you only get access to if you are an existing member?

When we bought resale, after buying direct, a couple of years ago, the restrictions certainly we’re in place, but this second class treatment from Disney toward resale owners didn’t seem to exist, at least to this degree. Whether it’s taking a month or more to get access to a real estate interest you own, or the borrowing glitch on resale contracts that they seem to not care one bit about fixing, I’m honestly shocked there hasn’t been a movement here to file a class action law suit.

No, this is my first contract. I messaged playing dumb and asked if I could be provided with the email to inquire if my paperwork was received and wanted to know if 2 weeks was the turn around or longer. The cast member said that they are running behind and it could take twice as long due to the 100's of contracts they get daily :(

Home Resort: Bay Lake
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Offer made: 6/10/21
Offer accepted: 6/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/24/21
Passed ROFR: 7/28/21
Closing docs received: 8/2/21
Closing docs returned: 8/2/21
Sellers docs returned: 8/6/21
Funds wired: 8/6/21
Closing: 8/9/21
Deed recorded: 8/10/21
Points in account:

I am still waiting on my membership to show up on my Dashboard, closed on 7/12, deed was recorded on 7/14… My first contract was processed in 2 weeks to the day, this is incredibly frustrating.

I am still waiting on my membership to show up on my Dashboard, closed on 7/12, deed was recorded on 7/14… My first contract was processed in 2 weeks to the day, this is incredibly frustrating.
Woah! I closed on 7/22 and was hoping that maybe I was almost done. But if you're more than a week a head of me then its going to be a long time. It's frustrating with points that expire on March 31st 2022 and by the time it loads there's not going to be much available for me to use. I'm just expecting to get boned.

Woah! I closed on 7/22 and was hoping that maybe I was almost done. But if you're more than a week a head of me then its going to be a long time. It's frustrating with points that expire on March 31st 2022 and by the time it loads there's not going to be much available for me to use. I'm just expecting to get boned.
You never know, sometimes it comes down to the CM that was assigned your paperwork, let’s hope they speed things up this week

Update...

Closing: 8/10/21
Deed recorded: 8/11/21
Points in account:

Days Total:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter