Closing Time!

Our estoppel was received 7 days ago. We still have no update on closing docs. I see that for many others, the turnaround time is normally a couple of days. Magic Vacation Title sent us the Open Escrow Title late (after we had already passed ROFR). Is this why our closing docs are probably taking longer? We didn't make any changes to our address, names, etc.

So my first resale contract recorded on 6/9. It has a different use year from my existing direct contract. Does this mean Disney will create a new membership number? Will they send me an email with a new account or will this resale contract just show up under my current account?

So my first resale contract recorded on 6/9. It has a different use year from my existing direct contract. Does this mean Disney will create a new membership number? Will they send me an email with a new account or will this resale contract just show up under my current account?
You will get a new membership number but it will show up on your current Disney login for DVC, you will have a little drop down arrow where you can select which membership’s points you want to use when booking.

You will get a new membership number but it will show up on your current Disney login for DVC, you will have a little drop down arrow where you can select which membership’s points you want to use when booking.
So Disney will send me an email with instructions on setting up this new membership number or it will just automatically show up in my current Disney DVC login? This wait is killing me!

So Disney will send me an email with instructions on setting up this new membership number or it will just automatically show up in my current Disney DVC login? This wait is killing me!
You will get an email but you won’t have to wait to set it up for the second email with the club ID like some have reported not getting until a couple of days later. It will show up automatically when you login to DVC since you already have an account set up.

You will get the email that is is set up but sometimes if you are checking a lot you might see it before the email arrives.

Because you are already an owner, there won’t be anything special you will need to do, Once it’s there, it usually takes another 3 to 5 days to see points loaded

Our estoppel was received 7 days ago. We still have no update on closing docs. I see that for many others, the turnaround time is normally a couple of days. Magic Vacation Title sent us the Open Escrow Title late (after we had already passed ROFR). Is this why our closing docs are probably taking longer? We didn't make any changes to our address, names, etc.

What is "Open Escrow Title"? We are in ROFR now on our very first contract so I am still learning.

What is "Open Escrow Title"? We are in ROFR now on our very first contract so I am still learning.

Sorry, that was supposed to say "Open Escrow Letter". This is our first time, too. It was just a letter checking that our names, addresses, and tenancy for the contract that we had to sign and return. It seemed like it was supposed to be sent to us during the ROFR wait because it mentioned still waiting on Disney to pass that part; however, the title company sent it a week after passing ROFR.

Sorry, that was supposed to say "Open Escrow Letter". This is our first time, too. It was just a letter checking that our names, addresses, and tenancy for the contract that we had to sign and return. It seemed like it was supposed to be sent to us during the ROFR wait because it mentioned still waiting on Disney to pass that part; however, the title company sent it a week after passing ROFR.

Oh yeah we signed that before we went to ROFR and paid our deposit. I sent an email today to ask if we could get docs as soon as we are past ROFR, no one has responded yet. Many people are saying you can sign your closing packet whilst you wait for estoppel, it just not officially filed till that comes in. Our seller is international and I will like our wait times to run concurrent if possible.

It ended up taking 5 days. Yes I called twice and was told the paperwork from member admin had not made its way over to member services who do the loading of points. I did receive an email the day the points loaded apologizing for the delay. I hope yours show up quickly!
I waited patiently and gave in today. After a 6 minute hold and 40 minutes waiting for them to resolve, my points are finally active and available for use!!

I waited patiently and gave in today. After a 6 minute hold and 40 minutes waiting for them to resolve, my points are finally active and available for use!!
Exciting!! When did your membership first show up on your account? Mine showed this morning and called MS but they told me that paper work hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping they could load points tomorrow.

Exciting!! When did your membership first show up on your account? Mine showed this morning and called MS but they told me that paper work hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping they could load points tomorrow.
It was 6 days ago the membership showed up with no points. I am assuming there is a long queue and if you call then you can jump the queue; assuming the paperwork is inhouse.

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/26/21 and 4/1/21 (two contracts from same owner combined into one purchasing contract)
Offer accepted: 3/26/21 and 4/1/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/26/21 and 4/2/21 (original and addendum)
Passed ROFR: 5/4/21
Closing docs received: 6/2/21
Closing docs returned: 6/8/21
Closing: 6/10/21
Deed recorded: 6/9/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/24/21
Points in account: 6/25/21

Days Total: 92

After I saw my contract showing in my account, I called twice without success. I was told by both CMs to call back in 5 days. I tried chat the next morning and CM was able to load my points after 20 minute wait. The inconsistency in what CMs say and member experience is weird. Good luck everyone!

Home Resort: RIV
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffery C. Sweet
Offer made: 5/05/2021
Offer accepted: 5/07/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/10/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/31/2021
Closing docs received: 6/10/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/10/2021
Seller closing docs returned: 6/15/2021
Deed recorded: 6/16/2021
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points on Account

Updated:
Home Resort: RIV
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffery C. Sweet
Offer made: 5/05/2021
Offer accepted: 5/07/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/10/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/31/2021
Closing docs received: 6/10/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/10/2021
Seller closing docs returned: 6/15/2021
Deed recorded: 6/16/2021
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/26/2021
Points on Account: 6/27/2022

Unfortunately I still can’t see RIV on the resort availability tool so I’ll need to contact Disney tomorrow morning to look into it.

Home: AKV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Titles
Offer made: 4/12/21
Offer accepted: 4/12/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/14/21
Passed ROFR: 5/7/21
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 6/2/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/5/2021
Funds wired: 6/5/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/2/2021
Closing: 6/16/2021
Deed recorded: 6/18/2021
Membership created & contract showing: 6/29/2021
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Home Resort: AKL
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/14/21
Offer accepted: 5/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/15/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Posting this again because of the link rules...excited for our first DVC contract!

UPDATE!

Offer made: 5/14/21
Offer accepted: 5/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/15/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Closing docs received: 6/25
Closing docs returned buyer: 6/26
Closing docs returned seller:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Resort: HHI
Broker: https://www.****************.com/dvc-resale-experts-listings/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/6
Offer accepted: 5/6
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/28
Closing docs received: 6/9
Closing docs returned: 6/9
Closing: 6/15
Deed recorded: 6/17
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/28
Points in account: 6/30

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 54 days

This 2nd resale contract was much faster than my 1st this year.
Same title company but different broker.
Unsure why it was faster though.

Last edited:
Updates:

Offer made: 6/01/21
Offer accepted: 6/01/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/07/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel received: 7/1/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned buyer:
Closing docs returned seller:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Estoppel came in a day after ROFR!!!! That's crazy!!! I had to call Magic Vacation Title to inquire. Our Admin said it would be about a week for our closing documents as they process in order of closing date. Our closing is scheduled for August 19 they said that's the date they have to get everything done. Seems like they are very slow compared to other title companies.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter