Closest Walmart to Disney World

ProudMomTo3Boys

<font color=red>My brain hurts. I am still working
I want to stop in Walmart before we go to our resort to buy some water and other things. We will have a car. From the airport to Disney, which is the closest Walmart. When I check mapquest a bunch of different ones come up. I have never gone to any of them and don't want to spend to much time going back and forth. So which is the best one to go to?

Well that depends on which way you plan to travel. Are you taking 528 or 417? Which resort are you staying at?

Good question. I think we usually take the 417, hubby usually drives, but I am pretty sure that is the one we take. We are staying at POR.

I don't know about from the airport but from the resorts the Kississime (sp??) Wal-Mart is closest. We drive down from NC (10 hours) check into the resort and then at the end of the first day make sure to swing by WM to pick up fruit, milk and yogurt. It's really easy to get to.

If you are taking 417 at the exit of Orange Blossom Trail which is one exit from Disney, there is a Super Target. Its right off the highway and if you need to grab a bit to eat there are a lot of places to chose from.
Here is a close up of the Target

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...mXZ2Q&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=12&via=1,2,3&t=h&z=16

If you are staying close to DTD there is a newer Walmart 5 miles away on Turkey Lake Rd. Take Hotel Plaza Blvd to 535 at the light turn left stay in the outside lane. At the first light turn right onto Palm Pkwy. Palm Pkwy changes names and becomes Turkey Lake Road. Walmart is on left side and is open 24 hours.
http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...arch_single_line_address=lake+buena+vista,+fl

Thank you both, I think we are going to go to the Target then. I really only need to pick up water and a few other things. I really just want to get in and out in the least amount of time. Since Target seems to be the least out of the way, I think this is our best bet.

Good Choice! That is where we stop. We grab lunch at Steak and Shake before heading to target. Steak and Shake is located about a 1/4 mile just north of the highway.

I assume it is pretty easy to get back to go the other way. Do you need to get back on the same way and make a U turn or can you get right on heading to WDW?

Depending on your time of day 528 will be busier. The 417 is more expensive per the tolls, so there's way fewer cars on it at any given time.

I like the Target right there on the 417, shopped at it many times, and find way more pleasant than the Walmart on 535 and Osceola Pkwy.

You can reenter the highway at the same place you exit from. From there, you want to take the FIRST Disney exit, of three. Each further one you go down, the more money it costs. Plus it really takes you out of the way of POR. The exit will put you on 536/World Center Drive/Epcot Center Drive.

You can either get off at the first On Property exit (after you pass the Welcome Arch). Or go down to the third exit which makes you skip a couple of lights. I don't think it's more than a 20 minute drive from Target to the Resort.

Here's some maps
fromairport.jpg

toPOR.jpg

POR.jpg

There's plenty of dining right there in that plaza, but there's also more off of John Young Pkwy. Just use the south exit of the parking lot (by Buffalo Wings and Rings), and take Town Center Blvd over to John Young Pkwy. The entrance to the 417 will be the same (on the north side of the highway).

I'm not trying to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to this one! I used the search engine AND IT WORKED!! This was EXACTLY the information I was looking for!! :cool1:

Also check out these two locations.....I believe they are closest to WDW.

Wal-Mart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746

Kissimmee West SuperTarget
4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746

I can't comment on *nicer* but the Wal-Mart has been nice enough and well-stocked enough for us to not go anywhere else on out past few trips.

Also check out these two locations.....I believe they are closest to WDW.

Wal-Mart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746

Kissimmee West SuperTarget
4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746

I can't comment on *nicer* but the Wal-Mart has been nice enough and well-stocked enough for us to not go anywhere else on out past few trips.

THIS is the one I was looking for, but couldn't find!!! I even went on Walmart's Store Locator site, but it wasn't listed!! THANK YOU for posting this!!!! :thumbsup2

We have gone to the Walmart near WDW to get things we might want for breakfast in our room. We weren't able to find even fruit that was of acceptable quality, so we go to a Publix that is near AKL. In my experience, Target is somewhat more expensive and lower quality than Publix.

This is a Winn-Dixie Market Place near AKL:

KISSIMMEE SQUARE
1347 E VINE ST
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
VIEW WEEKLY AD
GET DIRECTIONS

It is where we usually go to get groceries when we are at WDW

This is a Publix that is closest to AKL
14928 E Orange Lake Blvd
Kissimmee, FL 34747-8210
Main: (407) 239-4989
Fax: (407) 239-6499

were flying in, renting a car, heading to O'charley's for lunch then walmart before heading to the resort. why o'charley's ? because it's a favorite of ours and they closed all of them west of st louis. we had like 5 in KC and they closed all same time like 2 years ago i guess concentrating on established ones out east... haven't had it in about a year (last june in stl) not sure what i'll buy at walmart besides water and gatorade..

were flying in, renting a car, heading to O'charley's for lunch then walmart before heading to the resort. why o'charley's ? because it's a favorite of ours and they closed all of them west of st louis. we had like 5 in KC and they closed all same time like 2 years ago i guess concentrating on established ones out east... haven't had it in about a year (last june in stl) not sure what i'll buy at walmart besides water and gatorade..

I live 15 minutes North and East of St. Louis in Illinios and we have an O'Charley's by us in a nearby town. There is also one on our way down in Paducah, KY (well, it was there a few years ago anyway!) I can't believe all of yours closed!!!!

I live 15 minutes North and East of St. Louis in Illinios and we have an O'Charley's by us in a nearby town. There is also one on our way down in Paducah, KY (well, it was there a few years ago anyway!) I can't believe all of yours closed!!!!
i went to their website and it looks as if there is 1/2 the country full of o'charley's it seems to cut off around st charles mo and none west of there in any states...lol crazy huh

I want to stop in Walmart before we go to our resort to buy some water and other things. We will have a car. From the airport to Disney, which is the closest Walmart. When I check mapquest a bunch of different ones come up. I have never gone to any of them and don't want to spend to much time going back and forth. So which is the best one to go to?

Rules I made to stop at Walmart, RiteAide, etc.
1. Have a list
2. One person goes in.
3. Person waiting gives then 1/2 hr. They better be in line checking out.
4. Do not wonder off course getting caught by the endcap specials,
5. When you get a reminder call at the 20 minute mark, wrap it up get in line.
6. Look for the express line

I hated the first time we all went in, two carts and all the junk we hauled out. It seemed like a great idea, great buys, but really did not need all the exxtra stuff.
One good purchase that trip. The $19,99 duffel on wheels to carry all the extra stuff home.
:faint:

i went to their website and it looks as if there is 1/2 the country full of o'chaarley's it seems to cut off around st charles mo and none west of there in any states...lol crazy huh

That IS crazy!!! I wonder why they did that???!!! You can come visit by me anytime!! Wave when you go by!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter