(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone who is posting the pool pictures! I have been a long time lurker of this amazing thread and recently joined. We stayed at the lodge last year over Halloween and loved it and will return this year 10/29-11/5! It is my husband, my 5 and 3 year old girls and my parents. We booked a standard room last year and got some major pixie dust and got rooms 4127 and 4129. Awesome view of the parade every night and connecting rooms.

My questions are: how many connecting rooms are there actually in the lodge and are most of them courtyard views? Are they taking most courtyard pool views out of the mix during construction? Our requests are connecting and upper level. I am not picky about the view, just want to know if there is a resource to see if there are many connecting rooms in the lodge.

Thanks!

We are so excited - our daughter, son-in-law and five year old grandson are joining us at the WL in Oct. :cool1: We are going to the Halloween party and it will be so much more fun with our grandson along. It will be their first time at the WL.

We are so excited - our daughter, son-in-law and five year old grandson are joining us at the WL in Oct. :cool1: We are going to the Halloween party and it will be so much more fun with our grandson along. It will be their first time at the WL.

Wow that is great

Congratulations! You know how much fun sharing WL with kids and grandkids can be. The combination of location and amenities is awesome.

We are here now. Room 4050 standard view north wing. Our view is a parking lot and smoke house. However each night we watch wishes (or hallowishes) from the balcony. It's awesome! We have two little ones so we are in our room in plenty of time to see from the door/window to balcony. Construction hasn't bothered us at all. I came back to put dd down for nap and there was some noise from pool, but we quickly walked by and entered the north wing building and could no longer hear it. Honestly it isn't any louder than the pool would get with games and kids. Noise level is about the same to me, it's just a different noise. Hope to share some pictures later!

What size room do you have? View sounds great for fireworks :)

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to kind of interrupt this thread, as I'm sure I'm doing, but I have a question that I didn't get an answer to with a quick search and I'm dying for the answer. if you have 5 adults, a 5 yr old, and a 2 year old are you allowed to stay in one of the deluxe rooms? I thought you could, as that would be 6 people over the age of 3 plus a 2 yr old (and I though under 3 didn't count). I realize it would be tight, I'm not asking about that, i just want to know if it's allowed.

We just got back from a wonderful week at the GF and got an idea for another trip that includes the above scenario. I'm super excited, but if having the 7th person in the form of a 2 yr old excludes us from the deluxe rooms it's back to the drawing board for where to stay, and I'll be bummed.

I also wanted to ask if the deluxe rooms are ever available with a discount - room only, AP, or even AAA? I've never payed rack rate, and would hate to start, but like I said I'm busy making plans and I'll see how it all works out :goodvibes

Thanks so much in advance!!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to kind of interrupt this thread, as I'm sure I'm doing, but I have a question that I didn't get an answer to with a quick search and I'm dying for the answer. if you have 5 adults, a 5 yr old, and a 2 year old are you allowed to stay in one of the deluxe rooms? I thought you could, as that would be 6 people over the age of 3 plus a 2 yr old (and I though under 3 didn't count). I realize it would be tight, I'm not asking about that, i just want to know if it's allowed.

We just got back from a wonderful week at the GF and got an idea for another trip that includes the above scenario. I'm super excited, but if having the 7th person in the form of a 2 yr old excludes us from the deluxe rooms it's back to the drawing board for where to stay, and I'll be bummed.

I also wanted to ask if the deluxe rooms are ever available with a discount - room only, AP, or even AAA? I've never payed rack rate, and would hate to start, but like I said I'm busy making plans and I'll see how it all works out :goodvibes

Thanks so much in advance!!

Yes, you can have 6 people plus your two year old in a deluxe room. You may have to call Disney to book it if the website doesn't allow you to make the reservation. I've heard that people have trouble with that.

The deluxe rooms usually do get included in the general public discounts. :goodvibes

Such fantastic news!!! :goodvibes

Yes, you can have 6 people plus your two year old in a deluxe room. You may have to call Disney to book it if the website doesn't allow you to make the reservation. I've heard that people have trouble with that.

The deluxe rooms usually do get included in the general public discounts. :goodvibes

Thank you so much, I thought that was how it worked but I wanted confirmation before calling Disney! You are right, the website won't let me book it when I put 5 adults and 2 children with one age 4 and one age 2. But it will let me book it when I make the second child an infant. Whatever, I'll just have to call.

Club level question.....when staying club level will our magic bands give us access to old faithful club or will we be given a separate card??

Club level question.....when staying club level will our magic bands give us access to old faithful club or will we be given a separate card??

Yes .... Magic bands will be setup to allow access to the 7th floor ... Just put the band close to the elevators RFID reader on the control panel.

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::drive::drive:

We leave tomorrow!!! DH working 1/2 day, and then we are on the road, baby!!! I am finishing up last minute laundry, packing, cleaning. Fur babies are already at the doggie hotel...I can't wait!!!

A different view of the pool:

P1000582.JPG

P1000583.JPG

From september 18th

You are going to have soooo much FUN!!

We are so excited my nephew has already packed his sack pack and pulled out his disney hats and t-shirts as well as his pirate costume. We will be attending the. Halloween party on 10/23. Still trying to book the Soirée with no luck yet!
Has your grandson ever done the Pirates and Pals cruise? Hope we run into you it would be wonderful to meet someone from the boards ,

KOOK- please remind me what size I should resize my photos to on photobucket before I post them here. I know you told me once before, but I can't find it! Thanks.

A different view of the pool:

From september 18th
Thanks for the pool photos. It looks so strange with that backhoe there. We are planning to stop by the WL this Friday or Saturday, to check it all out.
Such fantastic news!!! :goodvibes
Thanks. My daughter is into full planning mode and it has been fun to discuss the trip. :goodvibes
You are going to have soooo much FUN!!

We are so excited my nephew has already packed his sack pack and pulled out his disney hats and t-shirts as well as his pirate costume. We will be attending the. Halloween party on 10/23. Still trying to book the Soirée with no luck yet!
Has your grandson ever done the Pirates and Pals cruise? Hope we run into you it would be wonderful to meet someone from the boards ,
That is so cute about your nephew. Our grandson is only five years old - his birthday was on Sunday. He is still into characters like Pluto. :)

Our daughter and family are only in for three nights. We will be going to the Halloween party on Oct 24th. We'll look for you around the lodge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter