(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home from a fabulous Disney trip (at Port Orleans Riverside) on Monday. While I was there, I booked a bounceback and am now staying at Wilderness Lodge next September!! It's been 10 years since I've stayed at the beautiful Wilderness Lodge, and I'm so glad to have another stay on the books!! :)

Courtneyprincess:

We will be celebrating 2 birthdays, 2 graduations, and my DH and my 25th anniversary- is there anyway they will put balloons in our room prior to our arrival and if not do you know where I can quick get them for the room? I want to surprise my family thanks.

We will be celebrating 2 birthdays, 2 graduations, and my DH and my 25th anniversary- is there anyway they will put balloons in our room prior to our arrival and if not do you know where I can quick get them for the room? I want to surprise my family thanks.

Disney Floral & Gift will not only deliver gifts to your room, but other locations around DW as well. Just search the DW site for Disney Floral & Gifts, and you can browse all their options. My boss actually had a treat bag waiting for me in our room when we arrived one year! I think she was jealous!

Got to make my FP+ last night. Was up and couldn't sleep. It did let me make them for all our days even though we have two reservations and the window for the second wasn't technically open yet.

It was not letting me do online checkin so I tried again and it let me this afternoon. My only choices for requests were to pick a floor and if I wanted near the elevator. Oh and the pop up box that if getting a room early is more important then requests.

The only thing I chose was highest floor. I really want a lake view and didn't want the elevator request to take preference over that.

We also decided to try Trails End for dinner, my mom likes BBQ and I just couldn't make myself do Hoop DeDo. Hoping I can make a buffet work around allergies. (Only other ADR is lunch at Brown Derby which is our must do every time).

We also decided to try Trails End for dinner, my mom likes BBQ and I just couldn't make myself do Hoop DeDo. Hoping I can make a buffet work around allergies. (Only other ADR is lunch at Brown Derby which is our must do every time).

We really like Trail's End, too. Just let them know what your allergy issues are. I've heard that they make really good gluten-free fried chicken, which I'm going to try if we decide to eat dinner over there on this trip. :)

My only choices for requests were to pick a floor and if I wanted near the elevator. Oh and the pop up box that if getting a room early is more important then requests.

Yes, the options for online checkin requests are fairly limited for everybody. Any other more specific requests should be made by calling the reservations phone number and adding them to your package. Then both the hone requests and any from online checkin should be visible to the room assignor when assigning your room.

We prefer the food at Trail's End to Hoop De Doo. There should be enough variety for you to have a nice meal.

I saw Kook's pics of the little bear and squirrel at the Mercantile..anyone know if there is any other WL plush? I have Pluto dressed in WL themed clothes but was wondering if there was anything else.

We check in 12/2!

Yes, the options for online checkin requests are fairly limited for everybody. Any other more specific requests should be made by calling the reservations phone number and adding them to your package. Then both the hone requests and any from online checkin should be visible to the room assignor when assigning your room.

We prefer the food at Trail's End to Hoop De Doo. There should be enough variety for you to have a nice meal.

I was actually wondering about Trail's End...I can't eat MSG or other additives but I know that's kind of an odd allergy so I hadn't inquired yet.

I was actually wondering about Trail's End...I can't eat MSG or other additives but I know that's kind of an odd allergy so I hadn't inquired yet.

You could probably get more official info from Disney, but the food at Trail's end is pretty basic and not super likely to have MSG. The fried chicken and pork ribs are the highlights for main courses, but there are a lot of other options like pasta, macaroni and cheese, veggies, salads, and some good desserts. It isn't fancy food, just good home style BBQ.

Noting any specific allergies on your reservation might help.

When I made the reservation I asked for a inner courtyard, upper floor, Lake view for the CV room then on the second reservation WV I asked for upper floor north wing to be noted on the reservation.

I just chose highest floor online (window for the second reservation is tomorrow I think and I'll stick with just highest floor there as well).

We really like Trail's End, too. Just let them know what your allergy issues are. I've heard that they make really good gluten-free fried chicken, which I'm going to try if we decide to eat dinner over there on this trip. :)

I'm not a fan of Cheesy Hoedown type shows but my mom liked the BBQ menu. I have heard good things about Trail's End. Thinking the buffet will give me the better option.

I plan to contact Special Diets and give them my ADR's and some idea as to what I plan to order, as some of mine while not exotic do fall outside of the big 8 that they list on the website. I've heard that if you give the restaurant advance knowledge they do try to have alternatives on hand for those with more specific allergies.

(wheat, buckwheat, oats, rye, pineapple, strawberry, dairy and egg some out completely some tolerated in small amounts and only one that may develop anaphylactic symptoms)

Some of the common substitutions (like GF items) for wheat are other allergens for me and non wheat does not do me any good if they use egg or dairy as the binder. Big pain, and it's my first trip since the big reveal (did two prior trips with just the wheat/egg thing). However Disney does have a really good reputation for working with food problems and since I can tolerate small amounts of a few of my allergens I'm pretty sure I can work around the resturants and the F&W items as long as I'm careful.

I leave in 36 hours for first trip to WL! :cool1: I just got a call from WDW, my heart soared, I was like OMG, I must be getting pixie dust - an upgrade or something!
Alas, they were just calling to let me know that the monorail won't be starting 'til 8:30 in the morning so to keep that in mind when I go over to the CR for my Kona Cafe breakfast reservation at 9:15. lol. :laughing:

You can take the boat to the MK and then either the resort boat or Riverboat to TTC. I'd recommend the resort boat...construction on the TTC side of the Poly makes the walk over difficult.

IMG_8592_zpsa684ac66.jpg
:tink:

Hi everyone! We have stayed at the VWL many times but it has been a long time since we stayed at WL. We are booking two courtyard rooms. We would like 1st floor rooms facing the main pool if possible. Can you request connecting first floor? Also- I know they have patios...do they walk out to the pool area??

If we book one bunked and one courtyard is there any way to get both first floor connecting? Thanks for any info on this!

We are staying Dec 27 to Jan 2! Third xmas at the lodge! :santa:

Hi everyone! We have stayed at the VWL many times but it has been a long time since we stayed at WL. We are booking two courtyard rooms. We would like 1st floor rooms facing the main pool if possible. Can you request connecting first floor? Also- I know they have patios...do they walk out to the pool area??

If we book one bunked and one courtyard is there any way to get both first floor connecting? Thanks for any info on this!

Congratulations, that should be a wonderful time to be at the Lodge. Booking courtyard view, your requests should be possible. As you add more requests there become fewer and fewer rooms that will meet them, but it should in theory be possible. I always put my requests in order of priority, starting with the most important to us. Also for requesting connecting rooms, I make sure that each group has the other party mentioned as a "traveling with" party in their reservation.

I've never had a first floor patio, but as I recall they don't have walking access to the pool area. I believe there is railing all the way around each patio.

Does anybody have a recent picture of the mugs offered? I was just wondering what colors were available...TIA!!

We will be at WLV Dec 28 to Jan 3rd! Out first ever Christmas and New Years at the Lodge. Any tips particularly for New Years?
We have seen the Christmas decorations and have done the MVMCP from a November stay a few years ago.

The current four colors are shown here.
Disney-World-Resort-Refillable-Mugs-2-600x339.jpg

The availability should be the same at all the resorts.

Awesome, thanks so much!! I am getting so excited I can't stand it- I think I may have a problem- can't seem to stay off these boards, looking at everything I can as I don't want to miss out on a thing. I feel a little added pressure too because my daughter's boyfriend is coming and may propose- and also it is his first EVER trip to disney world and I want to see him experience as much as possible- just able to book the Candlelight Processional yesterday as opening came available at just right time. I am so excited he will soon be part of our crazy wonderful family.

Awesome, thanks so much!! I am getting so excited I can't stand it- I think I may have a problem- can't seem to stay off these boards, looking at everything I can as I don't want to miss out on a thing. I feel a little added pressure too because my daughter's boyfriend is coming and may propose- and also it is his first EVER trip to disney world and I want to see him experience as much as possible- just able to book the Candlelight Processional yesterday as opening came available at just right time. I am so excited he will soon be part of our crazy wonderful family.

Awesome. It definitely seems that as the trip gets closer I spend even more time checking out the DIS. I just can't wait to be there.

I proposed at Disneyland and it was great. Nothing elaborate or super planned, but it will always be special to us, and the bystanders who saw it thought it was neat too. I hope everything works out great for all of you. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter