(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get to DTD from WL? We have dinner ADR's at Fulton's on our first night and want to be sure we allow enough time- thanks so much.

Unfortunately Downtown Disney is one of the longer bus rides from WL. Last September it took us 26 minutes on the bus to get there from WL, and it might have gotten worse with the DTD construction now.

I would leave my room at least an hour before I needed to be at DTD to allow for up to 30 minutes for a bus to arrive and a half hour bus ride.

For more transportation times, check out this post.

Unfortunately Downtown Disney is one of the longer bus rides from WL. Last September it took us 26 minutes on the bus to get there from WL, and it might have gotten worse with the DTD construction now.

I would leave my room at least an hour before I needed to be at DTD to allow for up to 30 minutes for a bus to arrive and a half hour bus ride.

For more transportation times, check out this post.

Definitely give yourself plenty of time when using the bus going to DTD. With all the construction, traffic is a definite issue. Good luck and have a great vacation! :cool1:

Doug :goofy:

Definitely give yourself plenty of time when using the bus going to DTD. With all the construction, traffic is a definite issue. Good luck and have a great vacation! :cool1:

Doug :goofy:

Wow!! That's incredible--we are not going till December but I guess troubles will remain. We will have car but prefer not to use it- thanks for the sugesstions.

Does anyone know who has used Magical Express what stop the WL is in the que once you board? Just wondering and approximately how long it takes to get to hotel? Thanks in advance.

Quick question - does anyone know what the day restrictions will be for the free waterpark pass during the pool refurb?

Wondering if we could use the pass on our check-out day (when we don't have any park tickets)...

Thanks!

Does anyone know who has used Magical Express what stop the WL is in the que once you board? Just wondering and approximately how long it takes to get to hotel? Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it varies, depending on the arrival schedule of the incoming guests and who is actually on the bus. I don't think we've ever stopped at WL first, and on our last trip, I believe we were the third stop and it took about 45 minutes to get to the resort after we got on the bus, and we were waiting in line for the bus for an hour. It was the longest line we stood in all week!

I'm pretty sure it varies, depending on the arrival schedule of the incoming guests and who is actually on the bus. I don't think we've ever stopped at WL first, and on our last trip, I believe we were the third stop and it took about 45 minutes to get to the resort after we got on the bus, and we were waiting in line for the bus for an hour. It was the longest line we stood in all week!

We stayed there this past June. Grand Floridian was first. WL was second. I think, DW and DD rode bus. I was in rental car at Publix buying groceries. They were waiting for me in the room. So it must have been pretty quick. I grabbed rental and headed out while they waited for bus. Still beat me to the room by a half hour.

I see so much complaining on this thread and other threads about the Wilderness Lodge construction and this is how I feel about the situation:

Honestly, if you are on this board you are most likely privileged enough to visit WDW. I feel so blessed that I am able to experience the magic at any capacity. People get SO picky about accommodations and I understand that it isn't cheap but it's still magical. Disney is doing all they can to make sure guests are not affected by the construction. I am still choosing to stay at the lodge with my husband in Sept. I feel grateful that I am able, physically and financially, to get this vacation. So really, let's stop complaining so much about these "first world problems." There are kids who would do anything to visit WDW and even worse families who struggle to have food on the table every night.

So instead of complaining about a little bit of pixie dust, why don't we take a moment to feel grateful for all that we have.

AND if the construction bothers you so much than simply change your resort! Stop putting a dark cloud over this once, lively, fun thread.

Thanks.

We stayed there this past June. Grand Floridian was first. WL was second. I think, DW and DD rode bus. I was in rental car at Publix buying groceries. They were waiting for me in the room. So it must have been pretty quick. I grabbed rental and headed out while they waited for bus. Still beat me to the room by a half hour.

We checked in on a Sunday, 8/4. We did not wait for the best. Waited on the bus 20 min. After leaving the airport it was 45 min to WL after stopping at Poly and GF. CR was also on the route after us. I have read that these are consistently on the same route. But I think the order does vary often.

Our other DME trip was during December. LONG wait for a bus. WL was not first.

I see so much complaining on this thread and other threads about the Wilderness Lodge construction and this is how I feel about the situation:

Honestly, if you are on this board you are most likely privileged enough to visit WDW. I feel so blessed that I am able to experience the magic at any capacity. People get SO picky about accommodations and I understand that it isn't cheap but it's still magical. Disney is doing all they can to make sure guests are not affected by the construction. I am still choosing to stay at the lodge with my husband in Sept. I feel grateful that I am able, physically and financially, to get this vacation. So really, let's stop complaining so much about these "first world problems." There are kids who would do anything to visit WDW and even worse families who struggle to have food on the table every night.

So instead of complaining about a little bit of pixie dust, why don't we take a moment to feel grateful for all that we have.

AND if the construction bothers you so much than simply change your resort! Stop putting a dark cloud over this once, lively, fun thread.

Thanks.

I could not agree more! My daughters were in Peru this summer on missions trip building homes and the children there still smile and are so grateful. They took bubble gum with them $50 worth and you would think you gave them a million bucks!! Definitely changes the way you think and view the world. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to upgrade to a deluxe something we haven't done in years and I will treasure every minute both good and bad- I do understand that people pay a lot of money for deluxe but as you said, they have option of changing resorts if at all possible. Family time is everything to me now esp. having one daughter living away and in grad school and the other a senior in high school and will soon be leaving home- this just may be the last large family vacation we get for awhile.

Thanks.

I wonder if you are confusing this thread with the Wilderness Lodge Mess thread? I had to go back to page 92 of this one to see any mention of the pool, and that was about an email sent in error by WDW. While there was a lot of pool talk in the prior WL thread, and some in this one as well, I think most of the pool talk has moved over to the "Mess" thread.

I wonder if you are confusing this thread with the Wilderness Lodge Mess thread? I had to go back to page 92 of this one to see any mention of the pool, and that was about an email sent in error by WDW. While there was a lot of pool talk in the prior WL thread, and some in this one as well, I think most of the pool talk has moved over to the "Mess" thread.

Oh yeah...you just may be right. That is a "testy thread" at moment.

We checked in on a Sunday, 8/4. We did not wait for the best. Waited on the bus 20 min. After leaving the airport it was 45 min to WL after stopping at Poly and GF. CR was also on the route after us. I have read that these are consistently on the same route. But I think the order does vary often.

Our other DME trip was during December. LONG wait for a bus. WL was not first.

I thought our route was Poly-GF-WL-CR, too. I know CR was last and we were third...I just couldn't remember if Poly or GF was first.

As for the post re: not complaining because you're lucky just to go to Disney: once again, just because there is suffering in the world, doesn't give Disney a pass on customer service. And also, I think your comments belong in a different thread.

Totally depends. Our last time using the ME we waited to board the bus for about 1 minute. We were the last people on so the bus immediately left. The WL was then the 1st stop! I wish I would have timed it. It was so quick and I am sure we will never have that great luck again!! We are now rental car converts though. While we have always had amazing luck with Disney transport it wasn't until our 1st time renting a car that I realized how close everything really was!

Quick question - does anyone know what the day restrictions will be for the free waterpark pass during the pool refurb? Wondering if we could use the pass on our check-out day (when we don't have any park tickets)... Thanks!
all threes times we took the ME it stopped at Poly then GF then WL. The average travel time was about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Oh, boy, I can't explain that one. Were you always booked for August? A source told me that they were told in person by a CM that the pool closure remains after Labor Day. Your letter indicates something quite different. I would recommend that you call and ask why you received the letter about the pool closing in August instead of after Labor Day: 407-824-3200. Has anyone else received the August notification?

I received it and called Disney. I was told the pool would be open during my stay...we check out on Sept. 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter