(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pictures of the construction area. You can see the empty pool and all the work being done in the area. It is hard to see the work area near the future splash area. The creek is still flowing up to that bridge, then it disappears. That rocky area is the pool slide. It was hard to tell if they are going to change the slide. All the concrete seems to be torn out of the area.

75d78cff-ae92-4d58-814e-9655b1160cd3_zps5cc166f1.jpg

2691a22f-fe49-4128-be38-eefd352d0e1a_zps47e6c942.jpg

a6af7ca4-e0ef-41e4-b71c-d44311da9c8d_zps26123f04.jpg

36f44aca-fb65-46ad-81ca-7f708b5a66f4_zps23cfd444.jpg

This is the area on the beach that is closed off. I held the iPhone over the fence to get this shot. You can see the tops of the playground equipment behind the huge dumpster.

d3c699d3-c647-4d92-877b-1fa04d5ce535_zps3516b66a.jpg

The work area is right next to the entrance to Roaring Forks.

2ca4535b-4ce6-4996-a608-3f002cde0b88_zps23def57d.jpg

It seems silly to have some of the tables behind the fence.

f2bf2198-b954-4358-8bb5-555a80225b85_zps908dedcf.jpg

Behind the fence near the Trout Bar.

31708893-b005-4c5f-9a89-202842f1f211_zps15de67d3.jpg

the temporary bar is where those people are standing.

Here are some pictures of the construction area. You can see the empty pool and all the work being done in the area. It is hard to see the work area near the future splash area. The creek is still flowing up to that bridge, then it disappears. That rocky area is the pool slide. It was hard to tell if they are going to change the slide. All the concrete seems to be torn out of the area.

75d78cff-ae92-4d58-814e-9655b1160cd3_zps5cc166f1.jpg

2691a22f-fe49-4128-be38-eefd352d0e1a_zps47e6c942.jpg

a6af7ca4-e0ef-41e4-b71c-d44311da9c8d_zps26123f04.jpg

36f44aca-fb65-46ad-81ca-7f708b5a66f4_zps23cfd444.jpg

This is the area on the beach that is closed off. I held the iPhone over the fence to get this shot. You can see the tops of the playground equipment behind the huge dumpster.

d3c699d3-c647-4d92-877b-1fa04d5ce535_zps3516b66a.jpg

The work area is right next to the entrance to Roaring Forks.

2ca4535b-4ce6-4996-a608-3f002cde0b88_zps23def57d.jpg

It seems silly to have some of the tables behind the fence.

f2bf2198-b954-4358-8bb5-555a80225b85_zps908dedcf.jpg

Behind the fence near the Trout Bar.

31708893-b005-4c5f-9a89-202842f1f211_zps15de67d3.jpg

the temporary bar is where those people are standing.

Oh my gosh it really is a BIG mess! Too bad weather was too nasty for you to get any idea of how crowded villa pool might be! I am still hoping most people will go over to other available resort pools.

Wow, thanks for the pictures. It is a mess right now... Now glad that I'll only be there in 59 days. :lmao:

Question: I noticed that with the offer (-30%), the Courtyard rooms are offered at 310$ a night on Nov. 24th. That seems a bit pricey for a room with construction view.

Could it be a sign that the refurbishment MIGHT be done by Nov 24th?

You let me know what you think?

Wow, thanks for the pictures. It is a mess right now... Now glad that I'll only be there in 59 days. :lmao:

Question: I noticed that with the offer (-30%), the Courtyard rooms are offered at 310$ a night on Nov. 24th. That seems a bit pricey for a room with construction view.

Could it be a sign that the refurbishment MIGHT be done by Nov 24th?

You let me know what you think?

I read that the Poly has been charging full price for their rooms, and that looks like a nightmare of a construction site. I don't think I would take room pricing as a sign of when the construction at WL would be finished. I hope it's finished for your trip (and mine), but I think we have to wait and see how it goes.

Gee thanks Wood Nymph for such awesome pictures- much appreciated to know just how things are going. I imagine it is too early to tell if they are onn schedule or not- we do have time till November. I am sure it will look so nice come December in time for the holidays. We really can't wait. Thanks again.

I read that the Poly has been charging full price for their rooms, and that looks like a nightmare of a construction site. I don't think I would take room pricing as a sign of when the construction at WL would be finished. I hope it's finished for your trip (and mine), but I think we have to wait and see how it goes.

Weird, I read the opposite, that the Poly booked rooms for sometimes less than 200$...

I don't know what to think anymore.

Weird, I read the opposite, that the Poly booked rooms for sometimes less than 200$...

I don't know what to think anymore.

I believe that some of that was a discount from a particular travel agency. I could be wrong though. In any case, I still wouldn't look at room pricing at WL and make any connections between that and the pool construction.

We went over to the WL this afternoon to check out the construction. We had taken the bus from MK and walked toward the villas pool first. It was very quiet over there. You could hear a little construction noise, but it wasn't very loud. The Trout Bar is now located next to the entrance to the Sturdy Branches Health Club. It is just outside the door, under the porch roof, not really much of a bar at all.

The villas pool was closed because of lightening and there wasn't anyone around, so I couldn't get an idea of whether or not the villas pool ever got crowded. We walked toward the marina and bike rental area. There are construction walls blocking the courtyard next to the real Trout Bar building and the playground. There was a lot of heavy construction going on. We could hear jackhammers. There were skid loaders, or bobcats, loading dirt/sand into dumpsters in the beach area. There were workman working on the main pool and the new splash pad area. It was very torn up there.

The main pool was empty and it looked like they were planning to resurface it. I couldn't tell whether it was going to be zero entry or remain the same depth. The planned splash pad appears to have been dug out, but not started yet. It was very noisy with all the heavy machinery and equipment working on the pool area. One of the CM's said that they were working double shirts to get the nosiest and most disruptive work done as soon as possible. We did see someone on the balcony in a fifth floor room overlooking the construction area, which means those rooms are not out of inventory. To be honest, I would not want to be in one of those inner courtyard rooms right now. :sad1:

On the plus side, the waterfall and stream are still running. Rooms with a woods view or the villas courtyard view wouldn't really be bothered by the construction. The pathway to the boat was still there. There are now kids games in the lobby, games like a giant chess game, checkers and dominoes. There was a CM in the lobby whose job was to play with the kids. The marina, bike rental and beach is still open.

I need to upload my pictures and then I'll post them. I took them all with my iPhone, so they won't be the best quality.

Thanks for the update Sue!! I tried to get over there last Friday after visiting Epcot for the F&W opening day but it was raining too hard and we just wanted to get the drive home over with.

Sounds like they are trying to do their best to get the nasty stuff over with quickly. And to make it as pleasant for the guests as possible.

I'm enjoying reading your YC reviews, as we will be there soon :cheer2:.

Have a wonderful day!!

imagejpg1_zps721b42ad.jpg

I resized, but this still looks big on Preview Post. Anyhow, this was arrival day, 8/11 and we always take this picture because this is the moment the excitement really starts to build.

Mini-fireplace in villas lobby. Even though the weather was so hot, it was nice to stand in front of this to warm up, after going to pool at night and coming in to the AC soaking wet.

imagejpg6_zps582dfffd.jpg

Ready to take the elevator to our 2BR villa. (and a nice shot of my Keens) :)
Our room was 5548- got my requests for 5th floor and far from elevator ( we never heard another guest), but didn't get lake side. It didn't really matter there. Pretty much all you see is trees and more trees. Unpacking in a villa is fun! There is a place for everything and not a suitcase in sight for 8 days. That's it for now. My DD took photos of the inside of the villa and I still need to upload them to photobucket.

I love to look at the photos everyone posts. Bluecastle, your pictures really resonated with me. The shot driving onto property really got me excited for my trip beginning Dec. 1st. I always take a picture of the main WDW sign as you drive on property because I'm excited to be there, and your picture really reminded me of that!
Also loved the other pictures as well. I'll have to look for the little beaver under the counter.

Enjoying all the pictures! I appreciate the live updates and I am encouraged by the reports. Thanks! We are down to 39 days! :cool1:

Thanks for the update Sue!! I tried to get over there last Friday after visiting Epcot for the F&W opening day but it was raining too hard and we just wanted to get the drive home over with.

Sounds like they are trying to do their best to get the nasty stuff over with quickly. And to make it as pleasant for the guests as possible.

I'm enjoying reading your YC reviews, as we will be there soon :cheer2:.

Have a wonderful day!!

Thanks, We are at the YC right now and love being able to walk to Epcot in 5 minutes and Hollywood Studios in 19 minutes, And we have really enjoyed the pool in this terribly humid weather. But we also loved walking the WL grounds yesterday. And DH just wanted to sit in the lobby for awhile to soak it all in. We can't wait to return to WL next month. :)

For what's it worth, we were over at the Poly today and that place looks ten times worst then the WL construction does. At least the majority of the lodge looks great. :thumbsup2 The Poly is a mud mess of construction and walls everywhere. :sad1:

c0540139-4930-498b-99a3-df23d3e0393a_zpsc404d9dd.jpg
The waterfall is still beautiful. The flowers were very pretty, even in the stormy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter