(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: I made it! So glad to "see" so many friendly faces over here.

KOOK...you've outdone yourself...seriously. Your resort threads keep getting better and better. You do realize that you're doing one heck of a job for Disney....I'm thinking you should be on their payroll :laughing: Once you stay at FW....are you going to do one for them, too??;)

Loved the intro to the thread with the history part!! That's really cool....and by the way....just told DH that Disney luggage is a must!! Not sure if that is your luggage or not, but I want some!! Love it!

Great job!
Heather

Wow, this a wonderful thread. You think of everything we'd want to know about a resort. Thank you very much for taking the time to gather all this information into one place.:thanks:

What an awesome thread! I am honored that you added a link to my BLT rooms and views thread! :cheer2::cheer2:
Awwww, thanks so much!

As I said over on your fine thread, I don't know how many times I've posted the link to your BLT Rooms and Views thread on the old CR thread. It's an indispensable tool for both points and cash reservations. What a great idea you had to create it:thumbsup2. Don't be a stranger around here - I know you have a BLT stay coming up this month, don't you?

We stayed in a CR suite a few years back! The balconies are deeper (they fit more chairs and a lounger too! And yes, part of the balcony IS covered!:thumbsup2
:wave: Our other former resident CR suite expert! Thank you for posting about the balcony:goodvibes

It will be fun looking through this thread! We own DVC at BLT and just got back from another wonderful trip. We usually stay in studios but this time we had a one-bedroom and it was fantastic!
Welcome! There is a BIG difference between the Studios and the One Bedroom - there's no going back now!

Thanks for setting up the new thread! Looking forward to our first CR stay in April!
You're welcome, jlcd.

Your trip will be here soon! Have you made all your ADRs yet?

This is my dilemma as well. We have enough points do to one trip in a 1 BR once a year, or two trips in a studio per year. There is a little wiggle room in there, but not much. We did a 1 BR at SSR, and that washer/dryer alone was great. But, when you added the space, tub, space, kitchen, private rooms, and did I mention space, it was even that much better. Then, BLT adds a second bathroom. So far, two trips have won out over the 1 trip, but I can see a time as my children get older that we will want the 1 BR all the time.
Personally, I wouldn't stay in a Studio since they're actually smaller than a CR STD room. I understand if you have to use points (I only book with cash), so I would go for the longer one trip stay in a One Bedroom over two shorter trips with one being in a Studio:crowded:

:rotfl: Ah, got it! Sorry, I am easily distracted by CL dessert photos ;)
And I think babyberger has more to share:confused3

:wave2: I made it! So glad to "see" so many friendly faces over here.

KOOK...you've outdone yourself...seriously. Your resort threads keep getting better and better. You do realize that you're doing one heck of a job for Disney....I'm thinking you should be on their payroll :laughing: Once you stay at FW....are you going to do one for them, too??;)

Loved the intro to the thread with the history part!! That's really cool....and by the way....just told DH that Disney luggage is a must!! Not sure if that is your luggage or not, but I want some!! Love it!

Great job!
Heather
Awww, thank you so much Heather. I really appreciate your comments, especially since you produce such top notch TRs:thumbsup2

I have put in a requisition for a new turbo-charged Sea Raycer to enable me to go between WL and CR faster. I haven't figured out though how to make it over to Crescent Lake by water. I suppose I could bring the Sea Raycer on the monorail:confused3

Did you (or anyone) watch the Bob Hope video I link to in the first post? My favorite part (the rest isn't so great) is when he tells the CMs that he'll meet them later over in Adventureland:rolleyes2. Oh, and I also love those stairs right from the monorail to the 4th floor!

I looked at your "old" FWC TR after I booked there. Your kids have grown since then (I state the obvious). I'm looking forward to your POR/RR TR soon!

Wow, this a wonderful thread. You think of everything we'd want to know about a resort. Thank you very much for taking the time to gather all this information into one place.:thanks:
Welcome, DenLo and I'm so glad you like it. I try to consider questions a first-timer might have (and even a repeat guest like me). I know when I book a new resort (or even an old favorite) I want to know everything. It makes me even more excited about the trip. Speaking of which, you have some great trips coming up:thumbsup2

Awww, thank you so much Heather. I really appreciate your comments, especially since you produce such top notch TRs:thumbsup2

Thanks:goodvibes However....as I look at my very first TR, I can definitely see a difference in then, and now.....:laughing: live and learn....thank goodness!

I have put in a requisition for a new turbo-charged Sea Raycer to enable me to go between WL and CR faster. I haven't figured out though how to make it over to Crescent Lake by water. I suppose I could bring the Sea Raycer on the monorail:confused3

That could work :scratchin...perhaps you need to also request a private section on the monorail....the Sea Raycer won't fit otherwise. I think it's the least Disney could do.

Did you (or anyone) watch the Bob Hope video I link to in the first post? My favorite part (the rest isn't so great) is when he tells the CMs that he'll meet them later over in Adventureland:rolleyes2. Oh, and I also love those stairs right from the monorail to the 4th floor!

Just did! :rotfl: watched the whole thing! However did you find that?? My dad will love it. Can't wait to show him. The intro music is a cross between The Love Boat theme song and Wishes :laughing:

I looked at your "old" FWC TR after I booked there. Your kids have grown since then (I state the obvious). I'm looking forward to your POR/RR TR soon!

:rotfl: yes they have. Sad thing....after you posted that, I had to sneak over to my old thread just to see how much they have grown! :rolleyes: YOU WERE RIGHT! ;)

I may have talked DH into an August trip this year! He was much more receptive than I had imagined! He was all for it, especially since we can squeeze in before youngest DS turns 3! A lot will depend on our move though so we'll see, but of I can save the money, he's down for the trip!

MrsBlovesDisney said:
We stayed in a CR suite a few years back! The balconies are deeper (they fit more chairs and a lounger too! And yes, part of the balcony IS covered!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the response! We have stayed Atrium Club before and are considering a suite for our next trip. That's great news about the balcony! Thanks!!

Hi All!
We stayed at BLT in Nov.-Dec. this year and LOVED it! Since we weren't able to secure points to rent there again for next year, we're now in the process of buying into DVC at BLT. We're so excited, and are really hoping that there'll still be a 1 bedroom available for our dates, once we're closed and official members!
BLT was amazing and we can't wait to go back!
:cheer2:

BTW, thanks for this thread! It's so nice to look at the pictures and remember what a good time we had. :thanks:

I will echo what others have said, this is an amazing and comprehensive thread. You've done a great job. Thank you very much for your hard work; I really enjoyed reading this.

Do you have any idea what kind of rehab is taking place or when we'll begin to see pictures of rehabbed rooms?

Just did! :rotfl: watched the whole thing! However did you find that?? My dad will love it. Can't wait to show him. The intro music is a cross between The Love Boat theme song and Wishes :laughing:

:rotfl: yes they have. Sad thing....after you posted that, I had to sneak over to my old thread just to see how much they have grown! :rolleyes: YOU WERE RIGHT! ;)
I found the Bob Hope video years ago. I've always loved reading about the history of the CR and I was looking at YouTube one day for CR videos and there it was. It is so schmalzy and cheesy, but oh so hard to resist. I love how he just gets right out of the monorail and down those stairs he goes.

About the kids growing - I think you're feeding them too well...

I may have talked DH into an August trip this year! He was much more receptive than I had imagined! He was all for it, especially since we can squeeze in before youngest DS turns 3! A lot will depend on our move though so we'll see, but of I can save the money, he's down for the trip!
Has he seen the thread yet? That might put him over the edge. I know my DH loves The Wave breakfast buffet photos:laughing:. I've already been instructed to book it for spring break.

Hi All!
We stayed at BLT in Nov.-Dec. this year and LOVED it! Since we weren't able to secure points to rent there again for next year, we're now in the process of buying into DVC at BLT. We're so excited, and are really hoping that there'll still be a 1 bedroom available for our dates, once we're closed and official members!
BLT was amazing and we can't wait to go back!
:cheer2:

BTW, thanks for this thread! It's so nice to look at the pictures and remember what a good time we had. :thanks:
Let us know when it's official and I'm glad you enjoyed the new thread, Mom23WildBoys!

Arriving at CR in 1 day:cool1::banana:
That is so exciting! You and bridgie04 will be there at the same time.

I will echo what others have said, this is an amazing and comprehensive thread. You've done a great job. Thank you very much for your hard work; I really enjoyed reading this.

Do you have any idea what kind of rehab is taking place or when we'll begin to see pictures of rehabbed rooms?
I really appreciate your kind comments, ZZUB. I loved creating this and I love that so many are enjoying it:goodvibes

The only rehab reference I have found is calling it a "soft" rehab. This usually includes bedding, possibly flooring and headboards, drapes... nothing structural. Hopefully, we'll get some photos soon.

Checked in garden wing today. Questions please let me know and happy to ask or investigate. :cool1:
How sweet of you. Well, the topic of the day seems to be the rehab, so if you have a rehabbed room or if you can ask a CM or housekeeper to see one and take some quick photos, that would be GREAT. Or if you could even ask what is being replaced, that would be great, too. Thanks! Gee, almost forgot - have a wonderful time!

Thanks for the new thread! Awesome job!

We will be staying CL here for the first time in September! Yay!!!

Thanks for the new thread! Awesome job!

We will be staying CL here for the first time in September! Yay!!!
Welcome to the thread and thank you from NoVA:)

The view from the Atrium Club lounge is one of the best. You can watch Wishes from there every night and the EWP from your room if you're booked BLV - I think it's the best of both worlds. Happy planning! Speaking of which, I'm off to book some ADRs now...

The refurbishment of the 14th floor is supposed to be a soft and hard refurb. All other rooms are a soft one(linens, etc.).

WDWKOOK said:
Has he seen the thread yet? That might put him over the edge. I know my DH loves The Wave breakfast buffet photos:laughing:. I've already been instructed to book it for spring break.

I just showed him all the pictures! He's ready to go back to Disney! The food definitely helps! The man loves himself some food!

Awesome job on the new thread!! :thumbsup2 We've been going to BLT since it opened and this year will be the first time we stay in a 1 br, love all the pics!!!

I 10000% agree - what a GREAT post. We're staying TPV in a couple of weeks and this just amp'd up the excitement!!!:hyper:

If you don't mind 2 quick questions:

1. DH is a big peruser of TripAdvisor and said some of the pics he's seen posted of a Standard TPV are where it appears as if the person has to lean into/over the balcony railing and turn right/left to see the Castle. Is that the case with most TPV rooms??

2. Is there any kiosk or CS place anywhere in the hotel where he'll be able to get a fresh made-to-order burger/chicken fingers/fries type food? He's ultra picky and everything has to be plain-nothing on it.

TIA!! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter