(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the military discounts the only ones out at this time? The first night we have two of the queen rooms reserved until they can move over to the two bedroom suite. We couldn't get the suite the first night. I know they don't discount the suites but maybe we can get one for the single room.
Currently, the only other discount that extends out the furthest is the AP room-only that goes through 12/24. There are also some FD Bouncebacks for next year. The military room-only expires 9/14 so that's why I was able to book it. You're correct about the suites not being discounted, but since I was able to get a discount on the Queen/King, you might be able to when discounts extend that far.

We'll be at CR July 18-21, YC July 21-26, and AKL July 26-28.
I'll put you in the Log.

My friend and I will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time from Dec. 10-Dec.17. I have enjoyed reading through the threads and seeing photos of the resort. We are staying in the Tower.

Would love to be added to the roll!!

Hi, a newbie needing some help and info here...I'm planning to visit in early Aug 2014 and would like to stay for a week in a one bedroom at BLT. But...the WDW website says ALL rooms at BLT are booked during that time. Is that possible so far ahead of the trip? Or is there anything that impact booking of this hotel? It does not appear to be the case for any other villa. Thanks all.

I am trying to book for July 2014 and started a whole thread to track the process because there's really no consistent rhyme or reason to what's open and when. I don't know how to link my other thread here from my IPhone, but I will link it tomorrow for you! The basic answer for you now is that your dates aren't open yet, but don't give up hope!

Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255
And depending on when you're going in August, your dates might be open now. Today all the dates through a check out date of August 5 appeared to be available in all categories except 2 bedroom standard view! :)

:wave:
Oh, thank you! I'm excited to have secured this elusive booking. The Tower Club non-suites don't even appear online and they are a very confusing (for some CMs) category to book. I am thrilled to have been able to book with the discount.

I can't wait to hear about your fast-approaching club level stays. Will you be posting to the RC thread or a TR? Will you post live?

Thanks! I will pop in and post on the RC thread here and there. We are getting so excited! :beach:

It will be very fun to hear about your Tower Club stay. It sounds like a great way to start next summer! :cheer2:

I am so excited to be staying at the Contemporary tomorrow! This will be our first time at CR! I am going to try to post while we are there but if not, I will be back Thursday. If anyone wants to follow me on Insta gram my username is LCOFF710
:cool1:

I didn't see you in the Log-orail so I forgot when your trip is. You need a ticker! Looks like your ADR date is in January, mine is 12/24. I can't believe I actually got the Tower Queen with the 40% off. There are only two non-HA Queen Tower Club rooms. I requested 4905 which is the BLV - I know, I must be a rare bird.

I'm relatively new at this and I am trying to figure out all the acronyms and abbreviations out. What is a Log-orail?

I'm relatively new at this and I am trying to figure out all the acronyms and abbreviations out. What is a Log-orail?

It is the listing on page 1 of this thread of Dis'ers plans to stay at the CR. :goodvibes

It's just a fun way of knowing when others will be there as well.

I didn't see you in the Log-orail so I forgot when your trip is. You need a ticker! Looks like your ADR date is in January, mine is 12/24. I can't believe I actually got the Tower Queen with the 40% off. There are only two non-HA Queen Tower Club rooms. I requested 4905 which is the BLV - I know, I must be a rare bird.

It is the listing on page 1 of this thread of Dis'ers plans to stay at the CR. :goodvibes

It's just a fun way of knowing when others will be there as well.

Thank you

I am so excited to be staying at the Contemporary tomorrow! This will be our first time at CR! I am going to try to post while we are there but if not, I will be back Thursday. If anyone wants to follow me on Insta gram my username is LCOFF710

Have a great trip!

Hi There,

2nd time back to DW, 1st time at CR (last year at Poly). Very excited! Coming with my wife, two kids (3 & 7) as well as in-laws (sorry - don't know the acronyms yet for each:confused3). Just made res for two adjoining TPV rooms, but wondering about Atrium CL. Just getting my sea legs with CR so pardon my ignorance, but is the refurbishment of Atrium rooms and the inclusion of suites at Tower the only difference btw the two levels? Also, can anyone direct me to pix of the new Atrium rooms? Many thx for the help. I am sure I can find this info somewhere in this thread, but figured I'd fast-track it as there are so many knowledgable folks here who might be able to help me save some valuable time and directly steer me to the right resource!

Hi There,

2nd time back to DW, 1st time at CR (last year at Poly). Very excited! Coming with my wife, two kids (3 & 7) as well as in-laws (sorry - don't know the acronyms yet for each:confused3). Just made res for two adjoining TPV rooms, but wondering about Atrium CL. Just getting my sea legs with CR so pardon my ignorance, but is the refurbishment of Atrium rooms and the inclusion of suites at Tower the only difference btw the two levels? Also, can anyone direct me to pix of the new Atrium rooms? Many thx for the help. I am sure I can find this info somewhere in this thread, but figured I'd fast-track it as there are so many knowledgable folks here who might be able to help me save some valuable time and directly steer me to the right resource!

The Atrium rooms are the same as all the other tower floors. The only differences are keyed access, and a three room space that makes up the lounge. The floor has a view of the Concourse like all the other floors below it.

The Tower Club rooms were just refurbed along with the lounge. It is also keyed access and has a two room space lounge. It is an enclosed floor and does not have a view of the concourse. They are as of yet no pictures of the refurbishment, but we are all anxiously looking forward to seeing some in the near future. There is a DISer (LuvMySoldier07) checking in tomorrow.

We woke up to find that ME envelope hanging on our door:rolleyes: So you know what that means: Today is our last full day here and tomorrow we fly home :sad: But 12 nights is about enough, and truthfully, I am ready to see my grandkids :p

This has been an especially magical trip for us. We've loved our time here at the CR and any of you making trips here soon will love it!

Glad you had a great trip :). We've never stayed at the CR but we're trying it for the first time in December. I am getting very excited after reading about so many great trips and seeing lots of great pics :goodvibes.

Hi! New to this thread! :wave2:

Welcome to the CR thread :welcome:.

I was able to book a Tower Club Level (14th floor) room today for 6/22 - 7/3 with the military discount. I'm just a tad excited:yay:. Off to scribble myself into the Log-orail:wave2:

Congrats on getting Tower club :thumbsup2.

My friend and I will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time from Dec. 10-Dec.17. I have enjoyed reading through the threads and seeing photos of the resort. We are staying in the Tower.

We are trying the CR for the first time in December, too. The people on this thread are very nice and I have gotten a lot of great information to make me very excited for our first stay :goodvibes.

Have a great trip :yay:. I can't wait to hear all about your stay.

I will add you to the Log and I hope you and your friend have a great time. the Tower views are amazing.

I am trying to book for July 2014 and started a whole thread to track the process because there's really no consistent rhyme or reason to what's open and when. I don't know how to link my other thread here from my IPhone, but I will link it tomorrow for you! The basic answer for you now is that your dates aren't open yet, but don't give up hope!

Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255
And depending on when you're going in August, your dates might be open now. Today all the dates through a check out date of August 5 appeared to be available in all categories except 2 bedroom standard view! :)
I think your question's been answered on the thread you started so I won't re-post what I posted here a few days ago about cash reservations, but in general, cash reservations are usually available at the 7-9 month point.

Thanks! I will pop in and post on the RC thread here and there. We are getting so excited! :beach:

It will be very fun to hear about your Tower Club stay. It sounds like a great way to start next summer! :cheer2:
Great! Looking forward to reading about your stay. You've been planning this trip for along time.

I envy you being able to go this time of year. We've never been in June, but we have to go next year right after school gets out due to DD's July/August commitments. It's not ideal at all, but the only way we can do family vacations for at least the next couple of years until DD graduates.

We can't wait for you to get to the Tower Club! Are you there yet?! My DD just bookmarked your Instagram account for me so I can check for your mobile updates:hyper:. If you can't post here, I can post your Instagram photo here for you.

Hi There,

Welcome! The 12th and 14th CL floors underwent lounge rehabs this summer. All of the CR rooms also underwent a soft goods rehab this summer. All of the CR rooms on the 12th floor (Atrium Club) are identical to all the other CR rooms. There are many links to photos which are in Post #1.

The 14th floor (Tower Club) has 16 rooms, 5 of which are king and queen non-suite rooms. The rooms on the Tower Club level are decorated differently than all the other floors (or at least they used to be pre-summer '13).

As kellylfitz mentioned, LuvMySoldier07 is arriving today and will soon post photos of their Tower Club room. If she posts to Instagram first, I will re-post her photo here for her.

We will be in a 2 bedroom with twin toddlers. Can we request 2 high chairs? Should I request them when we check in?
Yes, ask at check-in or press the Housekeeping button on your phone when you get to your villa.

KOOK - just wanted to pop in and say congrats to the Tower Club room!!! Will it really stick :rolleyes1
Thank you, Melissa! Unless there is an unforseen circumstance, such as a scheduling conflict, I can't picture myself giving this reservation up. I will admit that we will probably end up doing a split stay (other resort TBD) and not 11 nights there, but this is such a difficult reservation to secure, I booked it for the entire trip.

There is only one other queen room (and one queen HA room) up on the 14th floor. I'll keep you posted on the split options. I figure that any other resort will be much easier to get than this was, so I should be fine getting a split this far out.

Your trip is coming up real soon! Does BLT still look good for February? You're going to love the one bedroom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter