(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited! We leave in 9 days (but arrive in 10) for our first ever trip to BWV. I can't wait to be in the Disney bubble. I grew up a DL local but this is only our second trip to WDW. My kids are now almost 7, 4, and almost 2. Both girls have a birthday 2 weeks after our trip. On our last trip the kids were 8 months and turned 3 while there so they don't remember much of anything. I'm just so exited for them to get to have a Disney experience they will remember.

My youngest are all about Mickey and Minnie. I can't wait for them to meet them.

So excited! We leave in 9 days (but arrive in 10) for our first ever trip to BWV. I can't wait to be in the Disney bubble. I grew up a DL local but this is only our second trip to WDW. My kids are now almost 7, 4, and almost 2. Both girls have a birthday 2 weeks after our trip. On our last trip the kids were 8 months and turned 3 while there so they don't remember much of anything. I'm just so exited for them to get to have a Disney experience they will remember.

My youngest are all about Mickey and Minnie. I can't wait for them to meet them.
Your kids are going to remember a lot more from this trip. Make sure you take lots of photos and visit the Mickey's Magical Meet & Greet at the MK. It's so nice to be able to use a FP for it.

Hi all! I stayed at BWI from Jan. 19-24 and I loved every minute of it!!

I posted a whole other thread about this, but long story short, I got a SWEET free room upgrade from standard view to the cottages!!!

I was in cottage 1204, which had a lovely courtyard. We very much enjoyed the Innkeeper's club.

I doubt we will ever have another trip that will measure up to the wonderful surprise we received at BWI. I was really torn about what resort to choose for this trip, but I definitely picked correctly! I can see why there are so many BWI fans on this board!!!

Your kids are going to remember a lot more from this trip. Make sure you take lots of photos and visit the Mickey's Magical Meet & Greet at the MK. It's so nice to be able to use a FP for it.

Yes the Mickey meet n greet is our first FP on arrival day.
I know they will love it. We spent our summer at Busch gardens Williamsburg and they love it there so I KNOW they will love WDW. My oldest loves fast rides and unfortunately at BG was only tall enough for the kiddie coaster but at WDW she is just tall enough for the 44" ones. She is so excited to be my roller coaster buddy since DH hates them.

Well you can add us to the list. We will be there 3/31-4/6. This will be our first time at BWI!

We should be getting the standard 2 queen and a daybed to sleep the 5 of us. Any recommendations for location request?

Thanks!

This will be our first stay at the Boardwalk Villas May 12-16,using our DVC points. Usually stay at BLT when we have the grandkids, easy walk to Magic Kingdom. We are really looking forward to this resort for the two of us with an easy walk to 2 parks.

That's a wonderful surprise:thumbsup2. What other treats did you receive?

They gave my daughter a bunch of balloons, and they took a family photo in front of the fireplace which was framed in a Boardwalk Frame and delivered to our room later in the day. We also got a certificate with our name and date on it. Fun little surprise! But absolutely nothing beats our room upgrade and the view. Laying here right now listening to the boardwalk music from our room.

I'm having a brain freeze - booking a studio thru renting points & wanting to request the area right out back that is not considered BW/water view - but can't remember the exact area name - Bowling Green?? Help I need to get back to the renter ASAP!

ROFL- VILLAGE GREEN!!! Found it!!!

Looking to change last night of Poly stay to BWV, it's 1st day of F&H & would be nice to be right there.

Congrats to the recent upgrades! Sounds like January is a good time to stay at the Inn. :) I don't think we see too many upgrade posts usually.

Walt Disney World resorts will begin offering international flight check-in service:

Art of Animation, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Polynesian Resort, and Wilderness Lodge - January 27

Boardwalk Resort, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs, Yacht & Beach Club - February 3

Pop Century Resort - February 10

Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs - February 17

Port Orleans Resort - February 24

All-Star Movies Resort - March 3

All-Star Music, All-Star Sport - March 10

Caribbean Beach - March 17

For those of you there now or who have been there recently, how is RD at Epcot being handled at our entrance side? I miss the days when they used to let us in early and then held us at the big fountain. The last couple of times we were there, they didn't let us through the turnstiles (what are we calling them now?) until the opening time. Sort of a disadvantage.

29 more days for us!

For those of you there now or who have been there recently, how is RD at Epcot being handled at our entrance side? I miss the days when they used to let us in early and then held us at the big fountain. The last couple of times we were there, they didn't let us through the turnstiles (what are we calling them now?) until the opening time. Sort of a disadvantage.

29 more days for us!

We are just back and they let us is about 10 mins early both days we did rope drop.

Hi all! I stayed at BWI from Jan. 19-24 and I loved every minute of it!!

I posted a whole other thread about this, but long story short, I got a SWEET free room upgrade from standard view to the cottages!!!

I was in cottage 1204, which had a lovely courtyard. We very much enjoyed the Innkeeper's club.

I doubt we will ever have another trip that will measure up to the wonderful surprise we received at BWI. I was really torn about what resort to choose for this trip, but I definitely picked correctly! I can see why there are so many BWI fans on this board!!!
Congratulations and what a great upgrade!

Well you can add us to the list. We will be there 3/31-4/6. This will be our first time at BWI!

We should be getting the standard 2 queen and a daybed to sleep the 5 of us. Any recommendations for location request?

Thanks!
Did you book a Standard View? If so, I would request an Epcot/Garden View. The 5th floor is the highest non-CL floor which offers great views of the Eiffel Tower and some of Illuminations.

Looking forward to our first visit to BWV - March 15-21. Can't wait to stay at the Boardwalk!!
I'll add you dates and happy planning!

This will be our first stay at the Boardwalk Villas May 12-16,using our DVC points. Usually stay at BLT when we have the grandkids, easy walk to Magic Kingdom. We are really looking forward to this resort for the two of us with an easy walk to 2 parks.
Sounds like a great adults-only location and I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

They gave my daughter a bunch of balloons, and they took a family photo in front of the fireplace which was framed in a Boardwalk Frame and delivered to our room later in the day. We also got a certificate with our name and date on it. Fun little surprise! But absolutely nothing beats our room upgrade and the view. Laying here right now listening to the boardwalk music from our room.
WOW. What a great honor - enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Had a fantastic fire alarm this afternoon on the Villa side. Lasted a good 10 minutes.
Sounds like it would have been a great time to leave and grab one of these…

peanut-butter-banana-and-candied-bacon-pie-600x485.jpg

We're back from our 8 night stay @ BWI CL and had a blast. The friendliness of every single CM, from the mousekeepers you pass in the hall, the folks working the front door directing vehicles and people and the CL staff is remarkable.

We'd booked 2 rooms and requested they be close to the lounge and close to each other. We were steps away from the lounge in adjoining rooms. It was very convenient for our party of 7.

In fact, I had such a good time, I've talked my DSis into a long weekend (3/27-3/31) to go back to the BWI and see the Flower and Garden Show:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just got back from our week stay at the BWI. All CM's were great to deal with and my only complaint was both our requests were ignored. I thought being all the way down at room 5001(1 bedroom villa) was going to be bad, but it really wasn't too bad.

Well, I do have another complaint. Our magic bands were almost useless trying to get the front gate to open whenever we went off property in our car. I literally had to hang out the window, take off the band and press it really hard to get the gate to lift. The security guard stood there and just watched me struggle.

The weather the first half was great, the last half, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter