clearwater-hotels and how far?

socalgirl

Earning My Ears
hi,
posted earlier about beaches. wondering about the distance to clearwater from orlando? any recommended hotels? how far is clearwater to kennedy space center and daytona?
thanks
gayle

Clearwater is 107.4 miles or 2 hours, 3 minutes from Orlando. I, too, would like to hear some hotel suggestions. We get here after our five days at the world and need a relaxing beach! ;)

Go to Florida Tourist Info or toGulfbeaches.
They offer a nice choice and also have a great hotel-finder with many options.

Have fun

donaldplane.jpg

Actually it's about 90 miles (Orlando is about 15 miles N of Disney--put attractions in Mapquest and chose EPCOT). Clearwater is the opposite direction from Daytona and Kennedy. If you're staying in Clearwater you might want to fly into Tampa. The Tampa airport is right at the causway to Clearwater.

We have stayed at Clearwater Beach twice -- in July 1999 and October 1996. We stayed at the same hotel on both trips -- it was a Doubletree in '96 and had recently changed to a Hilton in '99 and been remodeled. This hotel was pretty nice (though the rooms did not compare to a Disney deluxe), and had its own private beach. I believe the name of the street is Mandalay Avenue. There was also a Days Inn just down the beach that looked okay, at least from a distance. I hope this helps!

mic-min01.gif

Disneyland 1982
WDW:
Off-Site:
Aug. 1983, May 1985, May 1987, Oct. 1996
Polynesian July 1999
March 2001--Buena Vista Suites

Fort Desoto beach was very nice . After Orlando we go to Dunedin(family has house, so I can`t help with hotels). We went to Fort Desoto beach this year ,it`s listed in the site mentioned above.
It was a beautiful beach with really nice bbq areas and restrooms with showers. I think that we had to pay 35cent toll or something like that. We loved it there. Some of the areas have concessions as well.

HI...WE STAYED AT THE RAMADA IN CLEARWATER BEACH IN FEB-2000, AND ARE GOING BACK IN AUG OF THIS YEAR. WE LIKED IT ALOT. WATERVIEW BALCONIES, POOL, TIKI BAR, CLEAN. I RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY!

We stayed at sherpard resort on the beach , it was okay but what i liked about it , it had a band starting about 2:00 pm and you can sit outside and listen to them from the pool and they were there until about 10:00 and then another band took over inside the bar ajaccent to the hotel -restaurant., the buffet were a great price too.
mrsmom

When we went to Clearwater we stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort. You are alble to walk right out to the ocean. That was the main reason we choose to stay there. We didn't want to drive or cross a road to get to the ocean. The sunsets are breath taking. We would deffinitly stay there again. Enjoy!

DVC member 6/97
04/01-OKW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter