• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cleaning your room upon arrival

Wenlitz

<font color=6699FF>The Tag Fairy has been known to
Do any of you clean the doorknobs etc when you get to your room??I am very picky and plan to do this when we get there..
Am I nuts!!! We are staying at WL. :p

My DW & I stayed at WL in May. Our room was immaculate upon our arrival and the Mousekeeping staff kept it that way the entire time. They did a wonderful job!:D

I'll confess that I pack a can of Lysol and spray the doorknobs (& any other place my DD might grab) down as soon as we arrive. I'm sure that everything's clean, but it just makes me feel better to know that I've done this. :rolleyes:

I carry those Lysol or Clorox 2 wipes and I wipe everything I think I or my stuff might touch. I know its weird but take the drawers for example people use them for all sorts of stuff including storage of dirty laundry. Well my boyfriend likes to put his clean stuff away in there and the thought of the mixture just grosses me out. We also have special slippers for travel so that we don't walk on the carpet. I wipe those down before I put them in the suitcase for return. His DD thinks its hillarious to walk on the carpet barefoot and come show me. Same with sitting on the bedspread. I just about Die.

Everyone in my family makes fun of me because the first thing I do upon entering ANY hotel room is take the bed spreads off and wipe stuff down. Most of us have seen the reports on 20/20 and Dateline about Hotel rooms and still I know no one thats ever had a problem at Disney. I know Disney does a very good job of cleaning the rooms, its Disney they do everything better. Well, at least in my world. It makes me feel better to do the weird things I do.

I have always assumed the beds were completely changed for new guests, including a newly cleaned bedspread. Is this correct? Anyone know for sure?

I have always assumed the beds were completely changed for new guests, including a newly cleaned bedspread. Is this correct? Anyone know for sure?

As a kid my mom always took off the bed spread first thing and never let us sit on it or cover up with it. I don't know the procedure but I know I have gone past rooms in the mist of being cleaned and all the sheets be outside the door and the spread lying on the floor or in the chair of the room. I am not a clean freak but we try to avoid using the bed spread too. My mom by the way also carries those wipes to wipe everything down!

jordan's mom

Bedspreads are not changed between guests in most hotels, including WDW resorts. Only the sheets and pillowcases are changed. I brought Lysol wipes with me on my last trip and wiped things down. It didn't stop me from getting sick, though. I got some stommach thing and spent one afternoon and evening close to the bathroom. Yuck.

I never use the bedspread and I ALWAYS wipe the TV remote control and the telephones.

That's another nice thing about a motorhome--all the germs are ours!

I'm an admitted germophobic! I too carry Clorax wipes, peel the bedspread off, wipe down doorknob, telephone and sinks and toilets. I bring cleaning gloves with me. Wipe out the draws, and the light swithces. and reclean the tub (little daughter takes bathes). I'm in the business.. so I know what doesn't get done.... Bedspreads are changed usually when a guest complains about stains! The rags used in your room to clean your sink, tub and toilet.. did just that all with 1 rag and just cleaned 20 other rooms with the same. YES... reclean your room upon check in... though it may LOOK clean... germs are lurking ALL over!

I lysol the tub & shower, sink, toilet & handle, and door knobs. But you can still get 'germs' from using public facilities at the parks so you'll never know if the room was the culprit or not so WASH THOSE HANDS!! EARLY AND OFTEN!! LOL!

Oh and there's always Purell.....my friend whose hubby had a transplant and has a reduced immune system swears by the stuff.

Do you all wipe down the seat and hand rails in the rides as well????? How about the buses? What about the pools or do you skip them? Or do you only use the ools, (you know the ones without the P)?

LOL, sorry couldn't resist.

I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course!:cool:

The way I figure it, EVERYTHING on this planet has germs on it; the stress of worrying about catching something is just as bad as what I might catch, and guaranteed, besides. As long as I can't see or smell any grunginess, I'm going to assume it's clean.

BTW; I also walk through hotels and airports barefoot!

I was getting so stressed out reading this thread! Considering putting my girls in plastic bubbles in the hotel !!!!

I keep thinking about all those stays in places I never wiped down, and am I a bad mom because of it....stress stress stress....

I too mean that in the nicest way! LOL
:p :p :p

I worked in a daycare for a year and the staff nurse told me once that one of the best things to do is wash your hands BEFORE using the bathroom. Sounds funny and you get some weird looks, but seriously if you think about all the things you have been touching and now you will touch parts you carefully keep covered- EWWWW, I guess there is a lot of infections and germs to be spread that way. It is so ingrained now that I wash my hands before and after using the bathroom. Also, you should get your paper towel before washing your hands and use it to first dry off, then use it to shut off the water. Never thought about it before talking to the nurse, but it guards you against all the people who rinse only and don't use soap- Ewww, what's the point? Also I bring these little soap slivers, they come in a credit card sized case, available at Bath & Body Works, and then you have soap even if the bathroom is out of it. I guess I am really paranoid, WOW, never even realized, LOL:D

Well, now we know who is spreading the germs! LOL

There are germs everywhere and our bodies are resistant to most of them but by washing hands before we eat, and before and after we use the bathroom - which is simply proper hygene - we can prevent many of those germs entering our bodies.

Here's a list of what a simple spray of lysol can kill (and I am not promoting lysol...it works with any disinfectant spray)....would you rather spray or catch these? I'll spray thank you, you can laugh at me all you want. I've had a whole house full of Rotavirus and it's horrible.

Bacteria
- Staph and Strep
- Salmonella
- Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter

Fungi
- Athlete?s Foot Fungus
- Mold and Mildew

Viruses
- Rhinovirus -The leading cause of the common cold
- Rotavirus - The leading cause of infectious diarrhea in children
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) ? The leading cause of lower respiratory infection in children
- Poliovirus Type 1
- Adenovirus Type 2
- Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2
- Hepatitis A

So laugh if you will...I"ll spray!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter