Cleaning Question

There are sponges and then there are sponges IYKWIM ;) :goodvibes :teeth: I personally like sponges that are wrapped with a scrubber outside shell. I am sure the ones they give you at DVC are not that good! The good sponge I have at home is the kind I would run through the dishwasher to sanitize it :wizard:

LisaS said:
I'm a new DVC member and am interested to know what is in your "home away from home kit". I want to put together a list of things to pack (or buy at the grocery store once we get there). Thanks!
The kit does not include a crockpot, and IMO an insufficient supply of sponges. They also do not include a hugger for your Yuengling - pack that first.

WithDisneySpirit said:
There are sponges and then there are sponges IYKWIM ;) :goodvibes :teeth: I personally like sponges that are wrapped with a scrubber outside shell. I am sure the ones they give you at DVC are not that good! The good sponge I have at home is the kind I would run through the dishwasher to sanitize it :wizard:

IDKWYM! I use a dobie sponge at home and another sponge with a scrubber on the back - can't remember what it is.

Like Diane - I have a kitchen/laundry pack that I take to WDW each time. When I get home from one trip - I pack it up for the next trip. So all I have to do is grab and go. I have laundry tablets, unscented dryer sheets, a fold up hamper, "shout" sheets, a little container of (oh i can't remember the name of it but the infomercials drive me crazy) for soaking (saved my white shirt from strawberry stains! and some other small essentials.

I think I will add a throw-away sponge for the kitchen!

Ah - but alas - not a crockpot! I would be over the weight limit on the plane!

It's not a crockpot, but DH wants to take our Cuisinart ice cream machine along for our New Years trip! He thought we could mail it to ourselves the day before we leave. :confused3

dianeschlicht said:
It's not a crockpot, but DH wants to take our Cuisinart ice cream machine along for our New Years trip! He thought we could mail it to ourselves the day before we leave. :confused3

ROFL!!!! :rotfl: Close enough Diane!

dianeschlicht said:

You should give him a sponge as a Chrismas gift and tell him "You'll need this to clean the ice cream machine."

We had one of those 1-side sponge/1-side green scouring pad in our HH studio....I kinda wonder...because are we supposed to wash our paper plates?

We also had a few packs of d/w detergent but no d/w. (They gave us dish soap too.) :confused3

cruise-o-matic said:
We had one of those 1-side sponge/1-side green scouring pad in our HH studio....I kinda wonder...because are we supposed to wash our paper plates?

We also had a few packs of d/w detergent but no d/w. (They gave us dish soap too.) :confused3
Isn't there a coffee maker and some ceramic mugs in all of the DVC studios? You do need some way to wash those if you use them. Can't see any reason for the d/w detergent though! Hope they left you some dishwashing liquid, however.

1. disinfect and deodorize sponges
Soak a dirty sponge in water spiked with white vinegar or lemon juice, then heat it on high for 1 minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter