City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Hi Judy!!! :wave2::wave2::wave2:

She says "Hi!"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I can see myself doing this! (See above post)

:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 Well I really enjoyed it and can't wait to show it to Chris when he gets home!

:yay:

Thank you. We are! Chris is almost home. We will be doing our big family gumbo on Saturday.

Judy bought a big enameled cast iron dutch oven with some Christmas money and has made some good stuff in it already, including a gumbo, which was delish. I'm sure it didn't quite compare to a Louisiana gumbo :rolleyes:, but we liked it.

Oh wait.....I haven't been here in a while. Let me explain. :rotfl: Chris now works oversea's. He has been in Scotland and is about to move the rig to Norway. Perhaps one day DS and I can go see what he see's! I just have to figure out how to travel abroad with a child who has severe food allergies. Hmmmm.....

Oh wow, that's a big change. Hopefully he's been able to sight-see a little bit? Yes, it'd be great if you could visit him and take advantage of the time that he's in these exotic locales. I hope you can work that out. :goodvibes

I've been away for awhile... but I'm all caught up now. Hope you and your family had a great Christmas!

Thank you! We did!

I love the Perry hat bought at DTD! I'm a huge P&F fan... even more so now that my son is starting to watch the show.

I have to admit, it's a pretty good show. :thumbsup2

I hope your parents reconsidered their choice to not use an ECV during the trip, I know that by the end of some days at WDW I wish I could sit and have someone push me around! It's funny that you mentioned the whole issue because it's a conversation with have with my in-laws all the time! We keep telling them to come with us one year and they always say "we can't do all that walking", so we say "we can rent an ECV" and they say "no, no we don't need that" :confused3

I hear ya. But no, they hiked/mosey'd/shuffled along all week long. :faint:

I know, it makes no sense to say both that you can't do all that walking, but don't need an ECV or wheelchair. :confused3

We loved the new Star Wars too, it was very cool! I hope you enjoyed the rest of the day at DHS despite the rain.

We thought it was great. A nice improvement over the old one. :thumbsup2

Just checkin'n and hoping for Judy sightings before next year !!!!!!!

Hi Rosie! I thought about working on one yesterday, but James wanted me to play videogames with him, and how could I say no to that? But maybe we'll have another update before too much more of this year gets past us. :scratchin

Yes, as Glenn said, we moved to AZ. We have had a hard transition - we are pretty sure we are supposed to be here - but we sure do wonder what God's real plan is. We are settling in though, and Jim is looking for a new job - didn't get the one he was promised when he retired early. Not missing the snow, and just had Ryan and fam out for Christmas so that made it a welcome piece of home for sure.

Happy New Year - (sorry to hi-jack, Glennbo :flower3:)

No apology necessary. I'm sorry that the transition hasn't gone more smoothly...I'm hoping that 2013 has good things in store for you. :goodvibes

To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

HappyNewYearDIS_KIP2012_PS_zps2a08e68a.png

Thanks Timmy! I wish you a wonderful (Disney-filled, if possible) 2013 as well!

Happy New Year

happynewyearpooh.gif

Thank you Kathy. Same to you and your family!

Happy New Year Glenn!!!

Thanks Rosie! Happy New Year!!

Glenn, Happy New Year to you and your family!!! party:

Thanks Marv. I wish you and your family a prosperous and joyous New Year also! :)

When I last left you, we were heading through the raindrops to our lunch reservation, which was at 50’s Prime Time Café. For us, it was a choice between that or Sci-Fi Dine In, but with seven of us, we couldn’t have all been seated in a car together at Sci-Fi. Plus, I knew they’d have some good “home cooking” types of things to choose from at 50’s that Poppy would like.

We got to 50’s early, and I couldn’t resist taking a picture of the cast member checking us in, he was so George McFly looking. They had more nerds back in the 50’s.
nerd.gif

IMG_0127.jpg

The kids hadn’t shown up yet, so we waited in the living room.

IMG_6001.jpg

The kids arrived right on time and we were seated shortly thereafter. Cousin Tiffany was our server and was really good. She was attentive and timely whenever we needed something and gave us a nice amount of the grief that they’re famous for at 50’s Prime Time. In fact, she got on my case pretty quickly saying, “Why’re you playing with your walkie talkie at the table?”, when she caught me looking at my iPhone.

IMG_6003.jpg

When Tiffany took our drink orders Poppy ordered a root beer, which the girls thought was pretty funny since that’s what James likes too. (They’re soooo alike!) You may even remember the “More root beer!” chapter from my last trip report. The rest of us got vanilla cokes. They’re such a treat since we can’t find them anywhere else. Judy said that she drank way too many of them.

One thing we discovered is that 50’s Prime Time has discontinued serving sandwiches. We asked Tiffany about that and she said that they recently went to one menu for lunch and dinner. That made the decisions tougher for the girls since they were planning on ordering the sandwich they’d gotten the last time.

Judy ordered some onion rings as an appetizer, remembering how good these were the last time we ate here. And what’s better than an order of onion rings?

IMG_6004.jpg

Two orders of onion rings! (I think Poppy and Gram put one on their order.)

Another time when Tiffany came out I almost spilled my drink, trying to hide my walkie-talkie. The kids thought that was pretty funny.

As we were waiting for our food, some Streetmosphere people came through. They must use the restaurant as their entrance to the park. The last guy stopped to talk to us for a little bit. He said to Lauren, “You’ll make some young man very unhappy someday.” It was hilarious.

IMG_6005.jpg

Then he gave James a fake hundred dollar bill and said, “Here’s a hundred dollars, give it to your driver tonight -- it’s the least you can do.”

IMG_6007.jpg

It was fun to have them come through and joke around.

Then our meals arrived. James wanted to get the fried chicken and we knew the portions were big, so I split it with him. I figured I’d also get some other scraps, here and there…and I was right, Judy gave me some of hers.

IMG_6008.jpg

Judy got the pot roast. This is so good.

IMG_6009.jpg

Poppy’s meatloaf. He likes anything he can put ketchup on. He and Gram shared this.

IMG_6012.jpg

Marlene got “Cousin Barry’s Olive Oil Poached Salmon”. She liked it, and said that the salmon was kind of dry but the mushrooms made up for it -- they were really, really good.

IMG_6013.jpg

We don’t have a picture of Lauren’s meal, and can’t remember what she got, but it was probably one of these dishes or I would have taken a picture of it.

I went with James to the restroom and had to laugh at this sign. I saw them at every park throughout the week. Thank you Brawny, for the hand washing tips.

IMG_0129.jpg

When I got back to the table, a couple of people wanted dessert, so we got two of these brownie sundae things to share. It was a brownie with ice cream, hot fudge, M&M’s, and caramel popcorn.

IMG_6014.jpg

Here’s Marlene and Lauren with their dessert.

IMG_6019.jpg

I tried to take a picture of Poppy and Gram with their dessert, but with nothing in the center of the frame, the camera didn’t focus correctly or get the exposure right.

IMG_6015.jpg

As I was lining up the camera for another try, Tiffany walked by and totally photobombed the shot. I knew she was doing it of course, but Poppy and Gram were totally oblivious. I loved it! And why shouldn’t our cousin be in the picture?

IMG_6017.jpg

I had a couple of bites of the dessert and it was pretty good, as you’d expect from a brownie and ice cream. I didn’t get any popcorn in my bites though -- that was a combo I wasn’t interested in trying.

With that, an enjoyable meal at 50’s Prime Time was behind us and it was time to get back into our ponchos and see what else we could do in the Debby-drenched park.

Up next: More DHS classic rides and attractions
Link to next chapter

Does partial Judy count?? I'm almost sure that's her arm and hand (with the fork in it) in the Pot Roast pic! :hyper:

I think there are more nerds now they just call themselves hipsters ;).

The food does look really good! I don't know about that dessert though, I would probably be hyper for days!

2 Judy's! (Pot Roast picture and Dessert...I think that's her hand on the drink with the first shot of Poppy & Gram)

We love 50s Prime Time. It looks identical to my Aunt & Uncle's kitchen!

2 Judys
1 in the pot roast picture and then with Poppy and Gram eating dessert that is her hand....

Zero Judys - Is that possible?

It is possible, but not this time. And you were first to see the new post too. Drat!

Does partial Judy count?? I'm almost sure that's her arm and hand (with the fork in it) in the Pot Roast pic! :hyper:

Yes, partial Judy's count. You're right, that is her arm and hand in the pot roast pic. But, as Yoda once said, "there is another....".

2 Judy's! (Pot Roast picture and Dessert...I think that's her hand on the drink with the first shot of Poppy & Gram)

2 Judys
1 in the pot roast picture and then with Poppy and Gram eating dessert that is her hand....

Agree..............two Judy's!

Yep, two Judy's! Kelly was first. Congrats Kelly! Good eye. :cheer2:

Updated Scores:
Marvin - 10 Judy-sighting wins, 4 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 3 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Dee - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Dan - 3 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win

I love PTC and that food looks so amazing!

George McFly! :rotfl2: Good One!

I was tempted to rap on his forehead and say, "Hello, McFly. Anybody home?" :laughing:

I think there are more nerds now they just call themselves hipsters ;).

And they've built some of our biggest corporations!

The food does look really good! I don't know about that dessert though, I would probably be hyper for days!

I guess that's the beauty of sharing a dessert with a few teenagers....there's no risk of getting more than a couple of bites.

We love 50s Prime Time. It looks identical to my Aunt & Uncle's kitchen!

Believe me, it's not too far off from Poppy and Gram's either! In fact, I almost put in the post that we had an end table like that 2-tier one that Gram is sitting next to in the "living room" waiting area. Only ours was a blonde veneer, which was probably even more of a 50's fad.

The food at 50's is so good and so hard to choose from! Both the chicken and the pot roast would be my favs! Love how Cousin Tiffany photo bombed your pic :thumbsup2 Sharing dinners and desserts is a perfect idea considering the portion sizes at Disney are so huge!

Looks like a fun lunch! Funny about the waitress photobombing with Poppy and Gram! I've noticed alot of the menus are the same for lunch and dinner, and the prices are the same too - so basically you don't have a lunch menu. So many changes. :(

Popcorn in the ice cream:confused: that just sounds horrid. Sorry.

What a fun update and very good to know (although a bummer) that they've gone to just one menu. That's tough as those are big meal items for lunch, too big for me anyway. We were there in 2009 and it was definitely a different salmon.

Too funny on the meatloaf. Santa brought Evan a Disney Cookbook in his stocking (recipes from WDW, DCL and Adventures by Disney) and he made us the 50's PTC meatloaf for dinner last night!

It was quite tasty. It was pretty funny though, I was looking at it briefly and noted that at the bottom of the page it said MGM Studios! Checked the original printing and yep, 2004. Made me smile as that's when we went there for the first time.

In fact, she got on my case pretty quickly saying, “Why’re you playing with your walkie talkie at the table?”, when she caught me looking at my iPhone.
That's some fancy looking walkie talkie!!! :rotfl::lmao:

Another time when Tiffany came out I almost spilled my drink, trying to hide my walkie-talkie. The kids thought that was pretty funny.
Some people just don't learn the first time... :sad2:

As we were waiting for our food, some Streetmosphere people came through. They must use the restaurant as their entrance to the park.
Wow, I've never heard of this before. Sounds like a fun experience for you guys though!!

I went with James to the restroom and had to laugh at this sign. I saw them at every park throughout the week. Thank you Brawny, for the hand washing tips.
I'm really glad they have those tips there. If they didn't have that helpful information, I might try to dry my hands with soap. :confused3 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

As I was lining up the camera for another try, Tiffany walked by and totally photobombed the shot. I knew she was doing it of course, but Poppy and Gram were totally oblivious. I loved it! And why shouldn’t our cousin be in the picture?
Gotta love having a fun CM serve you! Did she say anything about taking pictures at the table though???

I had a couple of bites of the dessert and it was pretty good, as you’d expect from a brownie and ice cream.
::yes:: One of nature's perfect combinations

I didn’t get any popcorn in my bites though -- that was a combo I wasn’t interested in trying.
I'm kind of with you on that one...:worried:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter