Citricos or Narcoossees for a date night?

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Just looking for opinions on which one is more of a date night dress up vibe in your opinion and has better food

Thanks

We’ve been to both within the last year. I think the atmosphere at Citrico’s is more elegant. We were at Narcoossee’s just after their reopening. It was very pretty but it was pretty loud, even tho we were there at 5:30 I think & it wasn’t full when we arrived. I don’t remember Citrico’s being as loud, even tho the room is much larger. There is more fabric in the room at Citrico’s. Narcoossee’s has a high ceiling & more wood, but a perfect view of the castle. The food was excellent at both. I had the scallops & gnocchi at Narcoossee’s & I already have an ADR for July to have it again. We saw folks more dressed up & folks in park attire at both. I don’t think you can go wrong at either one. Maybe see which menu appeals to you more.

Hi!

Just looking for opinions on which one is more of a date night dress up vibe in your opinion and has better food

Thanks
Wow - really difficult choice. Fortunately there is no wrong answer.

We are local and do date nights regularly. We've been to both of these in the past few months. Both have been really great experiences. I'd rate Citrico as a bit more "fancy" or perhaps refined would be a better description. But that's a marginal call. It's hard to compete with the view from Narcoossees.

Flip a coin?

I’m struggling to choose between these two as well I think it will come down to I prefer the reservation time I’m able to get at Citricos and I’ve never been. I’ve heard Citricos filet mignon is outstanding

I’m struggling to choose between these two as well I think it will come down to I prefer the reservation time I’m able to get at Citricos and I’ve never been. I’ve heard Citricos filet mignon is outstanding
I had the filet in January and thought it wasn't worth the hype. It was really soft / tender meat but barely any flavor - and I am a steak fiend!!!

I'm just home from our vacation, and went to Citricos, we are regulars there now every year. Wow, their filet mignon is truly to die for. I don't know if I'd call it fancier that Narcooses, its very nice though.

100% Cítricos no doubt about it. Both are good, but people show up in shorts at Narcoossee's and leave the table during fireworks while Cítricos is next to Victoria & Alberts and much more elegant.​

We went to Narcoossee’s for the first time a couple of weeks ago thinking it was an upscale restaurant. It doesn’t have that vibe at all and seems to lean more on the casual side. Food was phenomenal, though!

The food at both places is really good but Citricos is much more Fine Dining, we went there last Jukly for our Anniversary dinner and it was great !!!

Look at each menu and pic. Both will be good for a date night. Citricos is fancier but I still think narcoossee’s is a good date place. That was the bar my wife and myself hung out in when we were dating and down here.

Last edited:
I had the filet in January and thought it wasn't worth the hype. It was really soft / tender meat but barely any flavor - and I am a steak fiend!!!
It’s cause the signatures don’t get to “grocery shop” where they want to anymore like pre covid. Everything is coming from central location anymore. I have been saying this since our last 2 trips. Steaks have lost their identity. We talked with a manager of a signature last night and he confirmed that is the case which is sad. All the food is going to eventually gel into the same feel I think. I hope not but I think it’s going to happen.

If you order a steak from citricos, Narcoossee, flying fish, Jiko, and topalino they all look identical. Same thickness cut and size. Never was that way minus topalino cause it’s new but you know what I mean. They are just prepared different. When I make steak at home if it’s the same cut say a fillet I buy different thickness and size or portion based on how I might be cooking it. That’s what made the signatures really good. They are had a very very distinct identity. They still do but not in the red meat area. I’m branching out more. I had fish last night which was excellent.

It’s cause the signatures don’t get to “grocery shop” where they want to anymore like pre covid. Everything is coming from central location anymore. I have been saying this since our last 2 trips. Steaks have lost their identity. We talked with a manager of a signature last night and he confirmed that is the case which is sad. All the food is going to eventually gel into the same feel I think. I hope not but I think it’s going to happen.

If you order a steak from citricos, Narcoossee, flying fish, Jiko, and topalino they all look identical. Same thickness cut and size. Never was that way minus topalino cause it’s new but you know what I mean. They are just prepared different. When I make steak at home if it’s the same cut say a fillet I buy different thickness and size or portion based on how I might be cooking it. That’s what made the signatures really good. They are had a very very distinct identity. They still do but not in the red meat area. I’m branching out more. I had fish last night which was excellent.
This is what I assumed. I'm absolutely a foodie so I know I have higher standards than most. I think I can get a better steak at Whole Foods and make it better than Disney.

My friend ordered the fish of the day the night we went and it was nearly inedible.

I just don't understand the good review of Citricos - it was the worst Disney dining experience I've had.

This is what I assumed. I'm absolutely a foodie so I know I have higher standards than most. I think I can get a better steak at Whole Foods and make it better than Disney.

My friend ordered the fish of the day the night we went and it was nearly inedible.

I just don't understand the good review of Citricos - it was the worst Disney dining experience I've had.

You answered your own question lol. The vast majority of folks going to Disney aren't into food to that extent. But then there's always the chance you could have gone on an off night. Everyone raves about Tiffins for instance and it was a one and done for me with dry, inedible chicken and a server who treated me like a burden because of my food allergy--something I've never experienced at a Disney owned and operated restaurant before or since. I had a better meal at Satu'li Canteen earlier (and thank goodness I did, because I'd have starved).

You answered your own question lol. The vast majority of folks going to Disney aren't into food to that extent. But then there's always the chance you could have gone on an off night. Everyone raves about Tiffins for instance and it was a one and done for me with dry, inedible chicken and a server who treated me like a burden because of my food allergy--something I've never experienced at a Disney owned and operated restaurant before or since. I had a better meal at Satu'li Canteen earlier (and thank goodness I did, because I'd have starved).
Ugh. To be fair, Satu'li Canteen is better than Chipotle so that's a high bar. It's really good food, esp for a theme park!

Let me back up here a bit.

The signatures are still very good I feel. My meals past 3 trips have been good hunters not like pre covid. Flying fish was great other night. Fish was awesome. Il Mulino last night was great.

My biggest gripe is the dumbing down of them I think. In the red meat department.

We cook a lot at home. A lot. My wife rivals my mom at this point. lol. I cook a lot. We are fortunate enough that I have local ranches I can get my red meat and pork from. A local chicken farm who raises turkey and chicken with not crap in them.

We love to cook but when I’m down here I look forward to my dinners. They just don’t deliver like they used to. They r good but not great. We have not had any meals where we were like “what was that”. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!