Citricos or California Grill??

Pocahantas

DIS Veteran
Looking to add one more resturant to our list for October. Both Citricos and California Grill are available for our date but I don't know which to choose. We have eaten at California Grill a couple of times and love it but would also like to try Citricos since we have never been there. Which would you choose???

Citricos is fine, but I much prefer the atmosphere and menu at Cali Grill.

I have eaten at both at least 3 times and I would say that Ca Grill beat Citrico's each time. Citrico's is quieter but the food at Ca Grill is much better and the menu has a greater variety.

I've been to CG enough times now, that I sympathize with your wanting to try something new. Every time I pass Citrico's in the GF, I think, wow, what a pretty restaurant, and I want to eat there.

I think I'd go with Citrico's, but start another thread and ask for precise menu suggestions. And then ask your server what's good.

I like the atmosphere better at California Grill, and the service too. As far as the food goes it was very good at both locations, except I was dissapointed with the dessert at Citricos. My all-time favorite appetizer at the moment though is the gateau of crab at Citricos, (I'm not sure that I spelled that right.) The service seemed kind of stuffy at Citricos as well.

That all being said, if you've never been to Citricos, I'd go there.

Citricos. We found Cali Grill to be overcrowding, loud, and rather looong...the food was great, but Citricos was just more enjoyable.

Well, we ended up picking Cali Grill because they had a late ADR time available that would allow us to see HalloWishes during dinner :cloud9:!! We just couldn't pass that up. We'll just have to try Citricos another day.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

If you want Wishes and to try something different I'd suggest Narcoossee's at GF. It wasn't one of your original choices so I stayed silent, but now I can't hold it in anymore! We had an outstanding experience there at the end of August for an arrival night dinner.

- Birthday button was ready and presented to my nephew (6yo bday)
- Menu was personalized "Happy 6th Birthday Zeke"
- I had our ressie noted, but did not request anything, nephew kept asking how'd they do that? Disney magic baby :thumbsup2
- Meals and service were fantastic, substituted scallops for turf in surf and turf, our server would say yes before we could complete the request!
- Saw not only Wishes, but Electric Water Parade from the restaurant or deck

Check the menu for your own preferences and search the board, you'll find a lot of positive comments on this one. Our menu recommendations: YOAMD Cheesecake dessert(taste and presentation), scallops, crab cakes, (lobster is a given to be good there).

Sorry if you have already checked this ADR off your things to do list. It was so good I just had to put it on the table! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter