Cirque did Soleil refund?

Mickeynutty

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to get a refund for some Disney Cirque tickets canceled due to the virus. I have called Disney who referred me to Orlando Cirque who gave me an email. So far, no response.

Is anyone else trying to get a refund? Thanks.

I called their number and the recording said phone lines are closed and to email them. I still haven’t heard anything. Glad to hear your refunds went through!

Did you get an email from Cirque du Soleil? Mine said:

“As the performance you purchased has been postponed, we are encouraging you to keep your tickets and contact us to exchange them for a future date.

“All tickets that are not exchanged will be automatically refunded within 30 days of the performance.”

So, assuming you purchased the tickets online through the Cirque website, even if you can’t get in touch with them, you should receive a refund, though it sounds like it will take a while. I had tickets for tonight’s performance, so I’ll sit tight to see if I get the refund.

I too received that email. Our 30 days is in 3 weeks and 2 days so I am hoping that I get the refund before the powers that be decide our show can happen...because we definitely do not want to do this at this time.

Did you get an email from Cirque du Soleil? Mine said:

“As the performance you purchased has been postponed, we are encouraging you to keep your tickets and contact us to exchange them for a future date.

“All tickets that are not exchanged will be automatically refunded within 30 days of the performance.”

So, assuming you purchased the tickets online through the Cirque website, even if you can’t get in touch with them, you should receive a refund, though it sounds like it will take a while. I had tickets for tonight’s performance, so I’ll sit tight to see if I get the refund.
Got the same message - after many phone calls and emails to both Cirque and Disney, and not very good customer support from either. Our tickets are for May 27.

I called their number and the recording said phone lines are closed
I'm not sure what number you have called but try this one: (855) 473-7783 It is the one listed on the disney website. I called yesterday to find out options for a trip we changed. Some one answered right away. My in-laws who purchased the tickets called and were told for our situation with July tickets to wait because if the show is cancelled we will get a refund, but if not we would be able to move them to our November trip. But it does sound like no refund at this point unless the show is cancelled

I'm not sure what number you have called but try this one: (855) 473-7783 It is the one listed on the disney website. I called yesterday to find out options for a trip we changed. Some one answered right away. My in-laws who purchased the tickets called and were told for our situation with July tickets to wait because if the show is cancelled we will get a refund, but if not we would be able to move them to our November trip. But it does sound like no refund at this point unless the show is cancelled

Thanks, everyone and thank you for the above phone number. That is not the number Disney gave me to call. I will try calling the 855 number and see what happens!

I just got off the phone with a Cirque representative by calling the 855 number. She was very helpful and said it is really Disney’s responsibility to approve the refund. She said they have not gotten approval for any refunds past April 30 but now that it’s May, and our tickets were for May 1st, she is going to put in the request for a refund. She said it will probably take three weeks. It’s a little annoying that I’ve had to make three phone calls and an email to get this far but I certainly understand these are difficult times. Thank you for your help!

I have called Disney who referred me to Orlando Cirque who gave me an email. So far, no response.
Start tweeting your problem @cirque, and someone should notice.

The Orlando offices are probably understaffed or whoever is supposed to be monitoring the email hasn't been deemed essential enough. You're gonna have to be a squeaky wheel for this one.

What is the latest refund being done now?
My guess is that they are handling it as each day passes and shows are officially cancelled. They are not providing refunds until the shows have been cancelled was the information I received when i called. We are waiting in July 7th tickets - Your option if the show hasn't been cancelled is to reschedule to a later date.

I can't imagine with social distancing and limited capacity that we will see any shows happening until later in the year.

Here is the email Cirque sent out if your performance was affected...my performance date was supposed to be for tonight so we'll see how long it takes for me to get a refund.

Dear Cirque du Soleil Guest,

In light of current events, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is temporarily suspending the preview performances of Drawn to Life at Disney Springs. This action follows the postponement of numerous Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group shows worldwide in recent days and takes into consideration the most current recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the escalation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

From the very beginning of the new coronavirus outbreak, the Group took rigorous measures to protect its work teams and the public. Our priority has always been, and remains, the health and safety of our artists, our partners, our employees and our audiences. We will continue to monitor and assess the situation to determine when the show previews will start.

As the performance you purchased has been postponed, we are encouraging you to keep your tickets and contact us to exchange them for a future date.

All tickets that are not exchanged will be automatically refunded within 30 days of the performance.

If you have any questions about Cirque du Soleil resident shows, including Drawn to Life, please write to lasvegas.customerservice@cirquedusoleil.com

We appreciate your support and thank you kindly for your understanding.

Cirque du Soleil
Your Drawn to Life customer experience team

First available performance to purchase is now July 1st. Appears all June dates will be cancelled.

OP here. I am so frustrated! Our cancelled performance was at the end of April and I STILL have not gotten a refund or been contacted by Cirque. I have called 3 times and sent 2 emails since mid April and no refund. I am trying to be patient but honestly, this is starting to feel like they are not going to refund our tickets!!

OP here. I am so frustrated! Our cancelled performance was at the end of April and I STILL have not gotten a refund or been contacted by Cirque. I have called 3 times and sent 2 emails since mid April and no refund. I am trying to be patient but honestly, this is starting to feel like they are not going to refund our tickets!!
Our cancelled performance was mid-April, and I was refunded last week.

I have emailed them 5 times now about a refund! I Keep getting a brushed off email response - of we are busy and working on refunds day by day! I get that our tickets were for May 19th! However, it's obvious these shows have been cancelled so they should just refund!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter