Cinderella's Royal Table - Is it worth it?

Sorry - I should have clarified. By 'Good Food' I meant, "Doesn't upset my stomach / make me sick." Maybe a lowest common denominator of 'good food'. I've never been to a Six Flags, had a meal, and it didn't screw with my stomach afterwards. I just stopped eating there after a few times with that years ago. To be fair, they may have changed - I don't want to take that chance, though. We always leave, go take a break at a Wendys or something, and then head back in.

As far as Dollywood. It's OK food (to me) as far as taste goes. It doesn't make me sick, though. Never has.

One other comment on Six Flags / Disney World: I hadn't been to Disney since 1997 (Disneyland) and hadn't been to WDW up until 3 weeks ago since 1990. I had been to various Six Flags plenty of times and other local amusement parks and Dollywood, of course.

A couple of things I noticed / thought about while at WDW:

- Wow is that park nicely kept! It really is.

- Six Flags, by comparison, look pretty bad. Overflowing trash cans, random cups and other trash no where near the trash cans, things needing painting, kind of poor landscaping. They've tried to clean it up somewhat recently but I just stopped going (used to be a regular Season Pass holder). The price kept going up and they'd add a new coaster every so often but the basics of the park (paint, trash, landscaping, etc.) kept being ignored.

- Dollywood, by comparison, while not quite up to par with the Magic Kingdom, is a very nice park. Clean and well-kept. I always enjoy going up there.

- My one bad comment about Disney: The kids. There were a lot of obnoxious kids there when I went 3 weeks ago. My only guess is that maybe Disney appeals to the more affluent crowd and these folks have both parents working and no one is disciplining the kids or they've signed off on some 'positive reinforcement'-crap (like if the kids are bad they only get 1 slice of cake). It's just a guess, I don't really know. It also could have just been one of those odd days where families with jerk kids all descended upon Disney. Obviously, not every single one of them, enough to where it was quite noticable compared to kids in other parks. Basically, there were a bunch of kids just being little jerks. I hadn't noticed that in the any other parks I had visited. You get the odd kid or teenager being a jerk every so often, but not quite in those numbers.

The parents (when they were around - it was odd that sometimes they were completely absent) would discipline these jerk-kids with, effectively, "If you don't stop doing that I'm going to tell you again not to do it.." (repeat again and again).

I hope you enjoy CRT! I'm sure you've found this in your research but dinner does not have all of the princess characters visiting the tables. ( Just the Fairy Godmother I think. ) So your group should enjoy it!

I hope you haven't opened yourself up for flaming with the comments on kid behavior in the parks! People have some very strong feelings on that! I would recommend less time in MK for y'all & more time in Epcot & MGM. More adult oriented attractions. Hope you have a good trip!

I hope you enjoy CRT! I'm sure you've found this in your research but dinner does not have all of the princess characters visiting the tables. ( Just the Fairy Godmother I think. ) So your group should enjoy it!

I think that works to our favor.

I hope you haven't opened yourself up for flaming with the comments on kid behavior in the parks! People have some very strong feelings on that! I would recommend less time in MK for y'all & more time in Epcot & MGM. More adult oriented attractions. Hope you have a good trip!

We'll see. I didn't call anyone's kid on this board, in particular, a jerk - just that the percentage of obnoxious kids seems to be noticably higher at WDW compared with other theme/amusement parks.

I think that works to our favor.

We'll see. I didn't call anyone's kid on this board, in particular, a jerk - just that the percentage of obnoxious kids seems to be noticably higher at WDW compared with other theme/amusement parks.

I get it! But every time children's behavior in DW is mentioned things seem to get ugly! Just a friendly head's up! :goodvibes ( I've noticed it too, but not just in WDW but everywhere we go. )

I hope that you enjoy your meal. We went there for breakfast on our trip last week. Let me just start out by saying I'm 23, but was still looking forward to eating in the castle and meeting princesses.

Our breakfast food was very plentiful and I thought had pretty good variety. There was a breakfast potato casserole-type dish that we all enjoyed. The pastries were your normal, sweet breakfast pastries, the eggs were cooked well and were hot and fresh as were the sausages. The service was very good as well. All 3 of us had plenty of food to tide us over well into lunch time and really enjoyed the ambiance of the castle. Was it mind-blowing gourmet food? No. But it was very tasty.

As to the types of people in attendance, probably 70% of those there were families with children. Of that group, maybe 1/3 of the little girls were decked out in princess attire. The princesses made their rounds quickly and efficiently and didn't interfere with our dining. We enjoyed their visits to the table and they all signed a congratulatory card for my parents' anniversary.

I would definitely recommend a meal in the castle, at least for breakfast and certainly plan to do it again. I can't speak to the lunch or dinner meals.

Serene....looks like you are leaving the day before me!!!

I'm SO EXCITED!!! Can't WAIT!!!!!! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

Serene....looks like you are leaving the day before me!!!

I'm SO EXCITED!!! Can't WAIT!!!!!! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

Oh my goodness, I am so excited I can't stand myself! :rotfl:

If it was not for the Disney boards I would have died of overexcitement by now, seriously! :woohoo: :love: :cloud9:

I get it! But every time children's behavior in DW is mentioned things seem to get ugly! Just a friendly head's up! :goodvibes ( I've noticed it too, but not just in WDW but everywhere we go. )

Oh, wasn't trying to pick on you there.

I'm really ok with kids, in general. Maybe I hit an off day. Some of them were driving me up the wall there. I just happened to notice it was more prevalent than other places. Screaming babies don't even bother me. Kids clowing around - no problems. It's when the kids are out of control and parents do nothing.

As far as the families at CRT. I'm not saying adults only or anything like that. It's just that, with the obnoxious kids bouncing off the walls on my last visit plus the whole appeal and expense of CRT - well, I'm really hoping the two don't mix (I hope the obnoxious kids stay outside).

There were kids / families at the Blue Bayou years ago, too. No problems.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the trip. With my kids age this is likely the last time we'll all be going together. We're staying at the Contemporary (always wanted to - up until this trip I was always a "stay at the HoJo down the road"-kind of guy) and I was trying to give them something that would stick with them. It's kind of a last get-together as a family blow-out. It's possible we'll do another trip together before my oldest goes on to start her own family but there aren't that many years left.

I don't think I've ever thought the food itself was worth it, but we don't really don't go to Disney restaurants for the food, least of all the castle. It's neat to go in there at least once - and we had a lot of fun! Enjoy your meal!!!

We just ate at the castle a couple weeks ago and probably would not have and won't again unless we are on the dining plan...

We did have a later dinner so we were in the castle when the fireworks were going off...and it was a neat experience...I was not impressed with the food, service was very good.

The best meal I had at Disney was the Liberty Tree Taverns Liberty PotRoast...and their apple tart...I would take some of that right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter