Cinderella Wrist Watch, 45-50 yrs old?

tnhillbilly

Mouseketeer
Folks I need some help. This is my mothers watch. She has the box, slipper, and watch. The band has been replaced; it came with a blue ribbon type of band. Has anyone ever seen one like it or does anyone know someone that has one. It has no date on the box or the watch, the box has seen better days. The box has water damage, fading, and rough corners on it. She thinks she got it about 45 or 50 years ago. If anyone has any questions about it just ask and I will try to tell you as much as I know.
Copyof100_1119.jpg

Copyof100_1120.jpg

side

Copyof100_1118.jpg

side

Copyof100_1117.jpg

side

Copyof100_1116.jpg

on 2 sides

Copyof100_1115.jpg

top of box

It is very interesting... It would be worth a lot more to a collector if the band was intact... But it is still very cool. I know someone who collects watches I wil ask her to look at it as well.

Thanks Nat,
I talked to her today about it, and she got it in 54 or 55. I had never seen anything about one on the boards. I could not believe she still had the slipper and box. I wonder how many of those are still around.

I checked out a new book at the library last night it's called "Offical price guide to Disney collectibles" and it has a picture of a cinderella watch with the slipper but a different box made in1950, it says it also came in a rectangular box, with either of the boxes with a name on the dial 100,300,600 or if it has her portrait on the dial, 115, 330, 620 Hope this helps. I have a cinderella watch from the 70's but the band is gone and I didn't save the figure that came with it. this is a really neat book. :sunny:

we3disneygo,
Thank you for the reply and information. The dial is a body shot down to about her knees. There is something on the dress above the 6 but it is does not look like numbers. I got out the magnifying glass as soon as I read your reply and looked at the dial a little closer, none of what is there is the same number? Or letter? As in they all are different shapes. I am going to the library tomorrow and see if I can find anything else on it. I never thought of going there or looking under “value” of things. I know it is old but never thought much about value in dollars, just memories. You have me wandering now.
And thanks again, there for a while I did not thing I was going to get any replies.

the picture of the watch in the book looks just like your watch, except the box is different the numbers were how much the watch was worth-sorry for any confusion--so if you have the watch with just the name cinderella on it it would be worth 100.00, 300.00,or 600.00 and if it has a portrait on the dial with the box it would be worth 115.00, 330.00, and 620.00. hope this helps the authors name of the book i checked out is Ted Hake ISBN#0-375-72129-0 maybe you can get it at your library-it's a beautiful watch. the book was really interesting because it gives the year each item came out....have a magical day :wizard:

I don't like to get involved with discussions of Disney watches- I just don't know much about them. I will offer what I can.

My wife has an almost identical watch and packaging, but the bezel on hers is chrome, not blue paint (or plastic?). It has the original light blue (woven nylon?) band that is now age colored, with brass grommets for the buckle to secure. I've seen the same watch with an identical band, but pink. The printing above the "6" on the watch face says- c. W D P. The price of the watch back then was $6.95 and some examples still have the gold foil price tag on the band.

The original Cinderella watch first appeared in 1950, but my wifes watch is from 1957. That may have been old store stock at the time. It was made by U.S. Time, and the logo should be found very lightly stamped on the back of the watch, but nowhere else on the packaging. Hers has a gold cardboard insole in the slipper. There was also a round version of the box, with similar but slightly different graphics. Not sure what year.

I don't think the "slipper" package was sold much beyond 1957. In 1958, Ingersoll/U.S. Time began selling Disney character watches with ceramic or plastic figurines of the characters. Not sure, but I think the watch bands were made of colored, smooth plastic.

In the past five years or so, Disney watch values have really taken the gas pipe. I've talked to several collectors that all say the same thing, BUT, it can be a very good time to buy! The newest value guide I can find is from Tomart update from 1994... in the box $250-350. I don't know when Ted Hake published his price guide, but maybe it was before 2001 or so, when watches were still getting good prices? If there were a totally mint example offered for sale, maybe a wealthy collector would be willing to pay $620. Also, Ted runs auctions of collectibles so I would think he would have a tendency to price things high and ignore recent market down-trends to protect himself and his business. I've known Ted for many years and he is an honorable man.

I'd offer that in todays market, without the original band and worn packaging, I am guessing your watch might get $100. But like I said up front, I am not an expert on Disney watches. For a real assessment of value, keep your eye on eBay to see what people are paying. Sooner or later, you'll see one just like yours.

The book I am refering to was published in Sept. 2005, it's a first edition. I see in the front of the book he has many other books that are out of print.

flyinglizard said:
I don't like to get involved with discussions of Disney watches- I just don't know much about them. I will offer what I can.

My wife has an almost identical watch and packaging, but the bezel on hers is chrome, not blue paint (or plastic?). It has the original light blue (woven nylon?) band that is now age colored, with brass grommets for the buckle to secure. I've seen the same watch with an identical band, but pink. The printing above the "6" on the watch face says- c. W D P. The price of the watch back then was $6.95 and some examples still have the gold foil price tag on the band.

The original Cinderella watch first appeared in 1950, but my wifes watch is from 1957. That may have been old store stock at the time. It was made by U.S. Time, and the logo should be found very lightly stamped on the back of the watch, but nowhere else on the packaging. Hers has a gold cardboard insole in the slipper. There was also a round version of the box, with similar but slightly different graphics. Not sure what year.

I don't think the "slipper" package was sold much beyond 1957. In 1958, Ingersoll/U.S. Time began selling Disney character watches with ceramic or plastic figurines of the characters. Not sure, but I think the watch bands were made of colored, smooth plastic.

In the past five years or so, Disney watch values have really taken the gas pipe. I've talked to several collectors that all say the same thing, BUT, it can be a very good time to buy! The newest value guide I can find is from Tomart update from 1994... in the box $250-350. I don't know when Ted Hake published his price guide, but maybe it was before 2001 or so, when watches were still getting good prices? If there were a totally mint example offered for sale, maybe a wealthy collector would be willing to pay $620. Also, Ted runs auctions of collectibles so I would think he would have a tendency to price things high and ignore recent market down-trends to protect himself and his business. I've known Ted for many years and he is an honorable man.

I'd offer that in todays market, without the original band and worn packaging, I am guessing your watch might get $100. But like I said up front, I am not an expert on Disney watches. For a real assessment of value, keep your eye on eBay to see what people are paying. Sooner or later, you'll see one just like yours.

Thank you for all the information about the watch. You have given me more information about how it came and was packaged. Information about the watch and packaging, time frame, things people knew about it was what I was looking for and it looks like I have fount some people, finally. I had not every talked to anyone else that had a watch like it.
Thanks also for the value. The thing is my mother and father grew up poor, real poor so this was a big thing for her to have gotten and that is why she still had the box and slipper. I would not mean much to other people but it was something special to her.

we3disneygo said:
The book I am refering to was published in Sept. 2005, it's a first edition. I see in the front of the book he has many other books that are out of print.
I was not able to find the book at the local one so I am going to the one in town today. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter