Christmas Weather 2023: A Warm One?

What is your preferred Christmas Weather?

• Sunny/Warm

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Sunny/Cold

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Snowy (I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!)

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Cloudy/Rainy

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I don't care what the weather is, it's Christmas!

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

MGMmjl

DIS Veteran
Since my degree is in meteorology, I keep up with the weather on a regular basis. I was looking at the NOAA Climate Prediction Center Outlook out to Christmas Day, and it looks like the period from December 19-25 could be warmer than normal for a vast majority of the United States. I'll keep an eye on that map and forecasts to see how it changes in the days ahead.

But, if you could pick, what would be your preferred Christmas weather? I would personally like a White Christmas, but I live in Alabama, so that is extremely unlikely. We did have one back in 2010, and that was really neat. Maybe I'll see at least one more in my lifetime!

1702400940369.png

With all my sons and family traveling to get "home" for Christmas bring on the nicer driving weather. But back in the day....I always wanted snow for Christmas. :santa:

Being in Florida, the best I can hope for is cool/cold. I loved the cold snap last Christmas.

That was a big cold snap last year. It got cold enough here in Alabama for some busted water pipes. Thankfully, everything was good at our house.

I remember Christmas 2010. We were driving from Illinois to spend the week between Christmas & New Years at WDW and it was snowing almost all the way down, even in Atlanta! I was disappointed that it was "much colder than normal" in Orlando... so much for my warmer Christmas vacation!! :goodvibes However, I do like a snowy Christmas. Last year, though, was crazy cold. I'm glad that's not repeating just yet.

I remember Christmas 2010. We were driving from Illinois to spend the week between Christmas & New Years at WDW and it was snowing almost all the way down, even in Atlanta! I was disappointed that it was "much colder than normal" in Orlando... so much for my warmer Christmas vacation!! :goodvibes However, I do like a snowy Christmas. Last year, though, was crazy cold. I'm glad that's not repeating just yet.
I remember that one too. My mom had passed away in November so Dad and I went to Disney. It was so cold to be outdoors at night. We must have consumed a gallon of hot chocolate looking at the Osbourn Lights.

I always wish for a white Christmas, but it only happens every 5-8 years it seems. Last year was ridiculously cold and we did have snow.

Sunny/Warm to hot for me. I've lived up north and had the whole white Christmas and had it in Albuquerque as well. Nope, this Georgia girl wants warmth and lots of it. I was at WDW last week and I was cold most days and all the nights. One night(I think it was Tues), I was all bundled up with a heavier jacket, my hood up and a scarf. Most people had on just jackets. I was still cold. Right now it's sunny and 48 here and I'm wearing my flannel and have my heaviest throw blanket on me. Pretty sure it will be warm for us since we are going to south Georgia for Christmas to visit hubby's family.

I am in Arizona, so cool is what I want....rain is good too.
Too many years in snow. I don't care if I ever see it again.

I don't mind a little snow on the ground for Christmas, but I'm good with whatever, as long as there's no travel problems.

Last year we went away the week before Christmas, travelling home on the 23rd, which ended up being one heck of a journey given the ice storm that blanketed half the country. Hopefully, we never have to do that again (not that we're travelling this year during the holidays).

Sunny and relatively warm works for me.

I think it was 2015 when we had a “heat wave” at Christmas. Three straight days in the low to mid 70s. One of those days was the record high temperature for all of December in my area.

In the mid-Atlantic region I only remember about 5 or 6 White Christmases.

Since my degree is in meteorology, I keep up with the weather on a regular basis. I was looking at the NOAA Climate Prediction Center Outlook out to Christmas Day, and it looks like the period from December 19-25 could be warmer than normal for a vast majority of the United States. I'll keep an eye on that map and forecasts to see how it changes in the days ahead.

But, if you could pick, what would be your preferred Christmas weather? I would personally like a White Christmas, but I live in Alabama, so that is extremely unlikely. We did have one back in 2010, and that was really neat. Maybe I'll see at least one more in my lifetime!

View attachment 817301

The latest outlook still shows a high likelihood of above normal temperatures around Christmas across most of the country. A lot of red on the map!:

1702474760592.png

May be the opposite of last Christmas in many areas!

Philadelphia could use some warm weather, what with the Eagles gone cold getting blown away by Dallas and San Francisco.

We live Houston area, so our definition of cold is quite different than areas with real winter. Snow, "real" cold, and ice create chaos here, so 40s-50s and sunny (or even overcast) would be our ideal. I am hoping that forecast map comes to fruition. We're supposed to drive to Lawrence, KS and back just before Christmas and the last thing I want is winter weather conditions.

We'll be in WDW Christmas week but the cooler the better! Sunny is nice too but no rain, please! Our first December trip we went and it rained every day and not just a summer shower. RAINED ALL DAY! Until the day we were leaving. :mad: Was told by many it was unusual for Florida that time of year. :sad2: Now, if I were spending Christmas at home in New England then I'd choose "Snowy" and lots of it.

Last edited:
Let's just say I'm less Winter Wonderland and more Mele Kalikimaka. ;)

I love the imagery of a white wintry Christmas, but actually BEING in one? No. I hate the cold. It only gets down to the 30s and 40s here, no snow ever, still too cold for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter