Christmas trip..help need opinions

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
We are thinking about going to WDW for Christmas from 12/20-27. Is it worth going to Disney at this time, due to the crowds, and I believe shorter hours. We are thinking about only doing the parks for 4, maybe 5 days. We have tickets from Charley that have to be used up by the end of that month. I really want to see the resorts decorated also, but this will be a budget trip because of other vacations planned before this. We will probably stay in a value(never stayed in one before, would like to see what it's like) or mod. Do the values decorate the resorts. Mods? Which would you recommend. How are the crowds at this time. We've only gone in August. TYIA

We went from 2/20 to 2/24 one year and it was great. My parents actually surprised my brothers and I (so embarassing since I was senior in high school and had no clue!). There was minimal planning - they had gotten the Candlelight Dinner Package, but Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was sold out.

The crowds were not bad at all (although I'm sure on those days after Christmas it will be much more crowded). That being said, you have to go with the mindset of seeing Christmas at Disney, not necessarily the rides. Visit the resorts (they're great), go see the Country Bear Jamboree Christmas Show, watch the Christmas parade (even if your kids are older), see the Christmas shows, go visit the Santas from around the world at World Showcase.

You can't beat Christmas at Disney.

BTW, I think a four or five day pass would be appropriate. Relax and enjoy.

RyMickey

If you have been to WDW in august, then I would think the crowds would be nearly the same. Christmas week is very crowded, but if you go with the intention of "being at Disney at Christmas" and planning to relax and enjoy, you will have a great time. Not to mention the weather is soooo much better. :cool1: it really is a beautiful time of year.

We are usually there right before Christmas-- last year we stayed Dec 17-26.

If you can get there a little earlier (by the 19th) your hotel room will be significantly cheaper because you'll start your stay in Value Season. If you check in on the 20th, expect to pay peak rates. We got Pop Century last year for $49 a night (with AP pass)

Pop Century is really nicely decorated during Christmas. As for hte mods, I would imagine Port Orleans is pretty festive because it doesn't have a "tropical" theme like the others...

The crowds aren't bad at all until you get to the 24th-25th, but even then they're still manageable. Avoid the MK on Christmas Day, and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter