Christmas Shopping 2010

Just wanted to let everyone know looking for Monster High dolls, I went into Justice yesterday and they had ALL the dolls. My daughter was with me but she has no interest in them. She is much more the crafty person but I just wanted to let all of you that have been looking for them that you might want to check there.:):)

Some gift cards and I am DONE!!

Yay!!

That includes my son's birthday gifts in December too.
:)
:banana:

I need to buy a PS3 card for my son (he downloads songs for his Rock Band game), and a bunch of Jack in the Box gift cards for family members. And that's it!

Just ordered something else for DS *goodness he's hard to shop for - he does want a Kindle *I need to find a good deal.

I purchased the Spy Net Night Vision Infrared Stealth Binoculars from Amazon.

Any deals on Kindles or the like....?

DS8 wants a basketball hoop. Both Sports Authority and K-mart have a good price. Is it totally ridiculous to buy one in the winter in Chicago?

DS8 wants a basketball hoop. Both Sports Authority and K-mart have a good price. Is it totally ridiculous to buy one in the winter in Chicago?

It's not totally ridiculous if that is what he really wants :) You can bundle up and go shoot hoops. We live in TN (so we have a much milder winter) but I know plenty of people who get trampolines during the holiday sales and their kids suit up in coveralls and a coat and bounce away!

I had said I was going to wait on the eReaders for my oldest 2 DD's but I am now thinking I should get them. Does anyone know if the Nextbook that HSN has will be a descent one? What is the big difference in it, the kindle and the original Nook?

We got our niece and nephew baseball gloves and a skateboard a couple years ago, and they live in Calgary. I think it's nice to give outdoor toys, even if you can't use them right away. He'll probably get enough other stuff to occupy him, you might save some money buying it in the off-season, and he'll have a new toy when the weather gets warmer. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to let everyone know looking for Monster High dolls, I went into Justice yesterday and they had ALL the dolls. My daughter was with me but she has no interest in them. She is much more the crafty person but I just wanted to let all of you that have been looking for them that you might want to check there.:):)

I think they are online as well for those looking. We're getting that all setup on our end shortly, but, go get 'em everyone. 3 dolls, 1 cool tote.

Just ordered something else for DS *goodness he's hard to shop for - he does want a Kindle *I need to find a good deal.

I purchased the Spy Net Night Vision Infrared Stealth Binoculars from Amazon.

Any deals on Kindles or the like....?

Deals on kindle? That's sort of like a deal on apple :)

They don't need to so, they typically dont... But....

Amazon is CRAZY for black friday. CRAZY. They go all out. So, they might maybe throw in an extra trinket of some sort. Might make sense to wait a few days. I think if anything, the cheapest (WIFI only) of the Kindle may be hard to get as the days go on... but... they can be had.

I had said I was going to wait on the eReaders for my oldest 2 DD's but I am now thinking I should get them. Does anyone know if the Nextbook that HSN has will be a descent one? What is the big difference in it, the kindle and the original Nook?

Amongst the more entry level ebook readers, the Pandigital that is often on sale with Kohls bucks and other misc deals is amongst the better choices from what I understand.

I do know that it comes with Android 2.0 (I think it's 2.0) so, you can do a lot of the same stuff that you can do on an Android phone. Someone earlier in the thread was very happy with theirs.

So... I'm back again just telling some tales of stuff I checked out hands on recently.

:)

Hedbanz is selling very very well ... and they keep advertising it so.. I don't see that changing soon.

Another one of the toys that we just did a review of that blew me away about how much it was sold out is the Olivia 2-in-1 Playset. But, I do know why.. It's really cool. My wife did the hands on and the only real negative we came up was that there was only one Olivia so both my kids fought over it. That's not too shabby!

But it is neat... The whole house to pirate ship conversion works well too.

I have one of the Dinosaur Planet item's sitting in front of me. It's one where you stick little "tickets" (as my son called them) of dinosaurs into your "Dinosaur Buddy". He then rattles off all sorts of dinosaur related facts, specifically on the one you put in.

Very cool stuff. And, not knowing a darn thing about dinosaurs myself, I thought there was a fair amount of info in there.

Monster High Dolls continue to be hot... really hot.

Kinect is getting R_E_A_L_L_Y hot and selling out very quickly. At least online right now. And like I said before, you might want to do it sooner than later if you are thinking about it. With all of the modifications of it, it is only going to keep selling fast.

Phew.

Ok, there's some updates from ed!

:surfweb:

Deals on kindle? That's sort of like a deal on apple :)
:

Apple deals happen. Got my son's iPad 25% off. Ask everyone you know if they know anyone who works for Apple. You may get lucky and find an Apple employee who has not used their discount yet and the year is nearly up, no sense in wasting it!

Went up to the American Girl store yesterday....AMAZING! Got Felicity (there were only a few more on the shelf and that's it) and Molly and Rebecca. My girls will be sooo excited. Also bought the air hog hawk eye this morning. My dd9 REALLY wants that.

Glad to hear that everyone's doing ok in finding the monster high dolls. I don't think I mentioned where I got all of mine....WALGREENS!

Happy Shopping. It's almost black friday. :santa:

We're decorating tomorrow and the tree goes up sunday. That's a record early for us! I'm very excited this year!

Amongst the more entry level ebook readers, the Pandigital that is often on sale with Kohls bucks and other misc deals is amongst the better choices from what I understand.

I do know that it comes with Android 2.0 (I think it's 2.0) so, you can do a lot of the same stuff that you can do on an Android phone. Someone earlier in the thread was very happy with theirs.

Kinect is getting R_E_A_L_L_Y hot and selling out very quickly. At least online right now. And like I said before, you might want to do it sooner than later if you are thinking about it. With all of the modifications of it, it is only going to keep selling fast.

Phew.

Ok, there's some updates from ed!

:surfweb:

Hmmm. DH was commenting that a friend just got an Android phone and he loved it. We have AT&T, though, and he doesn't want to switch to Verizon or Tmobile...whoever has the Droid. I wonder if he'd like the Pandigital - I'll have to check that out.

I'm really, REALLY glad we preordered our Kinect. I have a friend who is "contemplating" buying one for her kids. I hope it works out for her but I forsee some mad dashes in her future!

Went up to the American Girl store yesterday....AMAZING! Got Felicity (there were only a few more on the shelf and that's it) and Molly and Rebecca. My girls will be sooo excited. Also bought the air hog hawk eye this morning. My dd9 REALLY wants that.

Glad to hear that everyone's doing ok in finding the monster high dolls. I don't think I mentioned where I got all of mine....WALGREENS!

Happy Shopping. It's almost black friday. :santa:

We're decorating tomorrow and the tree goes up sunday. That's a record early for us! I'm very excited this year!

Aren't those stores wonderful? I think I plan our trips as much for myself as for DD ;) I can't believe you found MH dolls at Walgreens...other people are finding Teacup Piggies at Walgreens...the two nearest (which means within an hour) of me don't have either. As a matter of fact, they don't have much of anything. Oh well. I'm going to hit Justice this weekend to see if I can find any other MH dolls. We have the ones we need but if I can find the others so much the better LOL

I'm almost done with Christmas preparations. All gifts in my possession have been wrapped, stocking stuffers sorted (I have a bag for each stocking so I can just dump it in and go to bed on the 24th LOL), kids rooms decorated with their mini trees and whatnot, my living room has all my Christmas knick-knacks out. Tomorrow we are hanging our outside garland before we leave for Thanksgiving. I guess our tree will have to wait until the first weekend in December, I doubt I'll have time to deal with it next weekend.

Apple deals happen. Got my son's iPad 25% off. Ask everyone you know if they know anyone who works for Apple. You may get lucky and find an Apple employee who has not used their discount yet and the year is nearly up, no sense in wasting it!

You got me. :)

I retract my statement.

What I should have said is :

You won't find BIG deals on Apple unless you run into one of these situations :

- You get it during a promotion (like a buy a mac, get an ipod back to schoold promotion)
- Get it during a store promotion (like a lot of upcoming BF deals of gift cards)
- Have a educational discount which is 10%

Or happen to know someone that works for them.

Fixed! :)

Oh yea. Speaking of iPads... TJ Maxx (of all places.. SOME, not all) are selling the entry level one (16GB WIFI) for $399!

I have been shopping away. I bought a camping pillow ($3.20, great deal!), internal frame backpack and self-inflating mat for DS11. I may have put him over my 5 gift limit, but he needs these things for Boy Scouts. I think I'll be okay if I put a couple of the ds games I bought him in his stocking. I also got him a signaling mirror and compass for his stocking. I also got him an ipod dock/alarm clock and a skin for his ds. I think except for some stocking stuffers I'm done with him.

I got DD14 a digital camera from walmart. I wasn't going to, the laptop was supposed to be her only gift, but her other camera broke and she uses it alot. Now I need to find another gift for DS13, too. I have a few odds and ends ideas, but I can't decide. He really wants Bon Jovi concert tickets and I would love to take him, but I haven't been to a concert in years and I'm a little anxious about the crowds.

I ordered ds6 the crayola crayon maker thing from walmart this morning for $20. I still need to buy his bike and decide if I'm going to be able to get him gymnastics lessons like I'd planned. I know he wants them, but they're $50 a month so maybe I'll do 3 months, I don't know. We had some unexpected expenses come up so the budget's getting pretty tight.

Started wrapping today, mainly did DBF's stuff while he's gone. It made me realize how little we have for Christmas gifts :sad2: I need to pick up something soon for DD6's birthday too...

I at least know that worse comes to worse, I can consider DBF done (even though I DO hope to get him more stuff.....we'll see! Lol.)

Well I have not got to shop any the last 2 days but I am going to be finishing up during Black Friday and next weekend so that's fine! I have finally gotten all my Christmas decorations, wrapping supplies and lights out of the storage shed. I decorated most of the inside yesterday and plan to hang lights outside today since the weather is so nice. Then I have to pack up my DDs so they can go to my parents today since DH and I have to work Monday-Wednesday. And during that time I plan on getting some wrapping done and seeing what all I do have and what I do NEED!

I just need to vent, and since its Christmas shopping related I hope you don't mind if I do it here. :)
I was all done with the kids, including a bunch of Wii games and new controllers. My dh, who never ever does any Christmas shopping had the bright idea to get the Xbox & Kinect for everyone. My dd wants it but was going to buy it herself after her birthday, so I was going to purchase it now so I could get a good deal on it and then give it to her for her b-day after she had saved up enough to pay for it. When I told dh thats what I was going to do, he said we should get it as a family gift. I'm not opposed to that at all, but I had already gotten each of our kids a Wii game and their own controller. I am not going to give them that stuff plus theXbox, games and controllers for that. So, now I'm going to have to go and return all the Wii stuff and buy Xbox stuff. I thought I was done. When I asked him for ideas a month ago (when he knew thats what dd's plans were) I wish he spoke up instead of saying I don't know, whatever you want to get them is fine :mad:
Thanks for letting me vent but I did want to come here and share some deals, I posted in the budget board too.
Target has some games and toys on sale before BF, and they have the coupons from the Toy Book too. If you were looking for stuff, check out this weeks ad, and your coupons because they expire 11/24.

I'm very excited! I'm almost done with both of my boys Christmas stuff! I've NEVER been this close to being done this far out from Christmas! I have really used amazon this year as their prices for what I am looking for are tops. The added convenience of having things delivered and not having to fight crowds is the cherry on top!

Now to concentrate on my parents and my in-laws and I will be done!!! :banana::banana:

I got some amazing deals at Target this morning on toys. And now I am DONE shopping. No really, done! (I say that, but I know there will be another deal I can't pass up!)

I got some amazing deals at Target this morning on toys. And now I am DONE shopping. No really, done! (I say that, but I know there will be another deal I can't pass up!)

^5! Me too. I went to Target this morning and the sales are awesome. DH gave me to the go-ahead to get the older kids big gifts (DSi), found DH his main gift plus some other stuff, a couple of gifts for the younger kids, and a family gift, plus I have a $30 GC in my pocket to spend later or on BF. I am so excited because now I can relax on Black Friday and just shop for fun. :cool1:

I just need to vent, and since its Christmas shopping related I hope you don't mind if I do it here. :)
I was all done with the kids, including a bunch of Wii games and new controllers. My dh, who never ever does any Christmas shopping had the bright idea to get the Xbox & Kinect for everyone. My dd wants it but was going to buy it herself after her birthday, so I was going to purchase it now so I could get a good deal on it and then give it to her for her b-day after she had saved up enough to pay for it. When I told dh thats what I was going to do, he said we should get it as a family gift. I'm not opposed to that at all, but I had already gotten each of our kids a Wii game and their own controller. I am not going to give them that stuff plus theXbox, games and controllers for that. So, now I'm going to have to go and return all the Wii stuff and buy Xbox stuff. I thought I was done. When I asked him for ideas a month ago (when he knew thats what dd's plans were) I wish he spoke up instead of saying I don't know, whatever you want to get them is fine :mad:
Thanks for letting me vent but I did want to come here and share some deals, I posted in the budget board too.
Target has some games and toys on sale before BF, and they have the coupons from the Toy Book too. If you were looking for stuff, check out this weeks ad, and your coupons because they expire 11/24.

Men....:sad2: sorry about that hun...:hug: hopefully it works out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter