Christmas offerings? Normal this year?

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
Our first trip to Universal was in April and we are hoping to go back in December.
What are the normal Universal Christmas offerings and do you think they will be back this year?

universals site doesn’t seem to have much info yet.

Our first trip to Universal was in April and we are hoping to go back in December. What are the normal Universal Christmas offerings and do you think they will be back this year?

universals site doesn’t seem to have much info yet.
I think they will be back this year. I love the holiday time at Universal. They normally have a concert series with Mannheim Steamroller which is fabulous and a wonderful holiday parade. The parks are nicely decorated as well.

I'm sure you will have a great time!

They normally have a concert series with Mannheim Steamroller which is fabulous and a wonderful holiday parade.
So I know better than to wait for UO - love 'em but they release entertainment info fairly last minute. So I went to The Google. Mannheim's schedule is up- and sadly, it's already full for 2021, with exactly zero orlando dates in Nov or Dec.

Doesn't seem like they're performing there this year, unless someone can chime in and let me know if I'm mistaken? :(

My only hope is that UO has other live holiday entertainment in mind to replace them. Loved that concert. (Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be in Orlando, but only at Amway Center stadium.)

But there are other wonderful holiday things at both parks - so you'll still have a great time, no matter what.

So I know better than to wait for UO - love 'em but they release entertainment info fairly last minute. So I went to The Google. Mannheim's schedule is up- and sadly, it's already full for 2021, with exactly zero orlando dates in Nov or Dec.

Doesn't seem like they're performing there this year, unless someone can chime in and let me know if I'm mistaken? :(

My only hope is that UO has other live holiday entertainment in mind to replace them. Loved that concert. (Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be in Orlando, but only at Amway Center stadium.)

But there are other wonderful holiday things at both parks - so you'll still have a great time, no matter what.
That's too bad...I've seen them quite a few times.

Reactions: shh

I was hoping for updated info for Mannheim … and have been checking their tour dates… missed them last year…
The HHN events will be over soon ! Maybe they will be announcing Holiday planning soon!
Well if no Concerts… maybe something new … or a holiday version of light show… With a little effort they could easily create a similar Spectacle of lights. Their music and decorations !!!!
Universal for the holidays…
The Grinch stole my heart and Mickey will never get it back.

Did a few of the HHN tours and it seems Christmas will be mostly back to normal. Grinchmass will be in the blue man group theater. No mention of Mannheim

The planner in me is going crazy that I can't find definite information!! This will be our first trip.
It's way too early for Universal Orlando Christmas announcements. They have to get through Halloween Horror Nights first. They tend to not announce stuff as far in advance as Disney. Plus, there's not that much planning. Almost all of the xmas stuff is included in park admission and is inside the parks during regular park hours, ie Macy's parade, Grinch Show, and Hogwart's xmas projection show. The only thing that is extra is if they do any dessert party, which they rarely, if ever, do, and the Grinch breakfast at Circus McGurkus. The treats at the Tribute Store are also extra. I am almost positive that will be open, because it was open last year.

Wait. What? OUtside the gates? Will there be an upcharge for this? Move over Disney!
It's whatever show used to be on hard plastic chairs - ive not been to Grinchmass in years - they just mentioned it will be in the old blue man group theater. This really does not need to be outside the gates - they can configure so you can get into it by minions - does seem to be odd that it would be over there though

It's whatever show used to be on hard plastic chairs - ive not been to Grinchmass in years - they just mentioned it will be in the old blue man group theater. This really does not need to be outside the gates - they can configure so you can get into it by minions - does seem to be odd that it would be over there though
I think it's normally in a show building. I know the building is between IOA and Studios backstage. Maybe they are doing something else in the show building. Or maybe they want a bigger space in order to space the seating out more. The only time I went, it was really packed into the theater. You are right that they can arrange it so that Blue Man Group is accessible from inside of Studios. There is already a park entrance to Studios there that is open sometimes.

I was hoping for updated info for Mannheim … and have been checking their tour dates… missed them last year…
The HHN events will be over soon ! Maybe they will be announcing Holiday planning soon!
Well if no Concerts… maybe something new … or a holiday version of light show… With a little effort they could easily create a similar Spectacle of lights. Their music and decorations !!!!
Universal for the holidays…
The Grinch stole my heart and Mickey will never get it back.
See my earlier post - sadly checked on both Mannheim and Trans Siberian - both have booked up dates and neither includes Orlando, other than TS in an already booked stadium concert. It would be so simple and affordable for UO to just book "unknown" talent - a nice orchestra or band that would play some live holiday music. That would be great. It's the live music and traditional holiday songs that are so nice...doesn't have to be a big name.

Totally agree about the grinch - love that show! We always see it 2x (one year 3x!) each year we visit.

I wonder if they'd do anything with the little theater that used to have the Barney show. That area really isn't getting much love these days; we walked through it to get to Hill House at HHN, but that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter