Christmas Ideas 2022

Target is currently having a sale on iPads, Apple watches, AirPods, and accessories. Plus, if you purchase a $100 Apple gift card, get a $15 Target gift card.

Looking for suggestions for my 79 year old mother. I'm planning to give her some money but I want to add something to it. Money seems so impersonal. Any suggestions? Buying her clothes is out. I've bought her speciality foods in the past and was politely asked to stop doing that. She doesn't collect anything. No hobbies other than dating - LOL. Thoughts?
a concert or play maybe? I took my mom one year to a handbell concert - she loved it!

best buy dropped their black friday deals. i managed to get a backup batter/surge protector for my gamer kiddo-he had a 'tragic event' (his words) recently while playing some game and the power went out just long enough to wipe out all his progress. this way if he's playing and the power pops off he at least has time to get to a save point and shut the system down.

target just dropped a big toy ad today as well.

looking for a good deal on
-Hamilton Beech breakfast sandwich maker

Gift card deals
we went to applebees for dinner tonight. They have a gift card deal buy $50 gift card and a get $10 Bonus card. We boight $50 and used it for our dinner and still have our $10 bonus for another time.

-TGIF has buy $50 get three $5 bonus cards
-Panda Express buy $30 get free 1 item bowl

looking for a good deal on
-Hamilton Beech breakfast sandwich maker

Gift card deals
we went to applebees for dinner tonight. They have a gift card deal buy $50 gift card and a get $10 Bonus card. We boight $50 and used it for our dinner and still have our $10 bonus for another time.

-TGIF has buy $50 get three $5 bonus cards
-Panda Express buy $30 get free 1 item bowl
I would check Wal-Mart for the sandwich maker.

I'm wrapping up my shopping this week. Found a good deal on the Apple Watch I was looking for at Target. That was the last big gift I was shopping for, so now it's mostly little stuff.

i think i'm almost done. still need some stocking stuffers and some gift cards. hope to have the tree up by weekend so i can start wrapping.

Yes! I need to work on stocking stuffers too. My mom actually gave me an idea for her gift, so that was helpful. She wants a refresh on her bath towels.

I am really struggling with what to get my 16-year-old sons. They haven’t given me any ideas. I know we are going to get them tickets to go to a Sixers game, but other than that I’m at a loss. They get their driver’s licenses next month, so I’m planning on getting them gas gift cards and maybe some gift cards to some of the places they like to eat - Jersey Mike’s, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, but other than that, I’m drawing a blank. Any ideas?

I am really struggling with what to get my 16-year-old sons. They haven’t given me any ideas. I know we are going to get them tickets to go to a Sixers game, but other than that I’m at a loss. They get their driver’s licenses next month, so I’m planning on getting them gas gift cards and maybe some gift cards to some of the places they like to eat - Jersey Mike’s, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, but other than that, I’m drawing a blank. Any ideas?
Are they getting a car? Our DS25 (autistic and on his own curve, if you will) just bought a car a couple months ago. It's making Christmas easy--a Halo Bolt, and emergency road kit, etc. Just things to gussy up his new-to-him car. It's actually a 2014 Toyota Camry, but he loves it. I have to see if I can get him a bumper sticker with the car's name on it--Auto von Bismarck.

Beyond that, I'm struggling for my DS16. He's doing a lot of traveling next year, so books about his destinations (France and South Korea, while dipping his toes into Germany), and I have some leftover Euros from our last trip to Europe--he'll get those. Plus a few travel items. He's working to pay for South Korea (Scout trip)--we're paying for France (school trip), and he's doing great at earning. He'll provide his own spending money for both trips. I asked if he wanted cash for Christmas, and he said no, he wanted gifts. Cash would have been easier! And even appropriate!

kind of an obscure item but a great deal to be found at amazon's cyber monday sale running right now-heated vests and jackets for around 50% off :earseek: a friend has one and loves it on cold winter days.

For the traveling 16yo…. Packing cubes would help him stay organized while traveling through Europe. I also love my foot hammock that keeps my feet raised on the plane. It makes my legs more comfortable and I haven’t gotten a blood clot since I started using it.

If he is going to check a bag, air tags are on sale on Amazon $79.99 for 4 of them. I bought those for my Dad since he and my Mom can’t pack small enough to use just a carry on and personal item.

For the traveling 16yo…. Packing cubes would help him stay organized while traveling through Europe. I also love my foot hammock that keeps my feet raised on the plane. It makes my legs more comfortable and I haven’t gotten a blood clot since I started using it.

If he is going to check a bag, air tags are on sale on Amazon $79.99 for 4 of them. I bought those for my Dad since he and my Mom can’t pack small enough to use just a carry on and personal item.
We have packing cubes, so he's good there. I'm not so worried about France--he'll be staying with the family of the young man who stayed with us, back in April, so we know them. And he takes French. As for South Korea--it's the Boy Scout World Jamboree. We're waiting to see what the accommodations will be like--not expecting fancy, but tents versus cabins kind of thing. Also, his dad is going (but likely won't be with him, which is fine). I know DH already got them some chairs that fold up real small, and a solar charging system. DH is actually more worried about a fellow traveler who's a diabetic, and needs to keep his meds cold. I've already gotten DS16 some Korean snacks and a couple books on the language and culture.

My DS is older, but what about an NBA jersey or some vinyls or a cool pair of sneakers?

We have packing cubes, so he's good there. I'm not so worried about France--he'll be staying with the family of the young man who stayed with us, back in April, so we know them. And he takes French. As for South Korea--it's the Boy Scout World Jamboree. We're waiting to see what the accommodations will be like--not expecting fancy, but tents versus cabins kind of thing. Also, his dad is going (but likely won't be with him, which is fine). I know DH already got them some chairs that fold up real small, and a solar charging system. DH is actually more worried about a fellow traveler who's a diabetic, and needs to keep his meds cold. I've already gotten DS16 some Korean snacks and a couple books on the language and culture.

for the friend-these seem to come highly recommended

Nomad Cooling Cases for Insulin and Medications​

they say they keep stuff cold up to 30 hours, are TSA approved, and some websites are doing 25% off for cyber monday on them. i assume there is going to have to be some kind of refrigeration at the campsite b/c people do have medical needs so the friend might do well to get 2 of the cooling packs so one could be freezing while the other is maintaining his meds at temp.

for the friend-these seem to come highly recommended

they say they keep stuff cold up to 30 hours, are TSA approved, and some websites are doing 25% off for cyber monday on them. i assume there is going to have to be some kind of refrigeration at the campsite b/c people do have medical needs so the friend might do well to get 2 of the cooling packs so one could be freezing while the other is maintaining his meds at temp.
Thanks for the info! I passed it on to Dh, who'll pass it on in an email to the Scout and Scoutmaster. I can't imagine he's going to be the only attendee with this type of issue. Even if the campsite is rustic, he can go once a day to a pavilion with electricity, I'm sure. Well, pretty sure--we have no idea what to expect from the Korea trip (except, it's going to be an awesome adventure, and one day DS16 will bore his grandchildren with the details!)

Are they getting a car? Our DS25 (autistic and on his own curve, if you will) just bought a car a couple months ago. It's making Christmas easy--a Halo Bolt, and emergency road kit, etc. Just things to gussy up his new-to-him car. It's actually a 2014 Toyota Camry, but he loves it. I have to see if I can get him a bumper sticker with the car's name on it--Auto von Bismarck.

Beyond that, I'm struggling for my DS16. He's doing a lot of traveling next year, so books about his destinations (France and South Korea, while dipping his toes into Germany), and I have some leftover Euros from our last trip to Europe--he'll get those. Plus a few travel items. He's working to pay for South Korea (Scout trip)--we're paying for France (school trip), and he's doing great at earning. He'll provide his own spending money for both trips. I asked if he wanted cash for Christmas, and he said no, he wanted gifts. Cash would have been easier! And even appropriate!

They are getting my DH’s car and he’s getting a new one. The emergency road kit is a good idea!

My DS is older, but what about an NBA jersey or some vinyls or a cool pair of sneakers?

A jersey is a good idea. My sons love sports and have a few jerseys, but they might want a new one. I’ll have to ask my DH. I’m not in to sports like everyone else in my family, but by default, I watch a lot of it and go to a lot of sporting events. DH will know.

Any suggestions for a wallet for a soon-to-be 16 year old? I am thinking he is going to need one for his permit and credit card.

Thank you for the information re Nomad Cooling Cases. Looks to be just what I need to handle long flights with my injectable medication. I ordered it on Amazon.ca. They have at as a Cyber Monday deal until tomorrow I believe.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter