Christmas gift ideas for husband

Hiitsme

Mouseketeer
I am stumped. I have given him sooo many "stay in the box" gifts. The kind of stuff that now resides in the back of the closet, attic and garage. I've spent more than I will ever admit on my love and I can really use ideas. He's not a gamer or techie. We stopped buying dvds years ago. I was thinking maybe sporting event tickets, but our teams are pricey and weather can be dicey. So please come on and help a girl out.

Have you considered asking him? I also have no idea what my man would like, so I just ask for a list. I’ll also keep my ears tuned to him mentioning he wants thing throughout the year and keep a list of that in my phone.

alcohol, lounge pants, snack subscription boxes, concert tickets, leisure activity items (fishing, etc), extra phone charger, manly body wash, dollar shave club.

DH wants a tent that fits over the bed of his truck and fitted air mattress for camping. Couple other ideas - jersey of his favorite team/player, fishing license.

What are his hobbies? Does he do any activities that he needs tools or gear for?
You could always do some kind of joint gift, like a weekend getaway or something.

I'm doing a firepit themed Christmas for dh.
I'm giving him heavy duty tongs and a poker for the firepit. I got him a yeti cooler that I'm filling with some bottles of liquor, mixers, and a monogrammed tumbler.

I got dh weather techs last year, they were definitely a hit.

My husband gives me a list and I give him one too every one is happy that way and a lot less stuff that sits in the closet.

BUT, I get that some people don’t believe in that or that sometimes you want to add a surprise.

Also, what is your budget? I’ll name a bunch of things but they probably hover in the same price range as the sport tickets. Aside for Patriots and Bruins tickets I’ve done activities for the husband and kidlets for Christmas. I found the hubby and my boys tend to like the same activities so I get the same for all of them. season passes to Six Flags (they usually have a sale on them on Black Friday). Water park tickets (also a BF sale item). Gift certificates to go white water rafting. Gift certificate to the gun range. On the cheaper side- Gift certificates to the Archery range and for dinner out. A chair massage was a favorite one year.

If he’s handy you also can’t go wrong with new tools.

ETA - DHs friend got a GC to do a glassblowing class with his son. They loved it.

Last edited:
I got my DH custom floor mats from Weather Tech last year. He really likes them.
My DH bought ME Weather Tech floor mats for Xmas last year. It was an unexpected gift. HE loved them! This might be good for your DH. They are nice. Especially since it sounds like you live in a bad weather area.

My hubby is a bit of a beer snob so one year I made him a "beers of the world" gift basket. I got him very different ones so that he could compare and contrast. It was a huge hit.

DH and I only do stockings for each other now, and we use the money we would have spent on trips, Japan is what we are saving for... next year...

We are going to get noise cancelling headphone on black friday, to add to our travel gear... so sorta a gift to each other...

I am getting him a weather tech cup phone holder thingy... for the stocking this year...

Other things I have gotten him as gift and for his stocking that I have gotten over the years...

Candy
nail clippers with a case.
Flashlights
batteries
Floating key chain and water proof phone case
pens
travel size items
note pads or post it notes - he keeps in the car for when is working and needs something to write on...
pocket knife
Craftmens 10 in 1 tool - which he will be getting a new one this year, he has worn the other one completely out.
Gun accessories - cleaning kits, holster, shells and the list goes on and on....
Fishing stuff - everything from poles to worms
Portable air compressor -
Portable Battery chargers
Stuff for the boat - which there is alot of stuff to buy for the boat...
Pressure washer -
Car and boat soap - shami - wheel cleaner - Armour All - sponges - and I put it all in a bucket...
Lap top bag
Travel backpack - locking, slash proof, RIF
Pass port holders, RIF credit card holders, and RIF wallet
Tickets to concerts, football and baseball games

Excellent ideas! Thanks to all. We have gone up north to check out the Ice Castle. That was pretty fun. Last year I got him a gift card to the Mendon Drive In, also super fun, but we were wiped 1/2 way through the second movie and left. I took him to Philly for a concert. and did some exploring of the sites. I guess I'll come up with another close adventure. A Gift card for ax throwing could be something cool. I dig the idea of useful small things and snacks for a stocking or basket.

I’m a hiker, backpacker, and car camping person. So almost anything related is a good gift for me.

What does your husband like to do?

How about a TILE for his wallet or phone? Not too expensive and useful. Some of his favorite foods and snacks?

My husband gives me a list and I give him one too every one is happy that way and a lot less stuff that sits in the closet.

BUT, I get that some people don’t believe in that or that sometimes you want to add a surprise.

Also, what is your budget? I’ll name a bunch of things but they probably hover in the same price range as the sport tickets. Aside for Patriots and Bruins tickets I’ve done activities for the husband and kidlets for Christmas. I found the hubby and my boys tend to like the same activities so I get the same for all of them. season passes to Six Flags (they usually have a sale on them on Black Friday). Water park tickets (also a BF sale item). Gift certificates to go white water rafting. Gift certificate to the gun range. On the cheaper side- Gift certificates to the Archery range and for dinner out. A chair massage was a favorite one year.

If he’s handy you also can’t go wrong with new tools.

ETA - DHs friend got a GC to do a glassblowing class with his son. They loved it.
Glassblowing where? Norwood? Can I come?

We are all about consumables in our house, i dont want anything else to take up space.
So last year we made a huge basket of junk food for one. We looked for things that he lives but doesnt get like fudge from bass pro.

The last 4 years he got lounge pants and crazy socks and we have so many we had to move on but they were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter