Christmas @ DLP Tips! Go!

Chessie!

Earning My Ears
My partner and I have just booked to take my partner’s sister, her 2 daughters (3 and 6) and his Mum to go to DLP this December. My partner and I have annual Passes but have never been to DLP with kids or at Christmas. So any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!!! We are also staying at Davy Crockett Ranch for the first time so tips about there would be great too :)

Complicated group, what is going to be the goal, as you have APs and know the park inside out, but not Christmas . The others haven't been to DLP at all? How many days do you have?

Íf it was just you and your partner I would say to focus on all the entertainment. There are 2 repeats this year from other seasons: The Starlit Princess Waltz and Surprise, Mickey. Have you seen these shows and think your party might be interested in these?
I would definitely go to see Mickey's Christmas Big Band and the Christmas Parade. Depending on the interests of the girls, take them to meet Santa.

It will be a completely different trip when you are with a group intead of two The pace will be slower, and with kids you will need a plan for either child swap the rides they are not tall enough for, or skip rides. With characters, if the girls haven't been before, keep in mind kids can be scared or shy around characters.

Goals?! Well this is the girls first ever time to anything Disney!! So we want to make sure that they have a magical time. We are hoping to make it a huge surprise and it’s our Christmas present to the girls and their Mum. Since I don’t have kids I don’t want to push to hard and end up with toddler melt down!

But it’s our first time at Christmas so we are planning some sneaky alone time.

We have 3 nights. Early morning flights in and out. So I think it works out to 3 solid days for the parks. We do have a hire car as well so hopefully we can go to some supermarkets and make food a bit cheaper!

We probably won’t be renewing the APs we bought them with this trip and a romantic getaway trip in mind. Rather than paying for 3 day tickets twice! Plus merch DISCOUNT!!

We are a little worried about the youngest and the characters. She is Minnie obsessed (girl after my own heart) but she met a big bear on a different holiday (same size as Disney characters) and she screamed. I think if we do Minnie at a distance, she knows who Minnie is so I’m hoping she’ll be ok!

So yeah looking for the tips and tricks that will make the trip magical and avoid tantrums!

This is also our first time staying “on property” we have always used Airbnb. But we found an amazing deal on Expedia so we said let’s go for it :)

Staying on property is good :) then the family can go back to the hotel to rest and take care of the kids in case they get tired/overstimulated and then you and spouse can enjoy some alone time.

Use the first day to see how the youngest reacts to characters in parades & shows, and then on one of the following days take her to see Minnie.

Take things slow, let the kids guide your speed, have something to do with you while waiting in line etc, but I'm sure the mother will know a few techniques to help with that. Keep in mind that it is ok to take a step back and not do a ride, or wait a while. If kids are tired, cranky, overstimulated, etc. don't keep going 'to get your money's worth'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter