Christmas Decorations at Ft. Wilderness

Nicole786

DIS Veteran
I searched the web and can't find much information about the christmas stuff happening at Ft. Wilderness! We aren't staying there, but after watching an old Samantha Brown christmas special, we really want to explore this amazing place!

I would love to do a sleigh ride, but does anyone know if the sleigh rides tour the loops of the resort where people decorate?

Is it difficult to tour on foot? My grandmother will have an ECV, but I'd also be willing to reserve a golf cart, if they rent them by the hour..

Any extra info would be greatly appreciated (like photos and such) I'm getting so excited as the season approaches!

All loops are decorated and are worth a look. There's a HUGE display on the 1600 loop- on the road so it's easy to see from the bus. The best way might be to rent a cart for a day or two and take the time to drive through each loop.

If you are staying in one of the cabins can you bring your own decorations with?

If you are staying in one of the cabins can you bring your own decorations with?

Of course you can.

You can decorate the deck with lights (there is a outside plug between the kitchen and bedroom doors down low so you will need about 15' of extension cord to reach the deck railing).

Or maybe an inside small tree in one of the two windows facing the parking spot in front of each cabin.

Turn on the lights if you go to the parks so when you come back it will be easy to find your cabin in the dark! :thumbsup2

Bama ED

Loop 700 is usually a don't-miss showcase, and it's just across the street from the Settlement bus station. Also check out 400 and which ever loop we are in.

When do people start putting the Christmas decorations out? We'll be there Nov 26 - Dec 2. Will we be able to see anything, or is it a bit too early?

There is a video on you tube. I think it's by Orlando Attractions magazine. It shows the decorations very well.

I check in on November 18th and promptly decorate for Thanksgiving.
Then on Thanksgiving night after a wonderful dinner at Artist Point, when everyone else turns in, I take it all down and decorate for Christmas. That will stay up until my December 2nd checkout.

We're getting a golf cart, so we'll be able to drive around and see what everyone has. I thought about bringing some to decorate the cabin, but it takes up too much valuable space in our suitcases. Maybe I can find a store nearby that sells something. If I do buy anything, I'll make sure to post before we check out, since I would want to give it away to another DIS member.

We're getting a golf cart, so we'll be able to drive around and see what everyone has. I thought about bringing some to decorate the cabin, but it takes up too much valuable space in our suitcases. Maybe I can find a store nearby that sells something. If I do buy anything, I'll make sure to post before we check out, since I would want to give it away to another DIS member.
You could always ship your goodies home.

I hope some campers will have decorations up before Thanksgiving. We walked thru some of the loops 2 years ago on a very cold and blustery night, Dec 26, but i think Disney made you take decorations down because the wind was so strong.

It was very cold two years ago at the Fort, but last year it was mild most of the time. I don't recall Disney ever telling people to de-decorate due to weather. Maybe it was just a time when a lot of folks got ready to go home.

When do people start putting the Christmas decorations out? We'll be there Nov 26 - Dec 2. Will we be able to see anything, or is it a bit too early?

We were on the 800 loop during those dates last year (and will be at the Fort the same dates this year!), and at least half the sites on our loop had a LOT of decorations. Unfortunately as full-time RV-ers, lots of decorations didn't make the short list of what fits in the motor home, but we sure enjoyed everyone else's efforts!:)

We'll be camping the week of Christmas 2012. We bought out anything and everything Disney Christmas light-ish after Christmas last year since we knew we'd be at Fort Wilderness this year. It's great to decorate your campsite or cabin for the holidays. It helps feel more like home, just Disney style. :yay:

I'm new to disboards so I'm not totally sure of how to post pics yet, but I'll try to post some pictures from our 2009 stay at the campgrounds during Christmas. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter