Christmas 2008 Mischief Elf-capades

Thank you for letting us know about this US tradition, i have orderd 2 elves for our boys. We will write the letters on the plane tomorrow and they should arrive at resort in 3 days.
I cant wait to tell the boys about it and I am going to get them to keep a diary so they can tell all their school friends and teachers about it when we get back in the new year:hug:

We're also ready to go for tomorrow, Dec 1st!

I'm sitting here typing up Santa's letter to the kids... I'm still not 100% sure what it will say! LOL - can you say last minute!! I'm so excited.. this is going to be lots of fun! :)

I found some cheap cute elves at Marshalls also... very simple and perfect - 2 boys and 1 girl! Just right for our family.

I have just found some other super cute ones on the web at www.elfingaround.com (sorry if someone already posted that!). They appear to be able to sit and stand.. that's pretty nice! But, I am glad I didn't spend that money. With 3 kids it would just be too much. Perhaps if you only need to buy one..?

I'm working on their names.. and they will arrive in the kids stockings tomorrow morning.

Good luck and fun to all...!

I just ordered our elf. I had never heard of this and it sounds like so much fun. DH thinks I'm totally weird, but I love this kind of stuff and hope the kids have fun with it too. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's elves get into. I love the underwear on the tree.

I just ordered 1 for my girls and 1 for my nephew as a surprise! i'm also sending my nephew and dd's a coloring page of an elf in a box. I didn't add anything in the letter. The letter will come before the box. My brother is going to go nuts figuring out who sent it.
Then next week, I will send cotton balls so the elf can have a snowball fight, I plan on making a sleeping bag for him too!Then I will send that with a note " saying I need to good place to sleep each night" or something like that.

I love this stuff! DH doesn't even know. He will think I really flew off the deep end! LOL!

"bertie" arrived this morning armed with advent calenders and the rest of his stuff - journal, passport, sleeping bag and "magic snow bag" (polystyrene balls and hole punched paper sealed in abag to keep him cold at night), and elf reports.

the kids were over the moon especially 3yr old who asked santa for 1!

after they had gone to school bertie started his magic and put the xmas tree and decs up, he did have a slight accident and is now hanging upside down in tree with baubles all over him, little 1 wont let me "help" bertie as his brother is still at school and needs to see him!

my husband thinks i have totally lost my marbles, but he knows what i'm like at xmas! so glad i found this idea. i have told mine 2 that bertie has to go in his sleeping bag near the xmas tree every night.

Hermie is here! He's sitting in the branches of the Christmas tree holding a note rolled up like a little scroll and tied with some red string. It explains that he's watching the kids to see if they are good, that Santa will be back to get him on Christmas Eve, and that sometimes he likes to get into things but that Santa hopes he does not cause too much trouble. He brought with him the Playmobil Advent Calendar.

Just waiting on my four year old to wake up and notice him!

Hermie is here! He's sitting in the branches of the Christmas tree holding a note rolled up like a little scroll and tied with some red string. It explains that he's watching the kids to see if they are good, that Santa will be back to get him on Christmas Eve, and that sometimes he likes to get into things but that Santa hopes he does not cause too much trouble. He brought with him the Playmobil Advent Calendar.

Just waiting on my four year old to wake up and notice him!

I really want to get one of these Playmobile Advent Calendars but it's already the first so ordering it online would take too long.. where did you buy yours?? THANK YOU!

Our elf (Compton) arrived yesterday and last night he decided to check out DS's Pokemon cards.

IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg

Johnny returned to us this morning. DD8 was absolutely thrilled while DS6 nodded and went back to sleep.

I think DS is going to catch on a lot faster than DD.

Johnny is there to watch over the kids and report back to Santa, he is not naughty. I never really thought I'd be able to explain why it was okay for him to be bad in our home and yet he'd tell Santa if the kids were bad.

Incidentally, Johnny is named after my dad! DS did that one and it just stuck. DD tried all sorts of names the first year but Johnny stuck when DS said no his name is Johnny like Poppa.

Our elf, Christopher Pop-in-kins, arrived last night and decorated our Christmas tree. He was standing at the bottom putting the last ornament on when the kids discovered him. This is our fist year with an elf, so we read the book that accompanied him and learned the do's and don'ts of having an elf visitor. The kids were amazed and couldn't stop talking about it all the way to school. I really thought my oldest kids would question it or think it was stupid, but they were just as excited. Tonight Christopher is going to hang the Disney Countdown to Christmas calendar that I found at Kohl's and he will remove the first two days of December. I think I am having as much fun as the kids.

hi,

Bertie is having a great time here in the UK. my kids think it is great, they have told their friends at school (and i'm getting strange looks from other mums!)

he brought the kids advent calenders, has put the xmas tree and decs up, he hid in the freezer, left chocolatte elfs, vanished over night with a note saying he had gone to meet Rudolph. him and rudolph then sneaked into the kdis rooms and got loads of toys out and the next night they had a party downstairs with some of the toys (made a right mess - food crumbs, party poppers, lights and music on). they made it up to ME with a bag of chocolates!!!

rudolph has now gone back to the north pole. Bertie cant cause any mischief as he is under the tree in lounge and both kids are off school ill! i'm sure we will manage somehow!

Bertie does have his own website - www . bertieelfkins . mystics . co . uk

(remove spaces) please stop bye and say hi! there are still a few problems with website but OH is at work so will fix them later. I have told a few people i know about this and they have also gone and got elves so hopefully it will catch on in the UK.

That's great. I understand about some looks. I was trying to talk to my neighbor about it but her 4 yr old was there so I was talking around the how to and she asked if I had a real person staying at my house. LOL DH and I have had fun about it.

We had some kids be nasty about it and tell my kids it's not true and he knows the truth (he is only 9) and I had a chat about how rude he was being and it was not OK for him to tell the boys they were wrong b/c we do things differently here.

The elves have blog. It's in my signature.

thats cool. i have decided that i am going to borrow your "reading" idea 1 night, hope you dont mind.

i did say to my OH about bertie "borrowing" the car, but we couldnt leave it unlocked/open even if it was for 5mins (some of the youth on estate leave alot to be desired!) he has agreed that bertie can go to work with him 1 day, dred to think what the boss will say. LOL!

Jingle is having so much fun!! I have my whole family (my mom and sister) asking about what he's going to do next. I even have a friend who says "What did the elf do today?" LOL!

So far, Jingle has brought a bag of holiday kit kats for my niece and nephew, but he couldn't resist and opened the bag and was eating one! He read a new Christmas book to my niece's stuffed toys, he was riding my sleigh decoration with all sorts of plastic animals pulling him (new $1 from Micheals), he hid in our ficus tree and in the plant holder. He even hung from the ceiling fan on a ribbon swing!

Today he set up a dollar store train set and sat in the middle of it with an advent calendar (my target was sold out of the playmobil kind and nobody around me carried it.. I might ask someone who sees them regularly next year if I can send money to have one sent to me if someone here wouldn't mind keeping in touch next year? LOL!)

I took pics of many of these adventures and will post when I upload.

I love doing this.. though my niece (just turned 5).. who was initially nervous about Jingle asked her grandma "Where are you going to put jingle next?" My mom said "oh I don't do that.. jingle moves himself at night!".. she said "Ok then, where will Binna (what she calls me) put him next?"

LOL! I hope just a part of her believes....

my 6yr old was a bit funny to start with and wanted to "beat bertie up" but he has come round to the idea and i think he fully believes as his face lights up whenever he dissappears or leaves them something.

i hope we have a couple of yrs of fun b4 he realises and even then i'd like to think he would play along for his brother.

My 3.5 year old thinks that it is Santa who moves her elf around at night. I tried to tell her that "Missy" moves herself, but she is convinced that it's Santa...I guess she's right. ;)

Is my dd (5) the only one who is not really buying into this whole thing??? Our two elves (they came in a set and are twins) came on Saturday night. DD found them and was a bit excited. She quickly forgot about them and at one point said to me "they are toys". Not sure if this was a statement to me or to reassure herself so she wouldn't be scared. Maybe if they start getting a bit more mischievious she'll get excited.

I gotta admit, SaladJeff, that my DD had the same reaction at first. "She's just a doll." However, she always believed that the elf 'doll' came from Santa. Missy has been with us since Thanksgiving week and DD is finally giving in to the idea that she 'really' 'dances around' at night. It helped that Missy went with us to Grandma's over Thanksgiving and kept sneaking into Grandma's best cookie jar! :goodvibes Oh, and if she ever leaves a gift, then THAT is from Santa, not Missy...last night Missy tried to make hot cocoa for the two of them. Cocoa mix and marshmallows everywhere. DD wanted Missy to clean up her own mess! :lmao: I volunteered to help...:rolleyes:

Today the kids recieved a letter from Santa in the mail saying that he feels they need an elf in the house to keep an eye on them to see if they are being good enough to get on to Santa's nice list. I guess Santa has heard me telling them that Santa is not going to come to our house. So before bed they left out crackers and water to help Sebastian, our elf, find his way here.

I'm just afraid DD7 is going to be really disappointed that the elf isn't walking and talking. But she totally believes the letter is from Santa himself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter