Choosing When To Visit DLR: Summary of High and Low Season and When Each Happens

We are coming for our first visit to DL. We've gone several times to WDW. We are flying in the day before Thanksgiving, but will spend the first couple days in San Diego. We will drive to DL the Saturday after Thanksgiving, with Sunday being our first full day there.

I know Sunday will still be very crowded, but what about the week after (Mon - Fri)? Will that still be busy or back to low/med?

I was at DLR that week in 2009. It's great! Sunday will still be busy. But, at least when I went, Monday-Thursday was a dream! Walk-ons to the less popular rides, short 10-20 minute lines to the headliners. We even stayed on the boat at POTC, with the permission of the CM, to ride again, since there was no line!

The next weekend, though, is the Candlelight Processional. Friday will suddenly get a lot busier; expect that following Friday/Saturday/Sunday to be a zoo. But Mon-Thurs: heaven.

-Bob

Great. Thank you both for the information.

I think Sunday and Friday are the days we will do something off property then.

I tried pulling up the link for historical park hours per the link. When I go to previous months though, November and December 2010 don't pull up, only 2011 and they say 'not yet released.'

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to find the historical data?

Thanks again.

My husband and I (30s) are visiting Disneyland for 1 day in mid Feb. If we go on a Sunday, we'll have all day/night limited only by our own stamina or lack thereof. If we visit on a Monday, we'll have only until about 3:00pm. My thought is that lines will be longer on the Sunday, but at least we can push ourselves and get in all the rides we want, ending only when we've had our fill. Monday would have shorter lines, but given the distance we'd have to cover it seems very rushed. What do you Disney experts suggest?

My husband and I (30s) are visiting Disneyland for 1 day in mid Feb. If we go on a Sunday, we'll have all day/night limited only by our own stamina or lack thereof. If we visit on a Monday, we'll have only until about 3:00pm. My thought is that lines will be longer on the Sunday, but at least we can push ourselves and get in all the rides we want, ending only when we've had our fill. Monday would have shorter lines, but given the distance we'd have to cover it seems very rushed. What do you Disney experts suggest?

I'd definitely do Sunday unless you know you'll be so fatigued that you'd have to leave at 3 PM (even on Sunday), or if you seriously hate crowds so much they would ruin your day (there are some people like that).

If you go on a Monday and leave the park around 3, it appears you're looking at 6-7 hours, while it looks like you can have 16 (!) hours on Sunday. The first hour or two on Sunday should be similar to Monday's crowds (except Tomorrowland and Fantasyland will already have lines). And you can do a lot with Fastpasses.

Going on Monday, you would also miss out on nighttime entertainment (and probably the parade) as well as seeing the park/s at night. (Any interest in DCA? Paradise Pier is GORGEOUS at night; worth a hopper, IMO.) I'm not sure Sunday will be terrible anyway, though I don't know what crowds you're used to.

Have a great trip!

I'd definitely do Sunday unless you know you'll be so fatigued that you'd have to leave at 3 PM (even on Sunday), or if you seriously hate crowds so much they would ruin your day (there are some people like that).

If you go on a Monday and leave the park around 3, it appears you're looking at 6-7 hours, while it looks like you can have 16 (!) hours on Sunday. The first hour or two on Sunday should be similar to Monday's crowds (except Tomorrowland and Fantasyland will already have lines). And you can do a lot with Fastpasses.

Going on Monday, you would also miss out on nighttime entertainment (and probably the parade) as well as seeing the park/s at night. (Any interest in DCA? Paradise Pier is GORGEOUS at night; worth a hopper, IMO.) I'm not sure Sunday will be terrible anyway, though I don't know what crowds you're used to.

Have a great trip!
What she said! :)

Great post HydroGuy! Thank you for the great tips!

One question for you: What do you think is the busiest high season - Christmas, Spring Break or Summer?

:)

Great post HydroGuy! Thank you for the great tips!

One question for you: What do you think is the busiest high season - Christmas, Spring Break or Summer?

:)

The week between Christmas and New Years is THE most crowded time of the year by FAR. It's really the only time when DL closes due to capacity.

I have a question on Halloween time (october) for high time or Low time. Is October considered a High time? I'm thinking about going in October and want to re-see Fantasmic or World of Color. This means I want should think about a Thursday-Monday trip (10/23-10/27). With the new night time things, Would they be every night during the year? Really want to see the Nighttime Parade over anything else because I enjoy MSEP at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter