childs fl resident ticket question

jenjen212

Just keep Swimming, Just keep Swimming...
i will be taking my 3 godchildren to disney in a few months....

(i can't wait, i get to go to the world... AGAIN)

i finally convinced their mom (my best friend) to take them there, but now that the kids are excited about going, she can't go. so, i am taking them there.

will they need to have their fl resident id's in order for me to purchase the fl resident passes for them. they are 2, 6, 8. they don't have id's. i know the 2 year old will be free, but what about the others???

anyone know?

thanks for your help...

jen :earsgirl:

Only a fl resident can purchase fl resident passes. I would recommend her to purchase the passes prior to your trip. If you are not a fl resident you will not be able to purchases passes for them.

I think she can call the pass line and order a voucher over the phone. I'm not sure though.

OK...missed that you are also a fl resident....I would call the passholder line and find out what they suggest..

From what I understand, any children you purchase passes for are assumed to share your "resident status". For example, if my mother (FL resident) bought a pass for my son (not a FL resident, but visiting her at the time), she would get the FL rate for his ticket. Maybe this is incorrect, but it's what I always heard happens. Perhaps she should tell the ticket seller that my son is NOT a FL resident and pay the higher price, but the way I understood it, kids are the guest of the adult taking them so that's how they figure the cost. I'm sure people will let me know if I'm wrong. :rotfl:

P.S. NO my mother has never done this! Ds is 6 months old! I meant hypothetically. Please, no flames if this is the incorrect procedure or somehow "illegal"! :sunny: I'm not a Disney scammer...PROMISE! :rotfl2:

i am a fl resident, and the children are fl residents. since i have never had to purchase a child's ticket before, i was just wondering if they ask that the children have some sort of id, in order to get the fl resident rate for them as well.

their mother will not be able to come because of other reasons. but so the kids won't miss out on seeing disney :earboy2: , i told her that dh and i would be glad to take them. but i am just wondering how it works? :confused3

would i have to have some sort of id for them to get the discount?

sorry... just wanted to clarify in case my question seemed confusing.

thank you all for your input... :lovestruc

jen :earsgirl:

Children don't need to have ID's... most don't, anyway! They just need to be accompanied by a relative who is a Florida resident.... in that case, you!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter