Childrens Hospitals

WantToGoNow

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip early September. My grandson will be 2.5 years old and just over 2 years out from heart transplant. He is also trached/vented (hopefully only vented at night when we go). He also has a gtube but is also fed orally. If he would need emergency medical treatment is there a good Childrens Hospital close by that specializes in these areas?

Arnold Palmer and Florida Hospital both have a pediatric transplant program so they are experienced with your child's issues.
We moved to Orlando so my child could be seen regularly at Florida Childrens for a different issue than your child. I cannot begin to say enough positive things about Florida Hospital.i just felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders when she started going there.

We are planning a trip early September. My grandson will be 2.5 years old and just over 2 years out from heart transplant. He is also trached/vented (hopefully only vented at night when we go). He also has a gtube but is also fed orally. If he would need emergency medical treatment is there a good Childrens Hospital close by that specializes in these areas?

I would think your grandson's parents would check with his medical team to see which children's hospital the team would recommend? It might not even be a children's hospital - there could be a regular one that has the best cardiac department in the area.

I would think your grandson's parents would check with his medical team to see which children's hospital the team would recommend? It might not even be a children's hospital - there could be a regular one that has the best cardiac department in the area.
There is only one parent - my daughter. She lives in the house we me, my sh and my two teenagers. She spoke to transplant and Pulminary and neither suggested anything specific.

Arnold Palmer is a local children's hospital.

I would call them and perhaps alert them to the possible need and see what would help them in the event you do need to come in i.e. will having his most up to date x-rays and such on hand be useful will it not really matter stuff like that.

There is only one parent - my daughter. She lives in the house we me, my sh and my two teenagers. She spoke to transplant and Pulminary and neither suggested anything specific.

Did she ask them specifically to recommend a hospital? Your daughter (sorry you lost your son in law) should also make sure that the hospital picked will take her insurance.

What's a sh?

my oldest was hospitalized for several days during our trip down there almost 6 years ago. She was at Florida Hospital for Children and I must say they were excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter