Children with ADHD/Bipolar at WDW

momtokendantom

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first family trip to WDW in October. Our 9 year old son has multiple psychiatric disorders (Bipolar/ADHD) and a neurological disorder. Is any one willing to share their experience at WDW world with a "complicated" child?

He looks completely "normal", but suffers from anxiety, and severe mood swings. I would like to get a GAC, but I am concerned people might think we are taking advantage of a GAC.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mom to Ken, Dan & Tom

Get the GAC, don't worry about what other people are imagining. They will be imagining worse if your child is having a tantrum in line with them. Believe me. Been there. You have to do the right thing for your family, whatever it takes, and don't let other people hold you back from that.

Click on the link in my signature to see information about the GAC.

If you get a GAC, that doesn't mean you will always use it for every ride/attraction. If there is a short line and you think he can handle the wait OK without it, you won't use it. It might help you to think of it as a support for him when he wouldn't be able to handle the line. Like teri said, it's not only to help him out, but the other people who would not want to be waiting with him in line if he's having problems. Also, with fastpass available, you will probably be using that for some rides. That helps a lot to minimize your wait.

Get the GAC. Just because you have one doesn't mean you can't use the "normal" line. You will be glad that you have it. Use it when you need it the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter