Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Lookie who the Brave's activated off the DL today :rolleyes1 I will take it as a compliment that a guy who was in a car wreck 5 months ago and his family injured...is brought back JUST in time for the Cubs.
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get this series!
FXkHFe.gif

Anyone know when Kyle comes back? It makes me want to puke knowing we've got Lackey and Montgomery starting 2 of these games against the Braves.

F
OK Gang...I know we just had 3 fun games, but it WAS against meh pitching in a hitters park. THAT said, time to introduce the Cubs to the new ATL park and leave a very lasting impression. Plus Kewz is gonna be there (which game, Kewz?)

We'll be there Wednesday!

update on Kyles pitching tonight:
Hendricks threw 63 pitches over 5 hitless innings in 2nd rehab start . 3 Ks

I think he's ready :teeth:

Schwarber looks absolutely dreadful. At some point you have to consider putting Almora and Happ as the everyday starts. You can't continue to have this guy hitting like this!!!

Another whew and another W!

I'll admit to standing in the bathroom during that last at bat...just couldn't watch!

Four in a row!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

6MWvwWI.gif

No way were we losing after Lester's fantastic game.(In spite CB's lacking eyesight behind the plate AND giving Gatorade boy that walk when he clearly went:rolleyes:) and Milwaukee losing.
I have got to give props to Brave's Freeman...Schwarb's smoked that ball with bases loaded..111mph, would have cleared the bases~ and then the same for Zobie. Javy , that clocked Ipad error kinda hurt but your bat made up for it. The shift killing Rizzo...and thank you reliever Krol(from my town no less, lol) for giving up the 400+ bomb to Rizzo. Addie with that clutch off the bench double....Russell Ins Agency at your service. All started with Zobies hit up the middle, unreal how that got through!The guys have a feel for the park(esp Schwarber, lol) hopefully ,and lets keep chipping away!
1c4fefc7c8175d994c2fbcd8523de743.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I need to stop watching the games. I was gone this weekend for a Christian retreat so I didn't see any of the games. Last night, I was so tired from the weekend, I totally forgot about the game (although it was SUPPOSED to be a game I was at, but DS dropped the ball.) Sadly, I should've known better than to think he'd follow through, but I was hoping. :sad2:

So, since I can't see them in person without spending a small fortune, maybe I'll just not watch and hope they keep the W streak going! So, y'all keep on watching and I'll keep hoping me not Watching is the key.

you forgot:

from Happiness ~ Cubs are World Series Champs!

We all survived that but I'm willing to take another chance... :rolleyes1

I wonder if the Brave's gatorade cooler paid the price tonight :rolleyes1

I didn't realize that's who that was until I saw the GIF... THEN I remembered him. :duck:

I guess I need to stop watching the games. I was gone this weekend for a Christian retreat so I didn't see any of the games. Last night, I was so tired from the weekend, I totally forgot about the game (although it was SUPPOSED to be a game I was at, but DS dropped the ball.) Sadly, I should've known better than to think he'd follow through, but I was hoping. :sad2:

So, since I can't see them in person without spending a small fortune, maybe I'll just not watch and hope they keep the W streak going! So, y'all keep on watching and I'll keep hoping me not Watching is the key.

Well at least listen to the game! :listen:

yeah...like Kewz said, listen to Pat and Ron! I live 90 minutes commute to Wrigley but have only gotten there once this season (so far)~ sometimes it just isn't in the cards. I am not sure how the new park is designed property wise, but can you go in the area and be in the atmosphere or is it a lone standing park/parking lot?

Here is tonight's line-up...Willy still starting. I have to believe if we are up Victor will come in by the 7th. Hoping we get competitive Lackey, the one may give up a bomb or two but shuts them down otherwise. Gonna depend on his fastball. I think after the appearances from Jake, Q, and Lester, Big John will be focused and has had a good, long rest. Butler was optioned back to Iowa for Lackey's return. AAJ in , against a LHP. Addie saved us in game 1 of Oriole series and we continued to win, yesterday he saved us in game one for this series...I sure hope it's a sign.
tenor.gif

LETS GO CUBS!!! YOU HAVE THE TALENT! (and CB Bucknor isn't behind the plate tonight)

DFCir9JWAAEz_UT.jpg:large

Per Carrie Muskat:
Reports from Atlanta: #Cubs rotation vs Cardinals will be Arrieta, Lester, Quintana.
So we've got Martinez vs. Arrieta; Wainwright vs. Lester; and Wacha vs. Quintana on tap

No Kyle...I wonder if his follow up today didn't go as well as hoped?
Looks to me like they want Q for the Brewers series..so any hoping for him against the Sux, maybe next year. Hoping that the Brewers series is the case for Kyle as well.

Last edited:
So Doc, the rain...make it go away
tenor.gif

Sorry...wish I had that direct line to God on that one. But alas, it's summer in Atlanta, so rain is a normal occurrence. Not as often or as predictable as WDW in the afternoon, but still often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter